The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you gotten the COVID vaccine?
Yes, I have gotten the COVID vaccine 52 77.61%
No, I have not gotten the COVID vaccine 15 22.39%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-16-2021, 08:53 AM   #501
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
They did more than that. For a while there FB would ban you and Youtube would deplatform you just for saying the word.
Because that's the full-on politicism you see from the left.... they found a thread to grab on to and so they decided to use it and bury it. That's all that was.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 08:59 AM   #502
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Indeed, as noted, the FDA revoked the use for Covid treatment, mostly because the levels required to effectively deal with the virus are highly dangerous with multiple other side effects. Which I think I mentioned way way back in this thread, that it was certainly A treatment, but a dangerous one at that.

So official medical websites and journels are in hock with the government and MSM? The only links you will "approve" are ones that support your narrative (like the echo chamber of how so many people live socially on FB). You really are a ****ing wackadoodle, aren't you?
Nah, again, the whackadoodle is you. You're pro-tyrant, pro-terrorist, pro-pedophile. Accept it & do better.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 10:08 AM   #503
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Y'know what else is great, is they're trying to push everybody back to work and cutting off everybody's benefits at the exact same time mask mandates are coming back and the case numbers are supposedly rising again, all these new variants are popping up, etc. etc.

Like dude, if you seriously wanna keep pushing this "Don't go outside or you'll get sick and die" narrative in one breath, you can't simultaneously cut off the lifeline. It's either safe to go outside or it's not; you can't pull this "It's getting worse again! But we can't afford to keep writing blank checks, so just go to work, you'll be fine, maybe" stuff.

Sure, I admit, I've been making a lot more money staying home than I ever made by going to work, so I totally understand why people vote for this kinda thing. After working since I was 17 and just barely paying my bills despite working 6 or 7 days a week, it's been super-nice to make way more money to be on "vacation". But at the same time, there's legit reasons I don't want to go back to work right now. First of all, I went to school for One Thing and that job doesn't really exist anymore, at least not in any capacity that will pay me anywhere close to what I was making before. So my prospects are basically "Get paid sh*t to work in fast food" or "Get paid sh*t to work at Wal-mart", neither of which is a particularly appealing option, especially at my age.

But beyond that, while I don't personally know TOO many people who've actually gotten Covid, 100% of those I know who DID get it got it by going to work. Since I've managed to NOT get it all this time, I do have a genuine fear that if I go back to work anytime soon that I actually will get it. And I don't need that sh*t.

So it's like, okay, if you're gonna keep saying that it's getting worse again, better start cutting more checks and approving more extensions. BUT, it's not like the Democrats don't have a long history of promising blank checks and free lunches and then welching on the offer when it actually counts, or anything.
They're doing this because they're trying to stretch this out as long as possible. I swear the government cares about everything except actually ending the pandemic. It was like last year when it was dangerous to be in large gatherings, but attending protests for Floyd in large gatherings were A-OK and encouraged by politicians and media.

You're a cool dude, I hope and pray you never get it, but at least you're smart enough to know that if God forbid it happens, it was because the government and society pushed you right back to work at a time it's becoming dangerous to leave the house again, and not because 'grrrr those damn unvaccinated people that surely deserve to die grrrrr'.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 02:29 PM   #504
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
You're pro-tyrant, pro-terrorist, pro-pedophile.
Don't forget pro-earthquake, pro-alien attack (outer space type), pro-rabid squirrels, pro-pushing grannies down stairs...
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 08:08 PM   #505
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Don't forget pro-earthquake, pro-alien attack (outer space type), pro-rabid squirrels, pro-pushing grannies down stairs...
First three covers those. No need to repeat yourself.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 09:00 AM   #506
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Nah, again, the whackadoodle is you. You're pro-tyrant, pro-terrorist, pro-pedophile. Accept it & do better.
Considering I grew up under the threat of the IRA (trust me, you Yanks had no idea what terrorism was actually like until 9/11) and was in the vicinity of two bombs going off, then miss one there. Again spurious conclusions designed to provoke a response. Dear me, grade D, must do better.
Old 08-17-2021, 09:45 AM   #507
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Considering I grew up under the threat of the IRA (trust me, you Yanks had no idea what terrorism was actually like until 9/11) and was in the vicinity of two bombs going off, then miss one there. Again spurious conclusions designed to provoke a response. Dear me, grade D, must do better.

Where is the like button when you need one? You are my hero....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 11:48 AM   #508
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Just curious.... where you in Ireland or was a lot of this spillover into the surrounding U.K.?
Old 08-17-2021, 03:41 PM   #509
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Just curious.... where you in Ireland or was a lot of this spillover into the surrounding U.K.?
UK bombings, specifically the 1993 Harrods explosion and the 1996 Docklands incident. I went to Imperial College which is not very far from the former.

One of my work colleagues in my first job post university did a three year tour patrolling Ireland, manning the border posts etc in the early 90s and he said it was one of the most stressful jobs you could ever have.
Old 08-17-2021, 04:09 PM   #510
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
UK bombings, specifically the 1993 Harrods explosion and the 1996 Docklands incident. I went to Imperial College which is not very far from the former.

One of my work colleagues in my first job post university did a three year tour patrolling Ireland, manning the border posts etc in the early 90s and he said it was one of the most stressful jobs you could ever have.
I believe it......
Old 08-18-2021, 02:13 PM   #511
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
bigot.

we should have another poll: for those who are already fully vaccinated, do you plan on getting the 3rd covid “booster” shot?

been seeing alot of those that are fully vaccinated but had severe side effects from the vaccine ie heart inflammation, very hesitant to get the third booster shot, still being pushed to get the booster, on top of the fact the vaccine apparently doesn’t work since they say you can still get and spread covid if you’re vaccinated, and you will still be force-masked if you’re vaxxed or unvaxxed, so what is the real benefit of getting the vaccine? oh i see this first vaccines won’t provide immunity, but you get the next shots and you will be immune then?

will the triple-vaxxed be turning against the double-vaxxed who don’t want the booster?
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 03:56 PM   #512
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

It's not even offered yet and supposedly it would start with the most vulnerable again who were vaccinated first.

If they really do decide it should be gotten around 8 months after being fully vaccinated the first time, for most of us that wouldn't even be until early next year or the spring. Little soon to start ranting about it.

I'd much rather not have to get another needle, but will consider that bridge if/when it gets here. If people would play their cards right (instead of handling them like an 18-month-old would) maybe by then it won't be necessary.

It has nothing to do with if the first shot(s) provide immunity and all about boosting the antibodies to keep that at a well effective level if they happen to decrease after a time. Seniors and people who have immune issues who don't make antibodies as well as most could benefit from the additional chance to increase that.
Old 08-18-2021, 04:09 PM   #513
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Let's just keep in mind that antibodies are only ONE way our immune system wards away disease, particularly ones we've been vaccinated against. There is still B/T cell memory immunity.

I'd get a booster if there was any compelling data that it is necessary for anyone but the super old or immuno-compromised.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 04:30 PM   #514
Banned

the biden admin recommends covid-19 booster shot for all Americans. it will be available next month.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...-months-505485
Old 08-18-2021, 05:12 PM   #515
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987 View Post
been seeing alot of those that are fully vaccinated but had severe side effects from the vaccine ie heart inflammation, very hesitant to get the third booster shot, still being pushed to get the booster, on top of the fact the vaccine apparently doesn’t work since they say you can still get and spread covid if you’re vaccinated, and you will still be force-masked if you’re vaxxed or unvaxxed, so what is the real benefit of getting the vaccine? oh i see this first vaccines won’t provide immunity, but you get the next shots and you will be immune then?
No vaccine is 100% effective. But it really depends on the variant here for Covid. The first jab was effective on its own against Alpha but only rated 30% effective against Delta, you really need that second jab. If double jabbed and you still get Covid, you are significantly less likely to suffer any severe effects (including being hospitalised) and less likely to spread it to others. Those are the benefits.

Like you though, I’m waiting to see what the science says about a booster jab, because we haven’t had any such talk yet here in the U.K.
Old 08-18-2021, 05:33 PM   #516
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
No vaccine is 100% effective. But it really depends on the variant here for Covid. The first jab was effective on its own against Alpha but only rated 30% effective against Delta, you really need that second jab.
I'm not saying you're wrong, but it's a bit hard to believe that when either the first Pfizer or Moderna shot gives you about 85-90% immunity to COVID and the second jab just gives you that last little 5-10%... that that last 5-10% would significantly get you past 30% for Delta.

Though we're not really talking about immunity, or at least we shouldn't be. "Will it kill us or give us terrible symptoms if we're fully Pfizer or Moderna vaccinated, based on all available data?" The answer is no.
Old 08-18-2021, 05:50 PM   #517
Leo656
The Franchise

The only things I know for a fact are as follows:

- While not everyone I know who went back to work got Covid, most of the ones who did get it got it after going back to work.

- While most people I know who were vaccinated did not get Covid, the only people I know who got it RECENTLY were already vaccinated.

Suffice to say, this information does NOT put me in any hurry whatsoever to either 1. Get vaccinated, or 2. Go back to work.

BUT, things being what they are, very soon I will have no choice but to do A if I'm going to be "allowed" to do B. You can imagine how exciting that is to think about; the fact that I've managed to avoid getting Covid this entire time, but stand a pretty good chance of getting it in the future thanks to mandates which are in place supposedly to help people AVOID getting it.

I'd honestly just as soon stay home for another year but the Dems aren't gonna let me. Or at least, they're not gonna keep paying me for it.

Trust me when I say that If/When I get Covid from either getting the shot or going back to work, I plan to scream bloody murder about it because that sh*t is bananas.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 06:16 PM   #518
Banned

sham

it all just seems like propaganda to me. covid propaganda everywhere, tv, radio, sign on the streets, business doors, can’t get away from this crap. you got all these virtue signaling celebrities telling you to get the vaccine, but they remain completely silent on the middle east crisis. just imagine all those celebrities making an emotional video asking the taliban to stop.

Trump says the booster shot is a “money making operation for pfizer

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...on-Pfizer.html

also find it ironic that the CDC doesn’t mandate it’s employees to get the vaccine, nor does the FDA, WHO, white house, pfizer, moderna, johnson&johnson

the health dictators won’t even mandate their own vaccine on themselves, but expect everyone to follow their orders. f that, not interested.
Old 08-18-2021, 06:35 PM   #519
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Speaking of immune system... reminded me of a video I saw the other night and had considered posting. Not Covid related (based on a bacterial scenario, not viral), but pretty good and a little humorous.

Did see one about Covid on the same channel if interested, though think it was older and pre-vaccine and delta. edit: Also a vaccine video, but just in general, not about Covid, and is honest about the risks as well.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 08-18-2021 at 06:53 PM.
Old 08-18-2021, 06:51 PM   #520
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
The only things I know for a fact are as follows:

- While not everyone I know who went back to work got Covid, most of the ones who did get it got it after going back to work.

- While most people I know who were vaccinated did not get Covid, the only people I know who got it RECENTLY were already vaccinated.
But when you say "they got it," what does that mean? They got significantly sick? Or anything?

Tags
indigocuck