The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 05-24-2022, 02:01 PM   #1
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Monkeypox

So some new disease is starting to spread, but it sounds mostly sexually transmitted so hey, most of us here should be safe. Cybercubed should be practically immune.

But this does seem to the next big hot button issue after the left got tired of CoVid and Ukraine.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 02:33 PM   #2
superstaff
Mad Scientist

I'm going to live my life as normal as possible.

Live Free or Die.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 02:37 PM   #3
Banned

another democratic fear mongering campaign. the idea is that those who didn’t take their poison injection, will finally cave and get the new and improved vaccine with monkeypox protection, cause monkeypox is scarier than covid?

this dam communist democrat party of crime needs to be taken out of commission already, they’re worse than krang and shredder!

monkeypox? sounds like a tmnt cartoon episode.

at what point do the ninja turtles step in and save us from these corrupt commies?!

Last edited by 1987; 05-24-2022 at 03:07 PM.
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 03:43 PM   #4
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987 View Post
another democratic fear mongering campaign. the idea is that those who didn’t take their poison injection, will finally cave and get the new and improved vaccine with monkeypox protection, cause monkeypox is scarier than covid?

this dam communist democrat party of crime needs to be taken out of commission already, they’re worse than krang and shredder!

monkeypox? sounds like a tmnt cartoon episode.

at what point do the ninja turtles step in and save us from these corrupt commies?!
Dude, stop derailing everything with your constant extremism or it may be time for a break.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 04:12 PM   #5
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Dude, stop derailing everything with your constant extremism or it may be time for a break.
No no he's right.

It's starting to sound like this is the new way to push the vaccines.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 05-24-2022, 05:00 PM   #6
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Nah, Monkeypox was identified decades ago (the 1950s I think?) and this isn't the first time there have been human outbreaks, but they've been small numbers.

Read that supposedly the smallpox vaccine was likewise relatively effective against it back in the day, so if this somehow actually turned into something to worry about (doubtful), they could bring back that already known and trusted vaccine?

Not heard of any sexually transmitted causes specifically or "mostly"... just close contact, body fluids, contaminated objects, the usual virus transmitting things/sources/behaviors. Though I guess sleeping with someone who has it would be playing with fire... but egads, why would you?? Considering the gross photo I saw on the news yesterday of someone's hand and wrist looking like they had frickin' marbles under their flesh -- yikes. But at least it's pretty easy to identify and stay away from??

edit: That photo...
Spoiler:

more edit: Oh geeze, it's real.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-24-2022 at 05:16 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 03:44 PM   #7
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Yeah it’s been round for decades, just it’s having a bit of a breakout session with this latest strain and infection season…
Old 05-25-2022, 04:09 PM   #8
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Evidently this spike is almost 100% due to a pocket of gay males doing butt stuff overseas.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 04:29 PM   #9
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Ah, so that's why I kept hearing 'gay' whenever this is brought up. But still wtf. Did someone **** a monkey and passed it down to his butt-buddies? Like how does this even happen?

As if gay people needed further reason to bring the hatred towards them.

Old 05-25-2022, 04:37 PM   #10
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

What gets me about this is there are only about ONE DOZEN confirmed cases of monkey pox in the UK and North America. Only 2 are in the US. And yet here we are freaking out about a viral infection that requires personal contact to contract. It's not like Covid which is airborne.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 05:23 PM   #11
Leo656
The Franchise

"You walk around all the time with sh*t on yer dick, you're gonna catch SOMETHIN', that's all I gotta say!"
- Andrew "Dice" Clay, PhD

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 05:27 PM   #12
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
What gets me about this is there are only about ONE DOZEN confirmed cases of monkey pox in the UK and North America. Only 2 are in the US. And yet here we are freaking out about a viral infection that requires personal contact to contract. It's not like Covid which is airborne.
Trust me, they're gonna make this the new CoVid. At least this time most of are awake and see the BS coming.

Old 05-25-2022, 05:32 PM   #13
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Eh, it's probably just "news" to report on things happening and better people at least know there is an outbreak, even if it probably won't become any big deal for the rest of us. Last thing we need is some clueless nitwits just ignoring some creepy blisters and sores they'd rather avoid seeing a doctor about and go passing it around further in their communities.

At least this looks easily identifiable if you see someone looking nasty like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Ah, so that's why I kept hearing 'gay' whenever this is brought up. But still wtf. Did someone **** a monkey and passed it down to his butt-buddies? Like how does this even happen?

As if gay people needed further reason to bring the hatred towards them.
Supposedly it can be spread simply by saliva, breathing in droplets, etc, like a lot of viruses, so it didn't necessarily come from doing anything sexual, wrong or weird. (Even if it really did originate with some random gay guy, and isn't a rumor, and simply passed it because of close contact.)

Was reading it can infect a lot of animals, not just monkeys and us, so who knows where someone even managed to pick that up originally. But Monkeypox is not an STD.

Either way, not really going to worry unless it shows up locally and somehow proves to be a more actively spreading strain, but if it's anything like prior outbreaks it will remain small. Looks like the last one was in 2003 in several midwest states.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-25-2022 at 05:45 PM.
Old 05-25-2022, 06:05 PM   #14
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Supposedly it can be spread simply by saliva, breathing in droplets, etc, like a lot of viruses, so it didn't necessarily come from doing anything sexual, wrong or weird.
Yet it sounds like 100% of the people getting it are gay males doing butt stuff. Apparently the big outbreak originated at some kind of a big gay pool party. But the main news outlets aren't liking to talk about that.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 06:35 PM   #15
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Which is still purely situational and not specifically a "gay thing" or "butt stuff." Saw articles suggesting it may be tied to two raves in Europe. So some infected guy probably passed it to some other guys via close (possibly intimate) contact, and entirely situational that it wasn't given to women because...well, the infected guy isn't into women. Now any infected bi guys... stay away from them, ladies.

Less about "butt stuff" and more about the gross infectious blisters that can turn in up in various places, including, apparently, in the groin area. Yuck.

Wonder how easily those things break open, because that creates a pretty disgusting mental picture of people grinding on each other and popping nasty blisters all the while.

Stay away from anyone that looks like human bubble wrap. If he/she takes off their pants and there is "bubble wrap" down there (or elsewhere), just say no.

Something I saw said it normally lasts 2 to 4 weeks. Being all blistered up that long sounds like torture. The soles of the feet can get them... Fun. How do you not go breaking them open.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-25-2022 at 08:19 PM.
Old 05-25-2022, 07:40 PM   #16
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Yay, AIDS and Covid 2.0, with more fearmongering and likely more liberties stripped away.
Old 06-15-2022, 10:34 AM   #17
Banned

renamed

looks like WHO is renaming it since the term “monkeypox” is considered racist

https://www.foxnews.com/world/who-re...discriminatory
Old 06-15-2022, 10:50 AM   #18
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987 View Post
looks like WHO is renaming it since the term “monkeypox” is considered racist

https://www.foxnews.com/world/who-re...discriminatory
If people can't see the tactics they're employing through this then all hope is lost.

Get ready for more rights being stripped away from us.
Old 06-17-2022, 08:07 AM   #19
Banned

Old 07-02-2022, 04:44 PM   #20
Banned

it’s back

as soon as gay pride month is over, WHO issues fresh new warning over monkeypox

https://www.who.int/europe/news/item...or-complacency

i did NAZI that coming. just put out this statement yesterday, literally 1 day after gay pride month ends but i guess monkeypox was on vacation during gay pride month?

they are saying it is currently not a public health emergency of “international concern”, but that’s how the covid narrative started out in 2020…