The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 03-17-2014, 07:24 PM   #41
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Girls hug their male friends all the time without being romantically interested in them though.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:24 PM   #42
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
As for Casey, she never hugged him in the show, let alone kissing him. The closest they get is this almost slipping on ice April and both of them chilling on a bench like best buddies.

http://i.imgur.com/Il8oHVR.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/ixe0RUs.gif
http://i.imgur.com/i7ogPVf.jpg
Wrong, she gave him a long hug after the worm threw up in the last episode. It's so disturbing that fans want bestiality in this show.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:33 PM   #43
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMan View Post
Wrong, she gave him a long hug after the worm threw up in the last episode. It's so disturbing that fans want bestiality in this show.
Seriously? The "bestiality" crap again?

Just grow up...
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:17 PM   #44
billbot85
Mad Scientist

Trying to separate Donnie from April is like trying to separate Mikey from pizza, it's not gonna happen.

I'm pretty sure Donnie's infatuation with April is in the for the long haul in this show.

GIFSoup
billbot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:28 PM   #45
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

1! 2! 3! 4! I declare a shipping war! Apriltello all the way, Don beats Casey any day!

All joking aside... I don't think April needs to be in a relationship, she's not some object to be won...but since Nick is going to shove the love triangle down our throats no matter what...I guess I'll pick a side. Apriltello!

Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:49 PM   #46
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth View Post
Thank you for highlighting "the kiss".

Someone made an analysis of April kissing Donnie.

In OT it looks pretty normal.

In the 2k3 version, April is kind of - bracing her hand against Donnie’s arm as she kisses him. She’s steadying herself so she doesn’t get too close, 'Yeah, I'm totally gonna swoop in and lay JUST a quick one on you, boy.'

The whole body language there really doesn’t read as anything more than awkward-friendly.

In the 2k12 version, though, she’s not only cupping his face as she kisses him, but given that Donnie’s head is at a kind of angle, she’s actually pulling him into it. It’s not meant to be a quick in-and-out thing - there’s definitely more of an intention to linger there.

And that’s nothing to say about the thing going on with her eyebrows, she is totally digging herself some green mutant turtle there, man.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:53 PM   #47
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist

And this just got weird.
The Fifth Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:56 PM   #48
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Turtle View Post
And this just got weird.
The show is weird.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:03 PM   #49
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

I only want Apriltello to happen when they start acting like real people. The beauty of this show is that we have characters who are multi faceted individuals, and the romance aspect is slowly becoming a distraction to both Donnie and April's character development.
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:14 PM   #50
RobotTortilla
New Recruit

April hugging/kissing Donnie in moments of gratitude or grief doesn't really imply romantic interest. If hugging/kissing a friend means you're into them I guess I'm hopelessly in love with several friends and family members.

Donnie is a nice guy and good friend, that doesn't mean he should just get April for being nice because that's not how attraction works. You don't do x amount of nice things for a friend and level up to "Boyfriend." Romantic attraction is an entirely different beast from friendship (though it can grow from it).

Also, unless my understanding of body language and facial expressions have been wrong all these years, you don't give a guy who's hitting on you a look like this:

unless you're at least kinda into it.
RobotTortilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:35 PM   #51
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Already got that covered: Casey asked for a date. April was just entertaining the thought I reckon, or just being a tease. Still she never like planted a kiss on him or anything.

Heck I ship them too, I don't mind. I have a lot of ships I need Captain Jack Sparrow to commandeer all of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotTortilla View Post
April hugging/kissing Donnie in moments of gratitude or grief doesn't really imply romantic interest. If hugging/kissing a friend means you're into them I guess I'm hopelessly in love with several friends and family members.
That's YOU. April is a different case. You don't really see her hug or even kiss other people/turtles. Nu' uh.

Last edited by Shark_Blade; 03-17-2014 at 10:47 PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:44 PM   #52
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
They started Donnie's crush in the very first episode of the series, it won't end anytime soon. I see it being carried forward in the long run. Like any series/trilogies, it'll probably reach a (favorable ) conclusion in the end.

http://i.imgur.com/q3IcTuq.gif

Not to mention there's tonnes of references/hints by Nick themselves, they aren't gonna sink that ship down, no siree!:

http://i.imgur.com/mvmgzs8.png

http://i.imgur.com/tk0zf3n.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/l3UMcMu.jpg
I saw that thing on Nick. It would be stupid for them to ignore such a favorable outcome by the viewers/fans of the show themselve, and I think the creators already paved a path for them to go down without offending anyone, via making April into a half human. That's about as big of a red herring as we are going to get. They are going to stretch the hell out of it, because it does bring in the traffic. It's like Scully and Mulder all over again.

I can almost see what's is probably going to happen. Irma will finally be introduced to the Turtles, and she starts to strike up a rapport with Donnie, and this will cause April to see him in a whole new light. Remember, these are teenagers we are talking about, and this part is as real as you're going to get.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:54 PM   #53
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
As for Casey, she never hugged him in the show, let alone kissing him. The closest they get is this almost slipping on ice April and both of them chilling on a bench like best buddies.

http://i.imgur.com/Il8oHVR.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/ixe0RUs.gif
http://i.imgur.com/i7ogPVf.jpg
And the one time she thought Casey was touching her, she got all pissed (but it was actually the worm!.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:57 PM   #54
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Girls hug their male friends all the time without being romantically interested in them though.
Long time no see hugs, yeah, but not the kind of hugs in here, where she runs to him in comfort hugs. Totally different thing. Think of how they played out the Hermione and Ron relationship in Harry Potter (one of the best ever done) there were subtleties, other crushes along the way, but whenever Hermione or Ron were upset, they ended up hugging eachother. This is exactly whats going on in TMNT right now.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:01 PM   #55
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Turtle View Post
And this just got weird.
You think Donnie and April together is making the show weird now, when I think the weirdest is when Mikey actually licks a piece of icecream kitty. Now that's weird!
Old 03-18-2014, 07:48 AM   #56
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMan View Post
Dude, April isn't fully human, so there's no bestiality there whatsoever. You really need to just stop with all of the B.S.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:54 AM   #57
Shellrider13
Thug

Quote:
I would not know muahahah
Shellrider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:59 PM   #58
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

ya know....honestly I wouldn't mind Apriltello

if they didn't show us Don's crush EVERY episode April appears....there was literally like one episode where this didn't happen...and man was it a breathe of fresh air.

Aang had a crush on Katara, but they didn't have to remind us every single episode!

if they toned down Don's crush on her....then I'd be cool, sadly it seems to be getting worse.

That's the only reason I want Capril to happen.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:10 PM   #59
kolaida
Foot Soldier

Well, you got me there. Though, girls do hug guy friends all the time. Guess I'll just have to wait and see. (I still don't like the mode used, though, of persistence and obsession paying off in order to attain one's attention- but that's not specific to Nick TMNT and I do appreciate the comedy it brings).

Though, it will feel odd not to have April/Casey (not that I mind, I'm just so used to them always being there, I don't really think about it).
kolaida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:11 PM   #60
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Stalking someone...oh I'm sorry, shadowing them, is creepy.
ESPECIALLY when that person has, in no uncertain terms, told you to leave them alone.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
april o'neil, donatello