The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Old 08-21-2017, 06:05 PM   #41
Tony Day
Stone Warrior

Very nice sprite work there mate. Is this included in any Mugen pack or is it downloaded separately?
Tony Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 10:56 AM   #42
Halfshell
Stone Warrior

I would give Rocksteady the Belly Bump and Bebop the crowbar as a HP

"Post quickly and fade away into the shadow"
Halfshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 07:22 AM   #43
dcat
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Day View Post
Very nice sprite work there mate. Is this included in any Mugen pack or is it downloaded separately?
When he's done, Bebop will be released as a standalone character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXq3RV25y_Y

Quote:
Also here's a little preview of how Bebop is progressing. I was gonna include annotations but Youtube has disallowed them for reasons...
I go through Bebop's movement and standing crouching and air attacks. So far he's all normals plus the mace ball if Air HP Connects.

Bebop has a forward hop dash instead of a standard running animation, The hop dash can be used as an OTG Jump-in for HP or HK currently.

The running animation from the games is used for his Charging Shoulder Tackle Special (QCB + Any Punch). The Shoulder Tackle is unblockable but Bebop has Blue CLSN on him so he can be hit out of it if your attack has priority of invincibility frames.

Also the opponent can dodge or jump out of the way of the Shoulder Tackle and Bebop will crash into the screen injuring himself -- Bebop only takes damage if he doesn't have an enemy to hit and this self-inflicted wall damage can kill him so gauge your Shoulder Charges wisely.

QCF + Any Punch fires a Tazer Blast
Also there's the Butt Drop Special (QCB + Any Kick).
Any suggestions on where to go from here are welcome, he's very basic at thee moment

I did a match vid against my Leonardo's AI but it's taking forever to upload, expect more later...
dcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 12:54 PM   #44
Halfshell
Stone Warrior

Use the ball n chain as a gotcha grab to pull opponent across the screen to you

Old 09-24-2017, 04:37 PM   #45
dcat
Foot Soldier

Here's an update video of me using Bebop against Leonardo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVEL5eGqbn0
Old 09-27-2017, 04:11 PM   #46
dcat
Foot Soldier

Air Grab

Working on Bebop's Air Grabs now. Been watching a bunch of videos of Android 16 from Dragon Ball Fighter Z, informing a more mobile-grappler sensibility for Bebop going forward combo-ing into/out of grabs. Here's my Air Grab animation, I'll sprite a back breaker knee version as well...

Butt Dance based on Boggy from Global Champion.

This is currently just a winpose but it could be used in an attack animation; maybe Bebop could shoot out his Mace Ball like a yo-yo from his hand positions with this one...

Crossed Arms Cocky Pose is updated. Bebop's mouth now moves, pose looks a bit more natural

I'll have to put a heavy focus on Bebop taunting / smack talking during his attacks, or maybe even saying something silly when he fails to connect or falls on his face. This was one of my favorite parts of Balthazar, Jango and Team Z2 's Hercule/Satan Z2. There so many funny audio clips and sight gags, It'll be tough getting audio for Bebop though. I can't find any clips that are loud enough and in that classic cartoon heavy voice that I like (JB Smoove is a great talent but he doesn't really fit for me here, could be a cool idea for an alternate palette specific voice pack though). I might have to ask if any of you aspiring voice actors out therr in contributor land can do an original Bebop voice specifically for the character? It'd be a great help here... I don't exactly have a script as of yet though.

More to come, stay tuned...
Old 09-30-2017, 07:16 AM   #47
Halfshell
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcat View Post
Air Grab
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...psbwn70htc.gif

Working on Bebop's Air Grabs now. Been watching a bunch of videos of Android 16 from Dragon Ball Fighter Z, informing a more mobile-grappler sensibility for Bebop going forward combo-ing into/out of grabs. Here's my Air Grab animation, I'll sprite a back breaker knee version as well...

Butt Dance based on Boggy from Global Champion.
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...psvnvfoeau.gif
This is currently just a winpose but it could be used in an attack animation; maybe Bebop could shoot out his Mace Ball like a yo-yo from his hand positions with this one...

Crossed Arms Cocky Pose is updated. Bebop's mouth now moves, pose looks a bit more natural
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...psaq0u3nn4.gif http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...psjw9iwf1f.gif

I'll have to put a heavy focus on Bebop taunting / smack talking during his attacks, or maybe even saying something silly when he fails to connect or falls on his face. This was one of my favorite parts of Balthazar, Jango and Team Z2 's Hercule/Satan Z2. There so many funny audio clips and sight gags, It'll be tough getting audio for Bebop though. I can't find any clips that are loud enough and in that classic cartoon heavy voice that I like (JB Smoove is a great talent but he doesn't really fit for me here, could be a cool idea for an alternate palette specific voice pack though). I might have to ask if any of you aspiring voice actors out therr in contributor land can do an original Bebop voice specifically for the character? It'd be a great help here... I don't exactly have a script as of yet though.

More to come, stay tuned...
Get the audio i posted?

Old 10-03-2017, 02:58 PM   #48
dcat
Foot Soldier

Yes! I got your audio unfortunately the clips were too quiet to effectively use in the character as is. Thank you for the in-depth episode source suggestions though, I've submitted this request on the MUGEN guild forums using your episode guides and I'm waiting to hear back on if someone there can get a higher quality audio rip of the clips you uploaded. Thanks a bunch Halfshell, sorry for the late response.

I've been busy trying to chip away at some more Bebop animations.

Updated and enlarged Bebop's classic taunt frames

Made a Sliding Mace Ball Attack, this'll be one of Bebop's dash-in Light Punch at the moment.

Got this Grab Walking animation based on Boris from Violent Storm -- my alignment sucks on this one...

And a Back-Breaker Knee Option for his throws.

I've added Impact Crater explods to several of Bebop's moves, Ground Bounce Launcher, Suplex etc...

I've also coded the hit properties of Butt Drop Special so that now Bebop lands on the opponent's face. Fun stuff here.

---------------------------------
I've been checking out a few more Grappler type characters like Illusionista's Killer Croc and Red Cyclone as well as the Slam Masters characters. Tons of innovative stuff here, great mechanics.

Trying to get a play-style with Bebop where he can combo into his throw attacks that feels intuitive but familiar enough so the button layout is becoming an issue here, Also I don't really like the idea of your momentum halting entirely during throws so we'll see.

Last edited by dcat; 10-03-2017 at 03:03 PM.
Old 10-06-2017, 12:21 AM   #49
dcat
Foot Soldier

I've coded a command grab move (QCB+ Heavy Punch & Heavy Kick buttons), that launches P2 into the air for followups based off of SeanAltly & ReddBrink's Mike Haggar character.
Bebop lunges forward and flings 'em up into the air, he can follow up with an air combo, or hop up and do an air grab after.

------------------
Spent all day beginning true color separation, its a grueling process but I'm making headway at the end of day one.
Nose ring, necklace, bracelets, belt, teeth, and gun will all be uniquely indexed once I get done, but midway through it right now & the results are already pretty great.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:55 PM   #50
dcat
Foot Soldier

Okay so I've got a new update with Bebop
Recorded a video that showcases his command Grab system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99tv1YR09cE

Quote:
(Hold Back/Forward with Any Punch + Kick Button simultaneously to do a command grab). This allows Bebop to combo into his grapple attacks, and you can choose on the fly which throw and which direction to fling the opponent.

After command Grab connects press and hold a direction to get a cool move!

On The Ground :

FWD = Suplex
BACK =Wall Toss -- can combo
DOWN = BUTT BOUNCE
UP/No Direction = LAUNCHER THROW -- Opponent takes damage if he hits the ground after he is launched.

In The Air:
FWD = KNEE BREAKER
BACK= BACK BREAKER
UP = SPINNING PILE DRIVER
Old 11-02-2017, 04:56 PM   #51
dcat
Foot Soldier

Sprited a new winpose for Bebop

Also a Head Crush Grapple attack animation

I also sprited a new Standing Shooting Animation

The new command for the Tazer Blast is now simply Heavy Punch button, similar to Cable from MvC2. I'm not sure If I should also make this a Rapid Fire attack just like Cable had the 4 chainable shots. Right now you can only shoot once.
The new command for the gun attack changes the Belly bump command; it is now Back + HP. I'm not sure yet on whether I should switch these.

I've also been working on improving the dash-hop states to make attacks flow a bit more smoothly.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:23 PM   #52
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Love how Bebop fixes that jacket in the new win pose!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 01:07 PM   #53
Halfshell
Stone Warrior

If no one's able to make the sounds louder, I'm sure I can boost up the sounds. I just dunno the sound spike rate or scale (how loud its supposed to be)

Old 11-12-2017, 06:39 PM   #54
dcat
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfshell View Post
If no one's able to make the sounds louder, I'm sure I can boost up the sounds. I just dunno the sound spike rate or scale (how loud its supposed to be)
@Halfshell: That's okay your sourcing on the episode locations was enough. A user on MugenGuild Forum said he'd get some rips for me on that front.
If you have any audio of the new Nickelodeon Bebop played by J.B. Smoove that'd be much appreciated though. I'm thinking about including it as an alternate option based on the color palette

---------------
Okay I've been busy working on Bebop's Tazer Blast attacks. This has been remapped from a Fireball Motion special to the Heavy Punch Button ala MVC2 Cable. There is a ground version and an Air version that aims down diagonally plus a Dashing Forward + HP version where Bebop leaps forward and shoots forward in midair. Whenever Bebop shoots his Blaster while in the air the recoil will push him back a bit before landing.
Standing Tazer Shots can be chained 3 times consecutively.

Here's a couple screenshots

Also I've added the Tazer Blast Muzzle Flash colors to the palette so you can have palette specific bullets or lasers

SHOOT On The Ground/ SHOOT after DASH/ SHOOT in AIR

Also improved the Jumping Light Punch animation to this cheeky Short Elbow pose- adds much more personality

I'll make a new combo video shortly to show off the new possibilities here. @altoiddealer or anyone else out here that's got any Bebop audio, if you have those sound rips I'd love to get my hands on them right about now, Bebop is still scary quiet without 'em.

More to come, folks
Old 11-15-2017, 02:12 PM   #55
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Wow, you're doing great! Maybe you should slow down those GIFs a bit so that we can appreciate every frame.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 08:07 PM   #56
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
Wow, you're doing great! Maybe you should slow down those GIFs a bit so that we can appreciate every frame.
If you download the freeware Fighter Factory Ultimate program, you can look at each sprite in detail.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 09:32 PM   #57
dcat
Foot Soldier

I've been trying to implement a lot of the feedback from Beta testers the past short bit of time now. Thanks for your suggestions guys here's what I've been up to lately:

=====================================
UPDATE 11/24/2017
=========================

-Updated Color Palettes
-Changed SHOULDER CHARGE special command to (QCF + Any Punch While Standing)
- Removed initial Gun Butt HitDef from STANDING TAZER SHOT (Heavy Punch button now solely fires the Gun)
- Added Pushback recoil from STANDING TAZER SHOTS (Heavy Punch Button While On the Ground)
- Lessened Pushback recoil from AIR TAZER SHOT (Heavy Punch Button or Back + HP While in the Air)
-Remapped AIR LIGHT KICK and AIR MEDIUM KICK animations, updated HitDef Properties for both
-Changed AIR HANDCLAP Command to MP,MP or Down + MP or Forward + MP or QCF +MP (While in the Air)
-Limited AIR ELBOW DROP to Once per Combo String (Press Down + HP While in the Air), Bebop now fires an AIR TAZER SHOT on 2nd Attempt
-Added Gun Cocking Noise to TAZER SHOTS
-Improved Air Combo Chaining for AIR TAZER SHOT (HP While in the Air)
-Added Follow-Up Attack to AIR LIGHT PUNCH (Press LP, LP While in the Air for a new Animation)
>>

-Replaced Dashing Light Punch animation with new GUN SWIPE Attack (Forward, Forward + LP)
-Added GUN SWIPE to Combo Ender, after 2 Normal Light Punches Connect (Standing LP, LP, LP or Dash Forward + LP), you can follow-up after GUN SWIPE with a launcher combo or by shooting some long range TAZER SHOTS depending on distance Bebop is from the corner

-Added HEADCRUSH as a command Normal (Back + LP or QCB+ LP While Standing) Like Alex's Heavy Punch from Street Fighter 3

-Added Classic Bebop Uppercut from the Arcade game as well, this one splats P2 on the wall (Back + MP or QCB+ MP While Standing)

-Limited BELLY BUMP (Back + HP) to Once per Combo String, 2nd Attempt will yield PORKSCREW CLOTHESLINE attack (Press Back + HP or QCB + HP after Belly Bump Connects & Bebop will jump into the Air to bring the Wall-Bounced Enemy to the Turf)

-I tried my hand at spriting an animated Idle stance. I'm no good at this but Bebop looks less catatonic now, still really choppy though

-And to cap it all off I've added simple SUPER ARMOR to Bebop as well! (This is one-hit stun like Hulk from MvC and Bebop still takes 100% of the damage value inflicted on him, also Bebop can still be put into custom states and grabbed if your attack negates his armor or you combo into him). Trust me, it makes his grapple gameplay more suspenseful and fun. Well placed command grabs can bully right through the enemy's successful attack leveling the playing field against speedier opponents like Shredder!

stay tuned
Old 11-25-2017, 04:54 AM   #58
dcat
Foot Soldier

Okay, I took another crack at the idle stance, its a bit smoother now.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 12-08-2017, 06:55 AM   #59
dcat
Foot Soldier

fixed the idle stance :

UPDATE 12/7/2017
====================
--Coded TMNT 1 ARCADE INTRO [StateDef 1910]
-Coded SHOULDER CHARGE INTRO [StateDef 1989]
-Added FX To HOG'S HEAD Command Normal ( While Standing : Back + LP or QCB + LP)
-Can Now Combo into Standing HK from HOG'S HEAD
-Resprited Wall Splat Sprite
-Changed Jumping Heavy Kick to only knockdown Bebop if it connects while P2 is in the Air
- FWD / BACK Directions during COMMAND GRAB now control the direction of wall toss
-Added TAZER SHOTT HITSPARK colors to the color palette
-Updated Palettes
Old 01-04-2018, 03:41 AM   #60
dcat
Foot Soldier

-Sprited and coded GERBERMARK Special attack: A Standing Close Knife Attack that connects instead of TAZER BLAST if you press the gun button while close to the enemy, similar to Metal Slug Series

- Also sprited a CHAIN LASH attack. I'm thinking this one could be a super grab deal where Bebop wraps the chain around the opponent and slams em.

Also planning to have Bebop put his chainsaw on the chain like he does in the comics
Spoiler:

Tags
bebop, mugen, sprites