The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 02-21-2016, 11:59 PM   #1
Coola Yagami
Overlord

So WHAT exactly will Shredder do in this movie?

When I really think about it now.... what exactly will Shredder do in this movie besides threaten Baxter, human Bebop and Sheamus, and/or possibly April and Vernon?

Like it or not, in BayWorld Continuity, Shredder used a friggin Transformer as his battle armor before, and in a certain way it made sense given how friggin huge the Turtles are in this warped version of the franchise. Now, this movie seems to be a bit more accurate and depict Shredder as a regular ninja guy with the bladed armor. But the problem is the Turtles are still Hulks.

I know this is early to tell just from trailers, but it seems to me most of the fighting will be against random nameless Foot Ninja, Bebop and Sheamus and Krang as the boss fight, and possibly them trying to blow up the Technodrome.

Where does that leave Shredder though, in terms of actual battle? And given that all he has are little blades to stand against the giant sized turtles, what can he possibly do? Any one of them can punch his damn head off, and his blades would probably snap in half if he tried to slice one of them. Sure, I'm sure he's a good fighter, but a giant robot swinging several blades of death has more force and impact that just a regular guy swinging a sword around that will mean jack **** to the four brick walls he's up against.

So.... that said, will Shredder just be standing around ordering his minions to attack and wave his blades around to scare April... not unlike the Secret of the Ooze? I can just imagine Shredder being reduced to standing there yelling 'GET THEM!!!'.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 12:00 AM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

He'll fight the turtles again.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 12:02 AM   #3
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
He'll fight the turtles again.
For all of 2 seconds before one them punches him halfway across the room and through a brick wall or two?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 02-22-2016, 02:11 AM   #4
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Shredder can't harm the Turtles without his exoskeleton that was fashioned from a dead decepticon.

So B&R is going to be his way of fighting the Turtles, and then Shredder is going to use his ninja diplomacy skills to convince Kra(a)ng that the Turtles need to be unalived.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 03:59 AM   #5
DioLeo451
Hench Mutant

Be intimidating
Give orders
Fight the turtles (and probably lose)
can't think of much else
DioLeo451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 06:37 AM   #6
Shark_Blade
Emperor

That's why he has Bebop & Rocksteady now..

As Shredder in Secret of the Ooze would say... "freaks against freaks" (or something of that nature I guess?)
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 08:51 AM   #7
slingtheory
Stone Warrior

Yeah I'd say they've painted themselves into a corner with this one. With out his gundum suit shredders either going to have be as completely useless as karai was in the last one or they'll have to find some bs way to power him up. We already know more mutagen is in play so if anything they'll probably just have him get mutated into super shredder again because screw originality.
slingtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 09:01 AM   #8
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

He'll probably call them amphibians. And make turtle soup comments.
Old 02-22-2016, 10:17 AM   #9
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingtheory View Post
Yeah I'd say they've painted themselves into a corner with this one. With out his gundum suit shredders either going to have be as completely useless as karai was in the last one or they'll have to find some bs way to power him up. We already know more mutagen is in play so if anything they'll probably just have him get mutated into super shredder again because screw originality.
I agree. They should've started off with Shredder having his traditional armor in the first one and then get his transformer upgrade from Krang in the next one. It would've made more sense but there isn't much about these movies that makes sense.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 11:56 AM   #10
ScrewtheMirageTMNT
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingtheory View Post
Eh, why not? It would make up for the disappointing fight between super shredder and the turtles in teenage mutant ninja turtles 2.
ScrewtheMirageTMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 12:27 PM   #11
sethmartin
Stone Warrior

Well, he didn't fight the turtles in SOTO. Just gave orders and worked with the poor man's Baxter to create the mutants. I imagine this version will be similar. Maybe we'll get a fight, but I think the big fight will be Krang at the end.
Old 02-22-2016, 12:50 PM   #12
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
I agree. They should've started off with Shredder having his traditional armor in the first one and then get his transformer upgrade from Krang in the next one. It would've made more sense but there isn't much about these movies that makes sense.
Most of the problem lies with the turtles themselves. They didn't need to be so ****ing giant sized. They're so changed up that they're forced to change their main villain (Transformer suit) to compensate.

Hell, Casey Jones himself is gonna be a weak-ass punk too unless he's fighting the Foot Ninja. Or maybe he'll fight Shredder or Karai. Which bites because he shouldn't be able to win against either. And definitely don't make him beat Bebop, Sheamus or Krang....

Old 02-22-2016, 02:09 PM   #13
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Most of the problem lies with the turtles themselves. They didn't need to be so ****ing giant sized. They're so changed up that they're forced to change their main villain (Transformer suit) to compensate.

Hell, Casey Jones himself is gonna be a weak-ass punk too unless he's fighting the Foot Ninja. Or maybe he'll fight Shredder or Karai. Which bites because he shouldn't be able to win against either. And definitely don't make him beat Bebop, Sheamus or Krang....
That's a good point. One of the bigger problems among many.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 02:37 PM   #14
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Business meetings with aliens and his own people/associates.

Although it just occurred to me that Karai made it out okay from the subway fight with the Turtles, but Shredder needed a Transformer robot suit.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 02:53 PM   #15
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

General Krang, Foot Inc would like to investigate this potential merger with Technodrome Limited, but we need to go over a few details first...

How do you feel about dental plans for human/mutant hybrids?
Old 02-22-2016, 03:36 PM   #16
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Maybe the Krang suit we saw in the trailers is actually Shredder?

And hey, if Batman can block a punch from Superman, I'm sure Shredder can have armour that does the same nonsense. Or maybe use that electric-magnetic voodoo he used the first time around.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 05:52 PM   #17
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Maybe the Krang suit we saw in the trailers is actually Shredder?

And hey, if Batman can block a punch from Superman, I'm sure Shredder can have armour that does the same nonsense. Or maybe use that electric-magnetic voodoo he used the first time around.
Except he's not using that CGI-mess suit anymore.... so....

Old 02-22-2016, 07:13 PM   #18
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Be bland and uninteresting probably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 06:13 AM   #19
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

I'm saying he might be inside the Krang suit OR we haven't seen him put on his giant blades yet, like the toy previews.

Basically they can do whatever they want and write it off to "advanced tech" in his blades that can block hulk-like punches. Having an entire transformer suit is just unnecessary.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 06:32 AM   #20
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Be bland and uninteresting probably.
Doubt it. Brian is fantastic. Last thing he should be is bland. But you never know could be wrong but Brian is most definitely not bland or uninteresting

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote