The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-27-2019, 10:06 PM   #41
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I thought for sure Two-Face survived TDK. No way he died in that 15 foot drop.
Please submit all the evidence of all the 15+-foot drops onto concrete YOU've walked away from, pally.

That was a pretty high tackle he got hit with; given the angle, I'm fairly certain Harvey landed on his head/neck, which from that height would easily cause either a skull fracture or broken neck, depending on what hit first. Bruce was wearing body armor, and landed on top of him, so that kind of gives him some leeway for survival, but Harvey wouldn't have made it.

I mean, in any non-Christopher Nolan action movie, then yes, people generally can survive a fall from any height as long as they don't land on rocks or pointy things. But generally speaking, any unprotected fall higher than about 5 feet off the ground can potentially be fatal.

Y'know, just sayin'. But yeah, I think Nolan just kinda ran out of movie and had to scramble for an ending.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 04:19 AM   #42
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

a 10 feet fall can fracture your spine, so 15' can be deadly if you fall on your head, shoulder or injury your cervical vertebrae. But had he landed on the side or any other position, he'd most likely survived in real life where a script don't demand a cheap cop-out death.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 08:33 AM   #43
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Let's not forget Harvey wasn't taking any meds or antibiotics for all his lovely exposed third-degree burns.

I'll take a quick fall over a lingering death by massive infection, thank you very much.
Old 03-01-2019, 12:16 AM   #44
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

OK, OK. But you can't watch that movie and tell me that "death" wasn't played super vaguely. Like, they wanted to leave themselves an out in case they wanted him again.

Nolan makes no bones about having no idea where they would go in any sequel to 1 or 2 at either's completion.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 11:00 AM   #45
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
OK, OK. But you can't watch that movie and tell me that "death" wasn't played super vaguely. Like, they wanted to leave themselves an out in case they wanted him again.

Nolan makes no bones about having no idea where they would go in any sequel to 1 or 2 at either's completion.
You're absolutely right about that.

He could've easily been resurrected or resuscitated in the threequel.
Old 03-01-2019, 09:56 PM   #46
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:

Yeah, I literally walked out of the theater expecting that whole bit to just be set-up for Harvey's big return in Part 3. I loved what they did with Two-Face, but it was so perfect that I never in a million years thought they'd "waste" it by only having him be "Two-Face" for ten minutes and then killing him. Years later, I get why they did what they did, but I think that they fell so in love with their version of the Joker that they didn't fully realize what they also had with Harvey. Both of those villains were perfectly-played, but sometimes people are like, "Oh, YEAH, he was also in that movie" because Heath was so overpowering of everything else. If they had a Mulligan, I think they would have kept Two-Face around.

One of the producers was telling the press at the Dark Knight premiere that he wanted to showcase Johnny Depp as The Riddler and Philip Seymour Hoffman as The Penguin in the third film. Just to illustrate that nobody at WB has ever been able to actually plan more than five minutes ahead and then execute.

Old 03-02-2019, 02:49 AM   #47
Sumac
Banned

Completely agree about Two-Face - a very good take on the character has been completely wasted.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 03:55 AM   #48
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I seem to remember some interviews citing stuff about Nolan having tentative plans for Joker in part 3... perhaps those plans were tied at the hip to Two-Face, and when Ledger died and the idea of recasting Joker became not a good idea, the Two-Face side of the equation went away or "What if Two-Face's death factors into this whole other story we could tell?"

But otherwise ideas they wouldn't have had, had they not had to figure out how to make a Joker-less part 3.
Old 03-02-2019, 09:38 AM   #49
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
I seem to remember some interviews citing stuff about Nolan having tentative plans for Joker in part 3... perhaps those plans were tied at the hip to Two-Face, and when Ledger died and the idea of recasting Joker became not a good idea, the Two-Face side of the equation went away or "What if Two-Face's death factors into this whole other story we could tell?"
Yeah, I remember something like that.

Ledger's death certainly messed up their plans for the next part.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 11:55 AM   #50
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Andrew is correct. The Dark Knight Rises script had a first draft at the time of Ledger's death and Joker was supposed to be on trial after the events of the Dark Knight and he opposed to Sal Maroni was to splash the acid in Harvey's face and quote, "you either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain" and laugh his way into a solitary cell right afterward. I believe it was all rough plans just like how it was not always set for The Joker to appear as the main villain of The Dark Knight even though the Joker card was shown in the last scene of Batman Begins. I remember rumors of The Penguin having a role alongside Two Face instead of The Joker. There was also the fact the studio wanted The Riddler instead of Bane in The Dark Knight Rises.

Instead we got Bane removed from the grunting stooge to being a philosophical stooge.

I was looking forward to the idea of seeing Black Mask and Mr. Zsasz as the villains of a film,but if Barbara Gordon is not in it, my heart is not into seeing the Brids of Prey film.

Sorry to see Will not reprise his role. He won me over even if he was playing a white character and Will Smith portraying Will Smith. I do wonder what the lineup of the film will be. What notable non-Bat Rogues can be involved?

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 03-02-2019 at 04:11 PM.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 04:15 PM   #51
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

lol... they're going to recast Deadshot with Idris Elba?

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/suici...Jrq0l9ZDZkOwhc
Old 03-06-2019, 06:09 PM   #52
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
lol... they're going to recast Deadshot with Idris Elba?

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/suici...Jrq0l9ZDZkOwhc
I like Idris, but I'm calling BS on this one.
Old 03-06-2019, 06:36 PM   #53
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I like Idris, but I'm calling BS on this one.
The core article is the Hollywood Reporter.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...sequel-1191349
Old 03-06-2019, 06:51 PM   #54
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
The core article is the Hollywood Reporter.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...sequel-1191349
Remind me how their track record is? Is this for real?
Old 03-06-2019, 08:49 PM   #55
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Remind me how their track record is? Is this for real?
Fairly reputable, I guess. About like Deadline.

Also, Joel Kinnaman is out.

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/03/07/...-not-returning
Old 03-07-2019, 01:54 AM   #56
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:

I got into an argument after seeing that movie because I didn't think Two-Face was dead. It wasn't obvious - I guess because Batman was OK after the same fall, and Nolan set up a world where you can fall from a ten story building, land on a car with another human being on top of you and walk away with nothing more than a grunt of discomfort and a pained expression on your face.
Old 03-07-2019, 02:15 AM   #57
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProactiveMan View Post
I got into an argument after seeing that movie because I didn't think Two-Face was dead. It wasn't obvious - I guess because Batman was OK after the same fall, and Nolan set up a world where you can fall from a ten story building, land on a car with another human being on top of you and walk away with nothing more than a grunt of discomfort and a pained expression on your face.
Yeah, there's a LOT of bullsh*t and nonsense in those movies, in spite of how beloved they are. I love 'em myself - except about 75% of "Rises" - but I maintain that only the first one was "great", while the second and third were mostly carried by stellar acting that made a person overlook the numerous holes in the narrative and general "WTF-ery".

And even the first one has the infamous early scene at the League compound. "I refuse to kill! I'm no executioner!" ((Burns an entire building full of people to the ground, INCLUDING the person he refused to kill, to fully make his point about not killing ))

Great movies, but man, anyone who thinks they're flawless hasn't actually sat down and watched 'em in a while. I gushed over each of them individually when they were fresh, but I've seen them all so many times by now that the bad parts are REALLY bad, in contrast to how good the Really Good parts are. Thankfully, the good outweighs the bad.

I also think Nolan shouldn't even attempt shooting fight scenes. The stuff in "Begins" that was all shot in close and obscured in shadow was clever, and worked to fit the tone AND hide the director's weaknesses in shooting action that's in motion; by the third one an entire army of bad guys are swooping in one at a time like Black Pajama Ninjas and falling down from strikes that missed by three feet. Total farce. Should've given those shots to someone else. The bad fight scenes really hurt the third one; they did an alright job of shooting around it in the first two.

Last edited by Leo656; 03-07-2019 at 02:24 AM.
Old 03-07-2019, 12:33 PM   #58
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

New Squad Members (Subject to Change A rewrite could, of course, change things, so keep in mind that none of this is confirmed, it’s just what we’re hearing from sources right now.)

King Shark

Polka Dot Man

Ratcatcher

Peacemaker( Gunn wants Bautista to play him)

http://collider.com/suicide-squad-2-...twitter#images
Old 03-07-2019, 01:52 PM   #59
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
New Squad Members (Subject to Change A rewrite could, of course, change things, so keep in mind that none of this is confirmed, it’s just what we’re hearing from sources right now.)

King Shark

Polka Dot Man

Ratcatcher

Peacemaker( Gunn wants Bautista to play him)

http://collider.com/suicide-squad-2-...twitter#images
Boy I hope that turns out to be BS. No Ratcatcher or Polka Dot Man, thank you very much.

The others, though... King Shark and Peacemaker? Those could work.
Old 03-08-2019, 09:55 AM   #60
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I was thinking about this in traffic this morning, and I think a smart strategy would be to leverage the villains of heroes who aren't going to be in movies for awhile.

Does anyone expect a Man of Steel 2 in their lifetime? Me neither. So how about Metallo for the Suicide Squad?

That Flash movie is gonna stay in Development Hell forever. So bring in Killer Frost and Pied Piper.

Ben Affleck's Batman movie is officially dead (and has been for awhile). So bring in Joe Manganiello's Deathstroke.

Green Lantern will never, ever get a movie. So Tattooed Man.

And nobody's likely to reuse any previous Batman movie's villians, so how about Scarecrow, Bane, and Poison Ivy (who would transition to a Harley Quinn movie, no doubt)?