The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 10-23-2021, 01:49 PM   #61
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Then they don't belong on a movie set where they can possibly end up in the hands of untrained civilians. That's how accidents happen. Boom.
Exxaacccctttlllyyy........
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 01:58 PM   #62
joe-eyeball
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Then they don't belong on a movie set where they can possibly end up in the hands of untrained civilians. That's how accidents happen. Boom.
I don’t necessarily agree with all if this! They can be on sets when all safety measures are followed to the letter then it is almost impossible for a tragedy to occur. I mean an enormous deal is going to be made about this because of the star involved and a gun was used to kill. But let’s be real, stunt accidents (mostly falls) happen many times a year where film performers are killed and nobody makes a big stink! Bottom line is someone deliberately put live ammo in a gun and the worst possible outcome occurred because multiple important rules to firearms safety were broken!
joe-eyeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 08:35 PM   #63
Leo656
The Franchise

I can't stand most of Alec Baldwin's political opinions but I'm not inclined to try and politicize this situation. That's trashy. I'm aware he's said lots of dumb sh*t. Lots of people say dumb sh*t. He's still a person, and so is the girl who's dead.

Saying he somehow "earned" or "deserved" this because he's an outspoken Liberal is... well, garbage. Sorry. That's just plain one of the dumbest things I've ever heard in my life.

And it's pretty weird to compare on-set fall accidents to on-set gun accidents. Point of fact, you generally get a little more room for error with the former than the latter. People accidentally get stabbed on movie sets, too - infamously, my boy Kevin Nash (aka SUPER SHREDDER!) got stabbed in the chest with a real knife while filming "The Punisher" when someone accidentally forgot to swap it for the prop knife... and like a boss, he didn't even sell it until they yelled "Cut", because Kevin is a god amongst ants. BUT, again, more room for error with a knife mishap. If it had been another gun mishap, he'd be dead. So it's apples and oranges. Yes, accidents happen. The thing about gun accidents on a movie or TV set is, they're 100% preventable. Just don't have real guns there. Now your entire problem goes away in one fell swoop.

Y'know how rare it is to actually have a problem with a 100% effective safety solution? And now we have a case where we have one, and some people just plain don't think it's worth it because "sometimes other bad stuff happens too." That's f*cking weird, man.

I have no problem with guns. They admittedly make me nervous, I held one exactly once and didn't especially care for it, and it wasn't even loaded. It doesn't help that I'm kind of a sociopath, and multiple systems are in place in order to keep people like me, specifically, from ever getting my hands on one. And honestly that's probably a good thing. But I don't have any problem with them. I've often advocated loudly for people's basic right to own, carry and operate one, so long as they're properly trained to do so. I know multiple people who you'd call "responsible gun owners", and there's nothing they disdain more than IRRESPONSIBLE gun owners/users, on account of those people ruin things for everyone else with their carelessness. When people say things like, "We need to get rid of all the guns!", I always, always say "Nah, we really don't."

BUT. They have no reasonable place around people who are just playing make-believe.

Apparently, more and more people in Hollywood agree with me on that.
https://www.insider.com/the-boys-sho...aldwin-2021-10

Now, I think I get where some folks of the more conservative persuasion are coming from. They're nervous all of a sudden because they think the Left is going to use this as one more opportunity to rally and say "We're comin' for yer guns!" and now that the Democrats have a majority they're actually in a position to try it. I hear you. That's probably what they will try and do, and it's unfortunate. It's unfortunate that a situation that really shouldn't be political, is immediately becoming political for multiple reasons.

But it's not a political issue, or rather it shouldn't be. It's a "Someone shouldn't have been a f*cking dumbass" issue. Even if you're of the opinion that real guns belong on a movie or TV set, multiple basic gun safety protocols were ignored and then this sh*t happened. And I don't think any sane person - Right or Left - would honestly try and argue that adherence to basic f*cking gun safety protocols is somehow a BAD thing.

But since people apparently CAN'T be bothered to adhere to basic f*cking safety protocols on a movie set, and something like this happening even ONE time is way too many times, then the alternative solution immediately presents itself: Just Use F*cking Fake F*cking Guns, For F*ck's F*cking Sake.

And if someone thinks this whole thing isn't gonna screw with Baldwin's head, or that he's not gonna be bothered by this situation for the rest of his life, you're nuts. He might be a Loony Leftie, but I'm pretty sure he also still has a human soul and a conscience. Even though it's NOT directly his fault, he has to live the rest of his life knowing that accidentally or otherwise, someone's wife and mother is no longer on this Earth because of something he did. That's a heavy cross to bear.

I've never killed anyone, accidentally or otherwise. But full disclosure, a few times I came really, really close. It's not a fun thing to think about or remember, and my only real "comfort" when I think about it is, "At least you didn't." But if I had? Jesus. I don't even wanna think about it. That kind of thing can, has, and does, screw a person up for life.

I don't know man. I'm a little bit shocked by the complete lack of compassion some people are showing in light of this situation. I'm not checking who they're registered to vote for, I'm looking at the people in this situation like human beings, nothing more. And this sh*t is f*cked up. It's f*cked up enough without bringing that sh*t into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Did it go through the cinematographer and hit the director...?
Yes, apparently. One of the articles I linked to earlier goes into it in some detail but I can't remember which one of the top of my head. But yeah, it hit her, passed through, hit the other person.

Like something you'd see in a movie. Boy, if that's not some dark irony right there I don't know what is.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 08:48 PM   #64
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I 100% agree with Leo on that. However, you just know if this happened to, say, James Woods on a set... you'd have 1,000s of people on the left saying just that.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 08:59 PM   #65
Leo656
The Franchise

Yeah, people are sh*tty and getting more sh*tty all the time.

I look back to when I was young, and I just have this really strong feeling that if this had happened Then... MOST people would just be looking at it like "Jesus, what a f*cking tragedy. Those poor people." And that's all.

We're so divided now that everything has to be this insidious political agenda... thing. It's sick.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 05:34 PM   #66
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

So apparently "prop" literally just means "property of the theatre", and that's it. Not like fake or whatever people have taken it to mean.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 07:06 PM   #67
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
So apparently "prop" literally just means "property of the theatre", and that's it. Not like fake or whatever people have taken it to mean.
-meh-

Nevermind.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 10:52 AM   #68
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I don't think the theatre can legally own actual firearms. Pretty sure you can't go into the gun store and say, "No no, it's not for me and you don't need to run my FBI information. It's in the name of the theatre."
Old 10-25-2021, 03:21 PM   #69
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Legally, all props are owned by whomever owns the production company, or the prop supply company that is being used to provide them. So they would the the responsibility of that party. Ie, is it's an independent prop provider, the guns would belong to the owner of that company, if it's in-house of the production company, they would own and be responsible for them.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 04:47 AM   #70
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Yeah, it's the entimology of the word. In the same way that "fan" derived from "fanatic". Actor Michael Sheard (RIP) never liked the term "fan" because of that, and always used different terms to describe people who liked his work.
Old 10-26-2021, 08:12 AM   #71
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Stupid. And now Baldwin's gonna have this on his conscience for the rest of his life. It's not his fault, but still. He technically killed the person. That's heavy sh*t to live with.
It kinda is his fault though... He is ultimately responsible for checking the firearm. If someone hands me a firearm, first thing I do is make sure its clear/empty & i still don't point it at anything or anyone I don't want to put holes into... He SHOULD have checked it before using it for the scene and he should have definitely made sure not to point it where people were standing or directly at anyone. Add in all the comment the deceased and other people on the film made weeks prior about the u safe working conditions & other "prop" gun problems. He should be charged and so should anyone else that handled the firearm on set prior to its use for that scene. Too bad he had to learn the hard way... except I'm sure its legit just another excuse/sacrifice by the lunatic left to try to ban firearms... (already seeing leftists post about it...)
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 08:17 AM   #72
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Prop guns are prop in name only. They're still legit firearms. Everything still works like any other firearm unless its been disabled by whoever bought it. The ammo is usually "blanks" meaning no projectile, however they're still dangerous/deadly. Some movies use real ammo, or full loads because blanks tend to jam. Not enough powder can make the firearm not cycle fully and thus not eject the casing.

Baldwin should have made sure the firearm was properly loaded or unloaded & not pointed the firearm at anyone. No one that didn't need to be on set should have been around & safety equipment should have been in place. They make bulletproof walls & barricades that can be used to hide behind and/or protect cameras, equipment & you know, people...
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 09:51 AM   #73
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

There's been a comparison made back to Dick Cheney. Years ago he went off hunting and accidentally shot his friend and suddenly, because Dick Cheney was on the right, there was tons of comedy sketches on SNL and jokes all over the talk shows and pop culture. I remember it. You couldn't avoid that kind of stuff for a while. Now, when Alec Baldwin does it? Dead silence and heartfelt sympathies along with a push for greater gun control (in Hollywood).
Old 10-26-2021, 12:19 PM   #74
joe-eyeball
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
There's been a comparison made back to Dick Cheney. Years ago he went off hunting and accidentally shot his friend and suddenly, because Dick Cheney was on the right, there was tons of comedy sketches on SNL and jokes all over the talk shows and pop culture. I remember it. You couldn't avoid that kind of stuff for a while. Now, when Alec Baldwin does it? Dead silence and heartfelt sympathies along with a push for greater gun control (in Hollywood).
I hear ya but the big difference here is Cheney’s friend even though seriously injured didn’t die. And also the left is horribly hypocritical
joe-eyeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 02:38 PM   #75
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

The only way Baldwin is "at fault" is because he's also a producer and if corners are being cut, he's one of the people who is making those decisions. He's not a gun expert and there are checks that go into how guns are handled on set. His role is to take the gun and use it as directed by those who do. Now if those who do were less experienced in attempt to save money, then he is responsible as a producer.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 02:52 PM   #76
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
It kinda is his fault though... He is ultimately responsible for checking the firearm. If someone hands me a firearm, first thing I do is make sure its clear/empty & i still don't point it at anything or anyone I don't want to put holes into... He SHOULD have checked it before using it for the scene and he should have definitely made sure not to point it where people were standing or directly at anyone.
It's a film set, he's just an actor, there are literally people there whose job it is perform those duties, to ensure the safety, know what is or isn't in it, work with actors on performing with the "prop," and tell him how to stand, where to aim, etc...

The person who handed it to him should have already gone through all those checks.

That said, I heard in passing that he may have been practicing drawing it at the time this happened? Why the heck was anything even in it if he was just rehearsing the movements.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 03:38 PM   #77
Iroh
Hench Mutant

This reminds me of the Brandon Lee incident all over again. Sad stuff.
Old 10-26-2021, 04:57 PM   #78
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I hope this doesn't delay the movie.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 05:10 PM   #79
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I hope this doesn't delay the movie.
I doubt this film will ever be released.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 06:09 PM   #80
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I doubt this film will ever be released.
It will get delayed more then anything, In the past there been horrific accidents that happen during filming, And those films still got released.