The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-22-2020, 01:24 PM   #21
sdp
Megan Fox = April

We NEED a Captain Planet reboot, Captain Planet was never about an awesome superhero but about finding a way to make earth's problem's relatable. Counting how the earth is going now, it failed for the most part.We need to inspire a new generation, it's a necessity.

Here you can find my full thoughts on what a Captain Planet reboot should be. But it has to be a sequel series, not a reboot, have a new generation of planeteers after the original obviously failed to change the minds of people.

More ecology, relatable villains, less "we win", more morals, less social justice, it needs to keep its focus on being ecological, not political. Call it the Planeteers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Now, I never watched Captain Planet and have only seen reviews for it...

But by god it probably could be handled a lot more tastefully. There are topics that are hard to talk about, but they still need to be talked about.
If you never watched it then you clearly don't understand what Captain Planet was trying to convey. It did a great job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Knowing our luck, they'd get Greta Thunberg to voice Gaia
She'd be an amazing person to voice someone, the original was also full of celebrities or pro environment people to help get the message across, great choice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja-zero View Post
Who wants a female Australian as the sixth Planeteer? Plus with the ring of thunder & lightning!

I don’t know about the Eco-Villains yet.

But how would you all picture an Aussie planeteer fit in?
I'm not sure about a sixth ring, it would depend. No Aussie planeteer, they need to keep planeteers as ambiguous as they can when related to where they're from so everyone in the world can feel represented. The original kind of did this as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle1237 View Post
Knowing how there going to "Reboot" the thing, there just going to make other Teen Titans Go clone.
I'm not sure how much creative control the Captain Planet Foundation has over the character but hopefully they can turn something like this down, they definitely have some control based on the interviews I read from how the show was handled.. Sadly since Ted Turner is out of the picture something like Captain Planet might never happen again, it was a passion project of his.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
I never understood why they didn't call Captain Planet the moment something was up. The guy solved every problem in 5 minutes.
The show was meant to give us the message the power is "ours" to make the change, Captain Planet was only called when something that wouldn't really happen in the real world like a giant trash machine parading in the city, or to fix problems that in the real world can't be fixed, to give us hope, but everything that a real person could do was always portrayed by the planeteers. You can see this when interviewing the creator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
If Captain Planet is rebooted, he needs a serious character change (origin story, strength and weaknesses). The Planeteers are easier to relate too, but Captain Planet himself just came out of nowhere.
The explanation on the first episode is good enough, we don't get that technical with Marvel or DC heroes either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja-zero View Post
What do you guys think of this cast that I chose for Captain Planet live action?
I don't think we need a live action movie, it's not meant to be a blockbuster franchise, but a franchise that transmits a message. Not a huge fan of your casting either, Gaia needs to have traits from every race, some of them are "too pretty" or not dark enough in the case of some planeteers. That's just my opinion.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 01:45 AM   #22
Leo656
The Franchise

Eh... after this, I think we're pretty well-set.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 09:13 PM   #23
ninja-zero
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I don't think we need a live action movie, it's not meant to be a blockbuster franchise, but a franchise that transmits a message. Not a huge fan of your casting either, Gaia needs to have traits from every race, some of them are "too pretty" or not dark enough in the case of some planeteers. That's just my opinion.
Well that breaks my heart.

I thought the show could use some action too.

Bring back Planeteer Alert to talk about certain topics ecological & social.
ninja-zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 06:26 AM   #24
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Planeteer Alert

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
She'd be an amazing person to voice someone, the original was also full of celebrities or pro environment people to help get the message across, great choice!
She already has her Planeteer Alert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlfW7aYouYQ
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 05:34 PM   #25
neatoman
Emperor

Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 12:22 PM   #26
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
She already has her Planeteer Alert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlfW7aYouYQ
not the same
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
i really hate captain planet parodies
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 02:11 AM   #27
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Glen Powell provides an update on the Dicaprio Captain Planet project, it's still in development, Powell co-wrote the script and wants to headline as the character

https://www.cbr.com/leo-dicaprio-cap...mising-update/
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 04:11 AM   #28
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I'm going through some old Captain Planet episodes that I haven't seen since I was a kid, started with "Polluting By Computer", an episode with great animation and very good chemistry with Linka and Wheeler, building on their relationship in a manner that's fair-minded, playful, and touching.

It's interesting to view it through today's cultural lens, we have a computer feeding it's users misinformation about the Planeteers, we have Linka, the Russian, straight up admit she's a computer hacker, and Wheeler unashamedly commits an act of eco-terrorism to gain access to the building.

The villains for this one were Sly Sludge and Doctor Blight. Blight and MAL are the highlight of any story they're in. Their scheme is very straight forward, they want to dump toxic waste in national parks just for the lulz, and nobody questions when Sludge does this to Yellowstone because a computer gave him a permit.

I might make a regular habit of this, it was a fun time. Pretty dumb set-up, but it had sincerity, fake it and you've got it made
Old 02-08-2024, 02:24 AM   #29
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I decided to edit a few Captain Planet episodes, altering and adding scenes with A.I that create the impression Blight has a crush on Planet

Some scenes are brief, here's an example of a longer one that I've inserted into the episode "The Conqueror"