The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 01-12-2023, 07:07 PM   #1
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

R.I.P Lisa Marie Presley

Daughter of one of music's greatest, Elvis has died of caradic arrest in Los Angeles tonight after being rushed to the hospital unable to be revived. She was 54, leaving behind her mother Percillia and her four children.

https://www.npr.org/2023/01/12/11489...own-right-dies
Old 01-12-2023, 07:15 PM   #2
TurtleManiac
Stone Warrior

54 is just too young to die suddenly, but it’s happening quite often lately. We’ve seen news reporters on live TV just collapsing and the cameras immediately switch gears. Weird.

RIP

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24478755@N08/
TurtleManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 07:51 PM   #3
triplexxx
Mad Scientist

Thoughts and prayers go out to Priscilla and their family. Lisa now rocking with her father in heaven.

Last edited by triplexxx; 01-13-2023 at 02:20 AM.
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 07:53 PM   #4
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yikes, way too sad. Not really that much older than a lot of us, not with as fast as these years are going. Too scary.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 12:00 AM   #5
member_removed
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleManiac View Post
54 is just too young to die suddenly, but it’s happening quite often lately. We’ve seen news reporters on live TV just collapsing and the cameras immediately switch gears. Weird.

RIP
Well her father passed away from cardiac issues at age 42, might well be something genetic.

No, you take the ugly one!

I'll take the ugly one!

Which one's the ugly one?
member_removed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 03:51 AM   #6
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I read that Elvis died of diarrhoea.

Elvis Presley constipated for 4 months as autopsy reveals grisly details of toilet death
https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebri...s-23395093.amp

Anyway I only know her as Michael Jackson’s ex-wife.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 03:36 PM   #7
triplexxx
Mad Scientist

Was also Nicholas Cage's ex-wife, who, along with Travolta and others, are paying tribute.

She's being buried alongside her late 27-year-old son Benjamin Keough.
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 06:58 PM   #8
oldmanwinters
Overlord

First time I ever heard the name Lisa Marie, and then learned about the Michael Jackson connection:
@2:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6BkCxgghDQ

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 12:11 AM   #9
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Didn't she marry or date Michael Jackson for a while to make him appear more normal to the public eye? Kinda like 'hey, he doesn't diddle kids, look at the hot wife he has. seems pretty normal to me' kinda deal?

I kinda feel that Simpsons episode where Troy McClure had a weird fetish and wanted to marry Selma to look more normal to the public was kind of a riff on that.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 12:31 AM   #10
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Didn't she marry or date Michael Jackson for a while to make him appear more normal to the public eye? Kinda like 'hey, he doesn't diddle kids, look at the hot wife he has. seems pretty normal to me' kinda deal?
I mean, it looks that way. But is that the truth? I don't know. Maybe that was Michael's one stab at trying out a normal life and it didn't work out. I don't know.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 09:37 AM   #11
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I mean, it looks that way. But is that the truth? I don't know. Maybe that was Michael's one stab at trying out a normal life and it didn't work out. I don't know.
I think everyone feels that way. Which is sort of the best actual evidence that something was amiss in that particular situation - that and that awkward public kiss... omg.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 09:54 AM   #12
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I think everyone feels that way. Which is sort of the best actual evidence that something was amiss in that particular situation - that and that awkward public kiss... omg.
Yeah, MJ had zero sexual attraction to her, it looked like.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 01-14-2023, 12:51 PM   #13
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Yeah, MJ had zero sexual attraction to her, it looked like.
The only thing I knew about Lisa Marie Presley, was that infamous kiss from the MTV Video Music Awards

Old 01-15-2023, 11:19 PM   #14
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

IMO , MJ dating Brooke or Lisa is a smoke screen.....if he wasnt a pedo then he had tendencies imo : naked painting of himself surrounded by little boys , sleeping in the same bed as little boys (a no no imo).....then after he died there were gay rumors , as if to tone down the pedo stuff

But I werent there at Neverland so who knows what really happened there

E didnt have diarrea , that was exactly the problem : he was constipated a lot due to the pills

afaik 6 (!) people in the Presley family died early so it could run in the family......I do believe , like Carrie Fisher , that Lisa Marie used drugs now & then.

"An autopsy was carried out that same day but the report was immediately sealed for 50 years" , such bs.....why would the report be sealed and why specific 50 yrs , lol

"In his opinion, as shared in a 2013 medical paper, when Elvis tripped over a television cord and knocked himself out on the bathtub" , thats the 1967 incident i talked about prior , happened in Palm Springs

RIP Lisa Marie

Last edited by Hamato Yoshi; 01-15-2023 at 11:31 PM.
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 11:32 PM   #15
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamato Yoshi View Post
IMO , MJ dating Brooke or Lisa is a smoke screen.....if he wasnt a pedo then he had tendencies imo : naked painting of himself surrounded by little boys , sleeping in the same bed as little boys (a no no imo).....then after he died there were gay rumors , as if to tone down the pedo stuff
yeeesh.... it's incredibly hard to defend or explain away paintings like that. WTF was the artist who commissioned that even thinking? Sleeping in the bed with the boys is definitely a big no no.

Old 01-15-2023, 11:41 PM   #16
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

theres a man outside Bergen in Norway , he (like MJ) have been accused several times of being inapp with teen boys but like with MJ theres no actual proof.....but the prank calls kids do to him proofs that hes more than a little interested in teen boys

It got so much fuss it even ended up in norwegian newspapers and they even made a few songs about him : "Sotrapedoen" , it gives me a chuckle even tho very inapp

I also like to make jokes about him , lol :

bin Laden : Im in Abottabad
pedo guy : Youre WAY over there....how am I gonna pick you up then
pedo guy : we could have a good time with candy , hamburgers & circus. Im getting a stiffy just thinking about it !

(thats no joke , thats how he actually is irl....at least when kids call him)

Like a norwegian mr Herbert , the pedo man in Family Guy

Pedo guy vs Derrick , the cop from german TV show that aired 25 yrs :

pedo : Do you want some candy ?
Derrick : Nein ! *bang*
Klein (Derricks buddy cop comes running) : Was ist passiert ? (What happened ?)
Derrick : Der Sotrapedo ist getøtet ! (The Sotrapedo is dead !)

Last edited by Hamato Yoshi; 01-15-2023 at 11:56 PM.
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 09:45 AM   #17
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
The only thing I knew about Lisa Marie Presley, was that infamous kiss from the MTV Video Music Awards

Wow! Never saw that before!
-ahem- Conversation on the Technondrome, everyone.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 10:45 AM   #18
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post

Yeaaaah, still not quite convinced. All of us look at stuff like that, or the marriage itself and are already going in with "Michael's a pedo, this is probably a big sham/PR thing" in the back of ours heads so of course we'll zero in on stuff like the kiss. But Lisa was a bit socially awkward then, and that's a huge stage. Maybe the anxiety was killing her. Maybe a panic attack was coming on.

I tend to think IF it was a sham, Lisa Marie wasn't complicit in it. Michael was a huge fan of Elvis Presley and I'm sure the idea of marrying into the Presley family was a very attractive one to him. IF it was a sham in this way, I'm sure he probably went out of his way and out of his comfort zone to woo her. IF this was a sham, eventually she would've figured out that he didn't actually have true feelings for her and then that was that.

Because what's the alternative? He went to the daughter of Elvis Presley and offered her a bunch of money she didn't need to make a fool of herself for a year and a half? That part I don't really buy.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 11:12 AM   #19
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post

Because what's the alternative? He went to the daughter of Elvis Presley and offered her a bunch of money she didn't need to make a fool of herself for a year and a half? That part I don't really buy.
“Only fools rush in.”

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote