The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 01-17-2023, 06:46 PM   #21
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I don't know much about her, Other then she's that "How Dare You!" meme.
The biggest things are that she is an autistic kid who dropped out of high school because she was so worried about the environment that she "just couldn't concentrate". Her parents could put her on a stage to act like a petulant child who does not understand what she is asking enabled by people who think that children speak truth to power.

Thats really all there is to her.
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 07:47 PM   #22
Sumac
Banned

In her mind she is a hero, while in reality she is just some autist, who ended up in a spotlight, because, some people decided to use her mental illness as a blunt tool for their interests.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 07:52 PM   #23
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
In her mind she is a hero, while in reality she is just some autist, who ended up in a spotlight, because, some people decided to use her mental illness as a blunt tool for their interests.
Bet you she's deluded enough to think she's the one playing the adults, though.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 08:25 PM   #24
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
And a convenient one. If you made fun of her position on things it was "ah-ah-ahhhh! You can't make fun of a kid!" as an armor. But she's an adult now so they don't have that anymore.

The most amusing part of it all was the left touting her autism as a "superpower," the idea that it somehow uniquely enabled her to hyper focus on and solve climate change. This was a thing they were actively promoting.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 08:33 PM   #25
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Eh. Just looked her up out of curiosity of just how autistic she is (if she's minimal enough that most of this is on her or if people who should have been aiding her to make a good path in life have failed her -- perhaps a bit of both) and it looks like SHE is the one who called it a "superpower." Others I guess just grabbed onto it in support of thinking this kid was going to do some kind of good. (And perhaps a lot of fellow mildly autistic peers her age that wanted to feel better about their condition?)

Good luck to her in the coming years. Protesting can't exactly be your life's work, so who knows where she could even find herself at 30 and needing to still try to lead a normal life once she's gotten over this youthful drive. Esp if she's a drop out. Aspergers isn't exactly enough of an excuse not to hold down work.

I don't have any ill will toward the girl, but she's missing that change is a group effort and some overly self assure 'kid' prattling on isn't going to do it. Though her youth and autism are probably a big factor in not grasping that.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 01-17-2023 at 09:18 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 03:55 AM   #26
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Closest she'll ever get to being raped, I can tell you that right now...
This is edgy..

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 06:14 AM   #27
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Before the pandemic, Fridays for Future was the non-violent movement and Extinction Rebellion was the violent one.

The climate movement became more and more desperate during the pandemic years, because most media publicity was given to the pandemic instead of the climate (even if carbon emissions were reduced during the pandemic). Now, they're merging together.

(Funny how they ride bicycles at one place, block them at another. Sure, they're different persons, but still funny.)

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 01-18-2023 at 07:56 AM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 09:22 AM   #28
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Woke people bent on preventing climate change need to listen to THIS guy:

Old 01-18-2023, 11:09 AM   #29
Coola Yagami
Overlord

She's an idiot, but you can't blame her too much. She's clearly being manipulated and taken advantage of. She thinks she's a real hero giving a thumbs up while been arrested like a common thug.

It's gonna suck when reality hits.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 11:42 AM   #30
ssjup81
Foot Elite

I don't know much about her, just that she's into environmental rights and does protests for it or something and that she's a kid. I don't get the hate on her, though...but I guess if I looked her up (or cared to), I'd be able to understand. Overall, I'm pretty neutral on her.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 12:01 PM   #31
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
she's a kid.
She was born on 3 January 2003, and no longer considered a child.
Old 01-18-2023, 12:36 PM   #32
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Wait, really? She’s so small and her voice was so young sounding I thought she was a teen. lol
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 12:38 PM   #33
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
This sentence is utterly terrifying for reasons entirely unrelated to Greta herself.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 01:15 PM   #34
TurtleManiac
Stone Warrior

It seems like a photo op since when do police stand there and smile for the cameras? Likely just a publicity stunt since she’s a puppet for the World Economic Forum.

Didn’t realize these activists/ protesters are sitting there blocking traffic, preventing people from going to work so they can virtue signal. I hope that’s not happening here in the U.S. These activists and scientists really believe that climate change is causing people to have cardiac arrest, or they’re just saying whatever they get paid to say.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24478755@N08/
TurtleManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 01:16 PM   #35
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Eh. Just looked her up out of curiosity of just how autistic she is (if she's minimal enough that most of this is on her or if people who should have been aiding her to make a good path in life have failed her -- perhaps a bit of both) and it looks like SHE is the one who called it a "superpower." Others I guess just grabbed onto it in support of thinking this kid was going to do some kind of good.
This sounds about right. But it was a lot of others, and it was hysterical every time that'd be trotted out.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 02:08 PM   #36
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleManiac View Post
I hope that’s not happening here in the U.S.
It happened in Maryland in July 2022.

These British activists in April 2022 were even worse. They glued themselves to the road.

Old 01-18-2023, 02:29 PM   #37
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Activism I get, caring about nature and everything that it impacts and everything impacting it... great, absolutely. If we irreparably destroy it all we're just creating our own demise and knowingly doing it.

But gluing yourself to a road, etc., what is that even supposed to do. People aren't going to stop and care about your cause because of that, they're just going to be pissed that you're interrupting a whole lot more.

If an ambulance in a hurry needs to get through, then what? Just run the people over and send another to pick them up? Okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Wait, really? She’s so small and her voice was so young sounding I thought she was a teen. lol
Right? I was guessing 15-ish. Guess she's been doing this longer than we released. I blame the pandemic time warp. lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 02:58 PM   #38
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Right? I was guessing 15-ish. Guess she's been doing this longer than we released. I blame the pandemic time warp. lol
She started school striking in late August 2018, aged 15.
Old 01-18-2023, 04:22 PM   #39
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
And a convenient one. If you made fun of her position on things it was "ah-ah-ahhhh! You can't make fun of a kid!" as an armor. But she's an adult now so they don't have that anymore.
Wokesters chose her wisely: she is an autistic girl (and now a woman), so its like 2 medals out of 3 in the oppression Olympics. She is White, but, well, guess, you can't have everything.

I don't like her, since I think, she is an annoying timewaster and I think she should've figured out she is being used, but at the same time, I kind of see, how it is easy to become slave of your delusions.

Last edited by Sumac; 01-19-2023 at 01:19 PM.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 04:41 PM   #40
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Wokesters chose her wisely: she is an autistic girl (and now a woman), so its like 2 medals out of 3 in the oppression Olympics. She is White, but, well, guess, you can't have everything.

I don't like, since I think, she is an annoying timewaster and I think she should figure out she is being used, but at the same time, I kind of see, how its see to become slave of your delusions.
She won't til it's too late. After all, what is she if she leaves the cult? A nobody that now has to live a normal life. She's not going to want to abandon her 'fame' and notoriety.

Maybe in a few years she'll come out with 'I've been used and manipulated!!' and run with that for a while whenever she gets desperate enough to remain relevant.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote