The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 01-08-2011, 12:56 PM   #81
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Was diving through the quarter bin at the local comic shop and found something for the Misc. Appearances section:

*Prime Slime Tales #1

No actual Turtles comic, but there's a bonus pin-up on the back page by TonyBasilicato of the Turtles crossing over with the Prime Slime Tales characters (this was a Mirage publication, after all).
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:05 PM   #82
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
Was diving through the quarter bin at the local comic shop and found something for the Misc. Appearances section:

*Prime Slime Tales #1

No actual Turtles comic, but there's a bonus pin-up on the back page by TonyBasilicato of the Turtles crossing over with the Prime Slime Tales characters (this was a Mirage publication, after all).
That is a strange series...

Probably most notable for being Jim Lawson's Mirage debut as the inker.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:33 PM   #83
Venom
Space Knight

Thanks! That reminds me, who was it that posted in the Books, Comics & Lit section about a pin-up printed in a parody book? The poster emailed the writer/artist and the guy basically told him it would be in one of the #1 books, of which ALL the books were #1's (was it Rip Off Press?).

Also, has anyone noticed how insanely expensive early Sonic books are? They go for between $20-$40 bucks!!

Also, Fire Sale...someone please keep a look out for one for me please. It was a pin-up book done for a charity; a few 'Dromers picked it up for under a buck a couple years back at Mile High, but the thing has been elusive to me lately in my searches.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:53 PM   #84
wilddiverse
Stone Warrior

Yeah, the demand for old Sonic comics came as a shock. Kick myself now for trading in the first 6 Archie issues (mini 1-3+series 1-3) for a total of $3 in store credit back in 1997-- along with my end run of Marvel's GI Joe. These days those issues could topple my credit card debt. Oh, hindsight, you scamp.
wilddiverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:23 PM   #85
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Hey, are we counting TMNT supporting characters making appearances? (Gizmo & Fugitoid is on the list, so I guess so)

In that case:

*The Collected Gizmo

Renet makes an appearance in that trade's exclusive story, "King for a Day".
Old 01-08-2011, 09:01 PM   #86
Venom
Space Knight

Originally, no, it wasn't. That list would spiral into something massive! I intended it to be a TMNT/Mirage list. The non-Turtle Mirage books show up as they do because I compiled my listings straight from Mirage's site, as well as labelling the Collected Books as they did (thus Special Edition Deluxe initally appearing under that label).

I suppose I could branch it off into Supporting Characters, but I wouldn't want to get carried away with it to the point of redundancy (which it teeters on now with all the reprints lol!).
Old 01-08-2011, 09:05 PM   #87
Venom
Space Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilddiverse View Post
Yeah, the demand for old Sonic comics came as a shock. Kick myself now for trading in the first 6 Archie issues (mini 1-3+series 1-3) for a total of $3 in store credit back in 1997-- along with my end run of Marvel's GI Joe. These days those issues could topple my credit card debt. Oh, hindsight, you scamp.
Holy moley! I don't get it with Sonic, but then again I'm sure some say that about our Turtle books. We'll get lucky and find someone who doesn't care/know and just wants to be rid of them. Honestly, I'd feel a $1.50 for Sonic 10 is worth it to me, $40, eh not so much. I don't even know what the Turtle appearance is anyway.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:59 AM   #88
DoctorHver
Random Punk

Quote:
Random House Collected TMNT Adventures

• TMNT Adventures
• Return of the Shredder
• Intergalactic Wrestling
I'm not sure if it is part of this same series but I know there were storybook series of four books Including that Shredder title:

1. A Fishy Adventure
2. The Magic Cristal
3. The Incredible Shrinking Turtle
4. Return of the Shredder

Last edited by DoctorHver; 01-18-2011 at 08:20 AM.
DoctorHver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:26 AM   #89
Venom
Space Knight

Yeah, those were the storybooks based on the 'toon..
Old 01-18-2011, 08:39 AM   #90
DoctorHver
Random Punk

I take it that what I Quoted and posted is one of the same then, but feel free to add it to the checklist in the op.

Interestingly
After quick googling and ebay links there seems to
at lest two coloring books based on the OT toons:
Meet The Turtles
Shredder Gets Splintered

And two mini storybooks with cassette (sealed)
"The Final Lesson"
"The First Battle"

and storybook with cassette

"Return of the Shredder" (I do wonder if it is the same story as in the with different cover as there four turtles and Shredder instead of one).
Old 01-18-2011, 09:15 PM   #91
Venom
Space Knight

I'm not really doing storybooks and coloring books, though; mainly sticking with the comics. Granted there are non-comic books listed, like the RPG books and TMNT magazines, but they include a comic of some sort whether it be a pin-up or a short.

A storybook list thread would be a great idea though, you should make it. There are a ton of books made from the Turtles' various cartoons and movies!
Old 01-22-2011, 01:35 PM   #92
DoctorHver
Random Punk

IM not enterly sure if IM up for that task since I realy don't know much about TMNT storybook history.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:00 PM   #93
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
I'm not really doing storybooks and coloring books, though; mainly sticking with the comics. Granted there are non-comic books listed, like the RPG books and TMNT magazines, but they include a comic of some sort whether it be a pin-up or a short.

A storybook list thread would be a great idea though, you should make it. There are a ton of books made from the Turtles' various cartoons and movies!
I got to say what you are doing is awesome. It is definitley helping me figure out what I still need to add to my website's comic area as well as the comic checklist I've been working on (with help from Raph aka Rutger)... Here are links to what I have gotten done (basically a rip straight from the old ninjaturtles.com, so not much credit is due my way except maybe getting it online, lol)...

http://www.mutantooze.org/tmntdb/com...micsindex.html

Here is a direct link to the checklist Rutger helped me make...
http://mutantooze.org/tmntdb/comics/...0Checklist.pdf

I will surely need to make some updates now... Thanks for putting in all this work, hope you don't mind if I use some of your information...

-ms
Old 01-22-2011, 05:08 PM   #94
Venom
Space Knight

Go ahead, MS, and thanks! I started my list from Mirage's stuff as well and branched out thanks to this site, and doing research myself over the years. In fact, I found another book a few months back, the Mysterymen Annual, that collects the Flaming Carrot issues with the Turtles (*not* Lawsons FC/TMNT crossover).
Old 01-23-2011, 06:14 PM   #95
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior

You should probably add Mirage TMNT vol. 4 #31 and the Casey Jones graphic novel-length story Muscle & Faith, both of which have been made available online.

Titan Books in the UK published two collections of the Dreamwave TMNT series: vol. 1: Attack of the Mousers and vol. 2: Out of the Shadows.

I think Mirage also published an adaptation of the third movie.

The original Archie TMNT Adventures miniseries was collected as TMNT: Heroes in a Half-Shell.

There was an eight TMNT digest from Archie.

Gen 13 #13B was collected in Gen 13 ABC, which I highly recomend if only for all the cool and funny cameoes.

Savage Dragon #2 was collected in the Savage Dragon (vol. 2): A Force to be Reckoned with.

Savage Dragon #22 was collected in the Savage Dragon (vol. 6): Gang War.

Savage Dragon #41 was collected in the Savage Dragon (vol. 9): Worlds at War.

There's also the TMNT Cowabunga Comics artbook, done for some charity.

The Turtles also made an appearance in the Rockin Rollin Miner Ants series (not sure which issues).

There was a TMNT pin up in Cerebus #155.

The Turtles were also in Equine the Uncivilized #3.

The Turtles made appearances in some of the GnatRat books (again, not sure which ones).

I hear the Turtles made some sort of appearance in Spider-Man Team-Up #5 (featuring Howard the Duck), which ties into the Savage Dragon/Destroyer Duck special that the Turtles WERE in.

Sonic the Hedgehog #10 should be collected in Sonic Archives vol. 3.

Road Hogs and After the Bomb are two separate RPG books.

There was a TMNT /Savage Dragon mini comic included with action figures.

There was a TMNT story in the UK-published Comic Relief Comic, apparently penned by none other than Neil Gaiman.
Originally Posted by Bergerjacques
It was definitely not a kid's book.
That was the thing that always mystified me about the turn the franchise took when Eastman and Laird licensed the cartoon and the parallel comic book published by the same outfit that gave us Archie. The turtles' original origin story? The whole thing hinges on a for-Christ's-sake rape-murder!!!!
from here.

Last edited by John Pannozzi; 01-23-2011 at 06:34 PM.
John Pannozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:39 PM   #96
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Here's an obscure one for the list. No comic material, but it's all about the TMNT franchise from comics to cartoons to movies:

David Anthony Kraft's Comics Interviews Super Special: TMNT
Old 01-23-2011, 08:04 PM   #97
wilddiverse
Stone Warrior

The Archie Digest is already on the checklist, but there were only 7 issues (milehigh listing errors be damned!)

Quote:
Here's an obscure one for the list. No comic material, but it's all about the TMNT franchise from comics to cartoons to movies:
I've been wondering about this one-- is this a collection of TMNT material from past issues of Comics Interview (#27,#83, ??) or entirely new material? Combination of both?
Old 01-23-2011, 08:45 PM   #98
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

I'm not sure if it's a combination of past material (it doesn't specify), but it covers a LOT of ground, with tons and tons and interviews with everyone from every facete of the franchise as well as a plethora of photos and Eastman/Laird art I've never seen printed anywhere else.

It's a real cool walk down memory lane, particularly all the photos of the Mirage crew in their metal phase.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:26 PM   #99
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself

Quote:
I'm not sure if it's a combination of past material (it doesn't specify), but it covers a LOT of ground, with tons and tons and interviews with everyone from every facete of the franchise as well as a plethora of photos and Eastman/Laird art I've never seen printed anywhere else.

It's a real cool walk down memory lane, particularly all the photos of the Mirage crew in their metal phase.
Here you go.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...s%20Interview/

The book is square bound so I couldn't scan it without damaging my copy.

I just scanned the turtle related content.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:37 PM   #100
wilddiverse
Stone Warrior

Well, I have some of the issues so I guess I can check.

Quote:
The Turtles also made an appearance in the Rockin Rollin Miner Ants series (not sure which issues).
I flipped through #1-4 and there's no TMNT appearance, just a Kevin Eastman pin-up of the Ants in #3. You may be thinking of the RRMA/TMNT preview from the back of TMNT v1 #40.

Quote:
And I can verify that this reprints a Dean Clarrain/Dan Berger/Ryan Brown TMNTA interview from Comics Interview #83. And I would assume the Eastman/Laird interview is the same as what's found in CI #27. Reprints or not, it is a very cool look into the people involved with TMNT, and not an expensive addition to a collection.