Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 12-16-2021, 07:57 PM   #3421
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
the most definitive version of TMNT ever
Then why did you skip the first 100 issues if the series was so "definitive"?

Honest question.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 12:54 AM   #3422
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post

Honest question.
I'm guessing that in his mind, having the characters get locked into a slum where they can't do much beyond hanging out at a soup kitchen, was the requirement for making it definitive...
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 01:22 AM   #3423
Leo656
The Franchise

You're alright, You.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 04:09 AM   #3424
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post

Honest question.
I really don't know where you got that idea from; if you look through their posting history you see them commenting on issues as far back as the mid-30s. They're not a 'new' fan by any means.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 02:24 PM   #3425
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Hey Andrew, I'm still at IDW for a couple more weeks so let me get on the other side of that and then I can maybe talk more about it if I feel like it. There's no real story though just "been working at a place over a decade" standard type stuff. Time for a change.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 02:25 PM   #3426
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Thanks for everything you did Bobby, You help make the comic the most definitive version of TMNT ever, Your contributions brought new life to this series.
Thanks, Tiger!
Old 12-17-2021, 02:57 PM   #3427
neatoman
Emperor

I do have one actual question here, what were the limits of the mutagen bomb? We see in 123 that some humans were unaffected because they were in cellars and it did not have an effect on Hun, Lewis and her colleague despite being so close to the blast in 98. Was the mutagen flawed something?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 04:35 PM   #3428
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I do have one actual question here, what were the limits of the mutagen bomb? We see in 123 that some humans were unaffected because they were in cellars and it did not have an effect on Hun, Lewis and her colleague despite being so close to the blast in 98. Was the mutagen flawed something?
Hey neato,
The characters involved didn't really know it's potential and we the readers don't fully know either. Most atomic/dirty/chemical bombs have an irregular fallout depending on weather and geographical patterns so we leaned into that to create some flexibility. Some characters close by were unaffected while others blocks away were changed. But overall, in my mind at least, the area of Manhattan now portioned off to become Mutant Town is roughly akin to East Village or the Union Square area. About a square mile or two.
Old 12-17-2021, 06:23 PM   #3429
AquaParade
Banned

Thanks, Bobby. Cool that you’ll still hang around your thread, by the sound of it.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 02:51 AM   #3430
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
No way, this is my thread! They gotta find their own. This will remain a special place for increasingly irrelevant questions.
Here’s an irrelevant one for ya: What’s your favorite Futureheads song? (I was tickled to see you and Shawn shared interest in one of my favorite bands that isn’t super well known!)
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 07:04 PM   #3431
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I'm guessing that in his mind, having the characters get locked into a slum where they can't do much beyond hanging out at a soup kitchen, was the requirement for making it definitive...
That would make most major Democrat-run metropolitan areas in the United States "definitive", then. Checks out.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 08:29 PM   #3432
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
Here’s an irrelevant one for ya: What’s your favorite Futureheads song? (I was tickled to see you and Shawn shared interest in one of my favorite bands that isn’t super well known!)
Ha, I was surprised to see Shawn wrote that, I don't remember that conversation at all! Geez, I dunno, I was a fan of their entire first album. Maybe Decent Days and Nights? They kinda lost me a little bit more with each successive album but the first is solid from start to finish!
Old 12-25-2021, 11:51 PM   #3433
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Ha, I was surprised to see Shawn wrote that, I don't remember that conversation at all! Geez, I dunno, I was a fan of their entire first album. Maybe Decent Days and Nights? They kinda lost me a little bit more with each successive album but the first is solid from start to finish!
Agreed. That first album was gold. Their Hounds of Love cover was probably my most-played song through college. I also have them to thank for squeezing in an international trip before the world was hit by COVID. They were doing a small tour near the end of 2019 where they played the first album front to back in the UK, I'd always wanted to go there so finally said f*** it, bought concert tickets and plane tickets shortly thereafter. Had a few decent days and nights in London.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 10:23 AM   #3434
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

Bobby,

I wanted to let you know that this Punk Frog issue really was a joy to read. It's been a while since I felt like I could say this but it feels like the book could be picking up again.

There's a lot of value that we had not really had in having multiple story beats. Having the island, the obviously mad doctor, the frogs and the omission of Raph gives us so many directions going forward. Having legacy characters show up and seeing plot points like the turtles and Casey fighting in a fire are call backs I'm used to seeing in this book and it's great to see them mixed in new ways here. Yes we did have Tokka & Razhar last year but as characters they are admittedly thin.

I've been harsh in my words I feel at times but I'm happy that I do support this book because I know that the talent here can accomplish some good storytelling. We've just been in a real rut, that I hope we are out of.

It's great to see the turtles in their masks, it makes me feel like they are ready to get back to work.
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 02:33 PM   #3435
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookycookies View Post
Bobby,

I wanted to let you know that this Punk Frog issue really was a joy to read. It's been a while since I felt like I could say this but it feels like the book could be picking up again.

There's a lot of value that we had not really had in having multiple story beats. Having the island, the obviously mad doctor, the frogs and the omission of Raph gives us so many directions going forward. Having legacy characters show up and seeing plot points like the turtles and Casey fighting in a fire are call backs I'm used to seeing in this book and it's great to see them mixed in new ways here. Yes we did have Tokka & Razhar last year but as characters they are admittedly thin.

I've been harsh in my words I feel at times but I'm happy that I do support this book because I know that the talent here can accomplish some good storytelling. We've just been in a real rut, that I hope we are out of.

It's great to see the turtles in their masks, it makes me feel like they are ready to get back to work.
Hey, I'm glad you enjoyed it! It was my favorite issue in a while as well. I was happy to see Casey get in the mix and I like that there's an unpredictable group of bad guys with no real "big" agenda. I know there's fun stuff coming up and I get to enjoy it 'fresh' as well-- I haven't seen anything beyond some of Pablo's layouts for #126!
Old 01-19-2022, 02:55 PM   #3436
Avenger
Thug

Quote:
Hey, I'm glad you enjoyed it! It was my favorite issue in a while as well. I was happy to see Casey get in the mix and I like that there's an unpredictable group of bad guys with no real "big" agenda. I know there's fun stuff coming up and I get to enjoy it 'fresh' as well-- I haven't seen anything beyond some of Pablo's layouts for #126!
Hello, if I understand correctly, you work for IDW?

It's not TMNT related, but I would have a question:

What's happening with the Ghostbusters franchise? I noticed almost every digital version was removed (google store, kindle, etc.) and I'm still waiting for Year One TPB to be available on Amazon.ca («*available soon*»)
Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 05:49 PM   #3437
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
Hello, if I understand correctly, you work for IDW?

It's not TMNT related, but I would have a question:

What's happening with the Ghostbusters franchise? I noticed almost every digital version was removed (google store, kindle, etc.) and I'm still waiting for Year One TPB to be available on Amazon.ca («*available soon*»)
I don't actually work there anymore! Beyond that though I don't really know anything about the licenses I didn't work on especially since we stopped working at the office during the pandemic. Sorry I can't help!
Old 01-20-2022, 06:45 PM   #3438
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I don't actually work there anymore! Beyond that though I don't really know anything about the licenses I didn't work on especially since we stopped working at the office during the pandemic. Sorry I can't help!
You guys never went back to the office?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 03:26 AM   #3439
Wingnut II
Random Punk

Is it too much to hope for a "How to Draw" book or series of tutorials?

Also...apparently one of the Punk Frogs is named Clyde.
Either someone's a South Park fan [don't blame you], or that's a deeper reference than that.
Wingnut II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 03:28 AM   #3440
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut II View Post
Is it too much to hope for a "How to Draw" book or series of tutorials?

Also...apparently one of the Punk Frogs is named Clyde.
Either someone's a South Park fan [don't blame you], or that's a deeper reference than that.
look up "Bonnie and Clyde"

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz