The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-28-2022, 04:06 PM   #21
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Guess that just leaves Earth, Wind, and Fire for the other sequel subtitles?
Something tells me Cameron is going to want to linger on the water aspect.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 05:36 PM   #22
Xav
Foot Elite

Does anyone still care about this series at this point?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 05:43 PM   #23
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I hope 3D movies and 4D movies make a big comeback with this. I love watching 3D movies in VR and 4D is the best experience in theaters you can get.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 05:43 PM   #24
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Does anyone still care about this series at this point?
Like, right this second? No, not really. But if I were to rewatch it I'd probably get re-stoked up. Or if a trailer dropped right now.
Old 05-09-2022, 10:42 AM   #25
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

The trailer for part 2:

Old 07-03-2022, 10:10 PM   #26
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

How Steven Lang's character comes back:

https://www.darkhorizons.com/quaritc...urn-explained/
Old 11-02-2022, 10:46 AM   #27
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Trailer #2:

I still don't have a strong idea of what this is even about. They're suddenly hanging out in the water a lot because James Cameron loves water, some stuff burns, some kind of human carrier sinks in the ocean and maybe -- maybe -- there's some kind of Na'vi vs. Na'vi struggle? I'm not sure if this is really going to draw in the uninitiated.

Also, it's set 10 years later... but Sigourney Weaver is playing Jake and Neytiri's "adopted teenage daughter"? And it turns out Quaritch is back because his memories were transferred to a Na'vi avatar? Whuh?

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 11-03-2022 at 11:02 AM.
Old 11-03-2022, 10:50 AM   #28
IMJ
Emperor

I just can't see this being interesting. The only thing the I.P. really has going for it were 99% photo real special effects on a believable alien world. And those were incredible.

But the premise isn't really captivating on it's own.
The aliens themselves aren't really captivating as protagonists.
From the trailer this one looks even more like a cartoon than a movie on an alien world

If it does well that's great, but that's not saying much. The first Avatar is the biggest movie of all-time and yet nobody really cares about it. I am surprised that Sam Worthington is back. He seemed like he was going to have a really solid career for a few years there, but I've only seen him in two movies in years now - that Schwarzenegger one which was decent and then that Netflix "alien adaptation" flick, whatever that was called.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 10:57 AM   #29
Leo656
The Franchise

It's the most forgettable movie to ever gross a billion dollars. It made all the money in the world, everyone bought it on Blu-ray, and yet nobody ever watches it, nobody ever talks about it... and nobody actually WANTS these movies.

Avatar wasn't even a f*cking "movie", it was an elaborate push to make people buy HDTVs and Blu-ray players. THAT is what it was.

The sequels will do well because by the time the hype train gets done rolling, people will be convinced they've ACTUALLY been "waiting over a decade for this" instead of what they've actually been doing... making jokes about how nobody cares anymore. But we see how fast people flip that script after they get told enough times, "YOU WANT THIS! YOU'RE EXCITED FOR THIS!"

But they don't, and they're not. Nobody cares about these f*cking movies, so it's gonna be really f*cking annoying when they come out and make a sh*tload of money anyway. All hype, no soul. If you don't LOVE CGI, there's nothing to f*cking see or care about with this. And I loathe CGI. So you can imagine how many f*cks I give about Avatar. Like it was "fine" but nothing about it ever made me wanna watch it again.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 11:12 AM   #30
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I literally did not even remember Avatar was a thing until they started making all the news about End Game getting close to beating it, and then actually beating it. Like I didn't even know it made that much in the box office. Every time I hear Avatar I legit think of Korra, not these blue people from a forgotten old movie that pretty much came and went.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 07:01 PM   #31
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
It's the most forgettable movie to ever gross a billion dollars. It made all the money in the world, everyone bought it on Blu-ray, and yet nobody ever watches it, nobody ever talks about it... and nobody actually WANTS these movies.

Avatar wasn't even a f*cking "movie", it was an elaborate push to make people buy HDTVs and Blu-ray players. THAT is what it was.

The sequels will do well because by the time the hype train gets done rolling, people will be convinced they've ACTUALLY been "waiting over a decade for this" instead of what they've actually been doing... making jokes about how nobody cares anymore. But we see how fast people flip that script after they get told enough times, "YOU WANT THIS! YOU'RE EXCITED FOR THIS!"

But they don't, and they're not. Nobody cares about these f*cking movies, so it's gonna be really f*cking annoying when they come out and make a sh*tload of money anyway. All hype, no soul. If you don't LOVE CGI, there's nothing to f*cking see or care about with this. And I loathe CGI. So you can imagine how many f*cks I give about Avatar. Like it was "fine" but nothing about it ever made me wanna watch it again.
This reflects all of my thoughts about Avatar, but the level of vitriol you poured into this took it over the top. Leo for the win.
Now I want to see you do a YouTube toy video on the new Avatar toys which are actually pretty cool but I won't buy because this I.P. sucks.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 12:58 AM   #32
Leo656
The Franchise

I was up for about 30 hours when I wrote that so I was probably more angry about it than I needed to be.

Old 11-04-2022, 01:10 AM   #33
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I hate to say it, guys, but I think this a rare case of me saying I think you guys will be wrong and it'll be well loved. People may have forgotten about Avatar but it'll come back to them quick.
Old 11-04-2022, 01:14 AM   #34
Leo656
The Franchise

I alluded to that. It will be successful and people will be excited about it for a while.

But that's hype. The same hype that tricks people into thinking the MCU stuff is so life-changing. By the time you get to the theater it's a MUST-SEE EVENT because that's what everyone tells you and so your brain starts to believe it for a bit.

That doesn't and won't erase the fact that for a whole decade not a single person not named "James Cameron" cared.

Old 11-04-2022, 01:17 AM   #35
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I alluded to that. It will be successful and people will be excited about it for a while.

But that's hype. The same hype that tricks people into thinking the MCU stuff is so life-changing. By the time you get to the theater it's a MUST-SEE EVENT because that's what everyone tells you and so your brain starts to believe it for a bit.

That doesn't and won't erase the fact that for a whole decade not a single person not named "James Cameron" cared.
The original did serve as an excellent prelude to... a thing we should have gotten along time ago. Obviously this is true. The difference now is that the "Excited about it for while" piece isn't relevant in this particular situation since we'll be getting a brand new Avatar movie every 2 years. For like, quite a few years, apparently. The planet won't be allowed to forget about it. Like, by the time the 3rd movie comes out, theaters will already be re-releasing Avatar 2 a few months beforehand and so on.
Old 11-04-2022, 01:21 AM   #36
Leo656
The Franchise

Be cool if anyone actually asked for those movies and it wasn't 100% Cameron whacking off and people lining up with their mouths open because it's Cameron.

Sales of 4K TVs and disc players have been a little flat lately, and now This; I'm sure that's just a coincidence of timing like last time, though.

I really, really cannot stress enough how little I give a sh*t about any and all "Lookit wut we did wit compooters!" movies.

Old 11-04-2022, 02:07 AM   #37
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Be cool if anyone actually asked for those movies and it wasn't 100% Cameron whacking off and people lining up with their mouths open because it's Cameron.

Sales of 4K TVs and disc players have been a little flat lately, and now This; I'm sure that's just a coincidence of timing like last time, though.

I really, really cannot stress enough how little I give a sh*t about any and all "Lookit wut we did wit compooters!" movies.
Oh no, the sales of 4K TVs are through the roof. Largely because this is the minimum of the only kind of TV you can even buy anymore because this is the minimum of what resolution is being transmitted in 2022. And those prices have come way down. Now we're getting 8K TVs yet there isn't any actual 8K media to justify it, but they auto-upscale for little to no discernible reason.

Your argument should have been about 3D TVs and 3D blu-ray players, the ones that came out not long after Avatar 1. Then you'd have a point. I'm sure there are a lot of people very angry with the 3D HD and 3D 4K TVs they bought that came with expensive proprietary 3D glasses that were almost immediately unsupported after a couple of years. Not unlike the people on board the HD-DVD train vs. the Blu-Ray train a few years before that.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 11-04-2022 at 02:12 AM.
Old 11-04-2022, 03:29 PM   #38
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Oh no, the sales of 4K TVs are through the roof. Largely because this is the minimum of the only kind of TV you can even buy anymore because this is the minimum of what resolution is being transmitted in 2022. And those prices have come way down. Now we're getting 8K TVs yet there isn't any actual 8K media to justify it, but they auto-upscale for little to no discernible reason.

Your argument should have been about 3D TVs and 3D blu-ray players, the ones that came out not long after Avatar 1. Then you'd have a point. I'm sure there are a lot of people very angry with the 3D HD and 3D 4K TVs they bought that came with expensive proprietary 3D glasses that were almost immediately unsupported after a couple of years. Not unlike the people on board the HD-DVD train vs. the Blu-Ray train a few years before that.
Also we got Black Friday in less then 3 weeks, And 4K TVs will become cheaper.
Old 11-25-2022, 05:35 PM   #39
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Final trailer.

I still have no idea what the movie is about. These trailers say nothing.
Old 11-25-2022, 06:26 PM   #40
ChosenOne
Banned

I wonder, has anyone shown James Cameron the Horizon games?
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote