The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-09-2020, 12:02 PM   #81
CyberCubed
Overlord

Willing to bet Supergirl guest stars in a few ep of this down the line, especially since her show is ending.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 12:27 PM   #82
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Willing to bet Supergirl guest stars in a few ep of this down the line, especially since her show is ending.
I think that's a very safe bet.

New costume is about a thousand times better than the old one. I just don't like the actor and I definitely don't like the way he's been presented thus far. I have a bad feeling that he'll be every bit the second fiddle to Lois that he was to Supergirl.

I mean, I gotta be honest, I probably won't watch it. I might check out the pilot but it doesn't feel like it's for me. For most of these shows in the last few years, the pilot's as far as I get.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 08:00 PM   #83
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I think that's a very safe bet.

New costume is about a thousand times better than the old one. I just don't like the actor and I definitely don't like the way he's been presented thus far. I have a bad feeling that he'll be every bit the second fiddle to Lois that he was to Supergirl.

I mean, I gotta be honest, I probably won't watch it. I might check out the pilot but it doesn't feel like it's for me. For most of these shows in the last few years, the pilot's as far as I get.

It's a great suit and I do like Tyler's Superman but yeah...its a lock that Lois will be the heavy lifter in this series if you know what i mean. I do applaud them for getting rid of that woke writer but I just feel like Lois will get the better material in the show and seem like the bigger deal over Supes, just based off what we've seen so far.

I hope I'm wrong and this Superman becomes a total badass with the proper respect to the character but yeah....dont feel it.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 01:10 AM   #84
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I guess it’s going to be like Lois & Clark series? I’ve never been into the series but since it’s currently on sale on iTunes recently I got the complete series and binged it.

It’s surreal seeing young hot Teri Hatcher pre-Desperate Housewives era. And Dean Cain looks great too until I found out he’s a Trump supporter ugh. Anyway I guess I can separate the man from his work. It’s a pretty enjoyable series, and Lex Luthor still has his hair lol.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 12:14 PM   #85
Leo656
The Franchise

Dean Cain was a great Superman, but he was an amazing Clark Kent. Hatcher was probably the best Lois we've had, also. Lots and lots of people still argue that John Shea was the best Lex Luthor, and I'm not going to fight with them about it.

That show started to fall apart in Season 3 and it was completely off the rails by Season 4, but the first two Seasons still hold up for what they are. It could have altogether been great if they had, like, any money at all to spend.

But at the very least, the pilot movie and "The Green, Green Glow of Home" are still some of the best Superman stuff ever done in live-action, easily.

Old 12-10-2020, 01:00 PM   #86
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Should have ended with the discount Zod substitute Lord Nor's invasion.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 01:21 PM   #87
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
discount Zod substitute Lord Nor

I don't know what honestly annoyed me more: The "Lois & Clark" writers' refusing to use almost any villain characters from the comics - for a combination of "We don't have the money" and "We don't read comics and we don't think our audience does either" reasons... OR, "Smallville" with the late-game insistence on jamming the show FULL of comic book characters and screwing all of them up entirely.

Actually... nah, "Smallville" was more annoying, just because the execution was so terrible in using those characters that it'd be better had they not bothered. Given how L&C had really no money to work with, it's probably for the best that they did their own thing.

Y'know what's low-key probably the best "Superman" TV show? "The Adventures of Superboy". Seriously. Especially the Gerard Christopher seasons when they had a bit more money to spend and started taking everything more seriously. It's got a bit of cheese, and it's still a low-budget syndicated show, but it's SO right out of the comics and Gerard was terrific in the role, albeit a little stiff. Metallo was terrible, and their Lex was a total ham, but outside of that stuff the show was really, REALLY good, for the most part. Like, even Bizarro had a goddamn emotional arc over his series of episodes. That's a feat.

I mean, it's "Superboy", but that's really "in-name-only". It's set on a college campus and Gerard was in his goddamn mid-20s when they shot it. So f*ck what they call it, it's a Superman show. It's really only "Superboy" for licensing reasons between the Salkinds and WB, anyway. Like legally, they weren't "allowed" to make a Superman TV show in live action, so they just cast a young-ish looking guy and said it was "Superboy", but it's clearly Superman. Kinda dumb, but whatever, it doesn't hurt the show much, if any.

I love Dean Cain, but I'm still rather mad that they threw Gerard out of the audition for L&C once they found out he'd already played the role for four Seasons on another show. That felt unfair. Like, he's experienced, isn't that what you should WANT? I mean they'd verbally "promised" that he'd get to play Superman proper in some spin-off TV movies that never happened once the Superboy show was over, I feel he was owed. He should've been the FIRST guy they called for Lois & Clark, in my opinion. Stupid studio politics nonsense.

Really aggravates me that that show, and Gerard, are more or less forgotten by history. It's a good show and he was great in it. I dare say it might even be better than L&C, maybe. If nothing else, it's the most comics-faithful Sueprman show we've ever had, or are ever likely to get. Really wish it had more attention.

Old 12-10-2020, 01:29 PM   #88
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Really aggravates me that that show, and Gerard, are more or less forgotten by history. It's a good show and he was great in it. I dare say it might even be better than L&C, maybe. If nothing else, it's the most comics-faithful Sueprman show we've ever had, or are ever likely to get. Really wish it had more attention.
I borrowed a VHS tape one summer from a friend which had a Bizzaro two-parter from Superboy and it was by far the best thing on the tape, sandwiched in between Scooby Doo and VR Troopers episodes I'd seen a hundred times.

This was back when satellite/cable actually showed stuff the regular four channel set up I had never bothered with. Frankly, I preferred it when Satellite was just a tiny bit out of my grasp. I didn't know what to do with it when we could finally afford it.
Old 12-10-2020, 01:36 PM   #89
Leo656
The Franchise

Yeah, those Bizarro episodes were awesome, some of the best stuff in the entire series.

I once bought a flea market bootleg DVD copy of the second half of the series, back when it was highly unlikely that the show would ever have an official release. I still have it, but man, I was glad when the actual DVD releases came out several years ago. The bootleg still had clips of some of the commercials on it. Fun time capsule, but not the optimal viewing experience.

I'm gonna do another run on that series soon. I watched it religiously as a kid every weekend but it's a lot better than I'd remembered. You really can't say that about most things.

Old 01-20-2021, 09:36 AM   #91
ZariusTwo
Overlord

The series will have a 90-minute premiere on February 23rd, followed by a special documentary called "Legacy of Hope"...this has wound up bumping Flash off the schedule, and it's seventh series premiere will now be on March 2nd

https://www.spoilertv.com/2021/01/su...e-with-90.html
Old 01-21-2021, 11:28 AM   #93
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
this looks pretty good.
Old 01-21-2021, 11:47 AM   #94
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Definitely looks more cinematic compared to other Arrowverse shows.

Alright CW, you've got my attention.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 11:50 AM   #95
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Definitely looks more cinematic compared to other Arrowverse shows.

Alright CW, you've got my attention.
it helps they got funding from HBO Max. It goes to Max after it airs on CW
Old 01-21-2021, 11:59 AM   #96
Sumac
Banned

Sups looks like a hobo.
Could they at least shave him properly?
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 12:41 PM   #99
Slade
god status

Trailer looks nice, but this still will be a dumpster fire. DC and CW need to break up or something.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 01:17 PM   #100
Leo656
The Franchise

Those action shots of Superman are so blatantly, "Let's rip off Zack Snyder's cinematography, but let's try it without the budget." Not bad by TV standards though. Just sayin', it jumps out at me.