The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-13-2021, 03:30 PM   #1
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

CW Gotham Knights show from Batwoman writers in the works

A “Gotham Knights” TV series is in the works at The CW from three “Batwoman” writers, Variety has learned.

The project hails from writers Natalie Abrams, James Stoteraux, and Chad Fiveash. Stoteraux and Fiveash are executive producers on the show, with Abrams co-executive producing. Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter, and David Madden of Berlanti Productions will also executive produce. Warner Bros. Television is the studio.

“Gotham Knights” is based on the characters created for DC by Bob Kane and Bill Finger. It is not a spinoff of “Batwoman,” nor is it tied to the upcoming “Gotham Knights” video game.

In the show, in the wake of Bruce Wayne’s murder, his rebellious adopted son forges an unlikely alliance with the children of Batman’s enemies when they are all framed for killing the Caped Crusader. And as the city’s most wanted criminals, this renegade band of misfits must fight to clear their names. But in a Gotham with no Dark Knight to protect it, the city descends into the most dangerous it’s ever been. However, hope comes from the most unexpected of places as this team of mismatched fugitives will become its next generation of saviors known as the Gotham Knights.

Fiveash and Stoteraux are currently executive producers on “Batwoman,” which premiered its third season in October. Their other credits include “Gotham,” “Krypton,” and “The Vampire Diaries.” They are repped by Verve.

Abrams was formerly a writer for Entertainment Weekly. As a TV writer, she has written for “Batwoman,” “Supergirl,” and “All American.”

“Gotham Knights” is the latest DC show at the CW from the Berlanti camp. In addition to “Batwoman,” Berlanti Productions currently produces “The Flash,” “Legends of Tomorrow,” “Stargirl,” and “Superman and Lois” for the broadcaster. Fellow DC shows “Arrow” and “Supergirl” recently ended.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/got...cw-1235132524/
Old 12-13-2021, 03:31 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

Ugh Tim Drake will be gay in this.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 12:33 AM   #3
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Haven't they already made him gay?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 01:39 AM   #4
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Haven't they already made him gay?
He's not gay, he's bi.

Which of course means he'll be gay forever in fiction.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 05:32 AM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord

As I told Leo, all bi men are basically gay.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 07:32 AM   #6
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
As I told Leo, all bi men are basically gay.
Yeah. In nearly every major media that has a bisexual character (which isn't much), the bi character will basically only have same sex relationships. And the fans will basically only be allowed to ship them with same sex characters as well.

Hell, in real life, I've had people literally tell me I am not a 'true bisexual' because I am in a monogamous relationship with the opposite sex. Basically, bisexuals are expected/forced to only turn to the same sex.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 02:52 PM   #7
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
Hell, in real life, I've had people literally tell me I am not a 'true bisexual' because I am in a monogamous relationship with the opposite sex. Basically, bisexuals are expected/forced to only turn to the same sex.
Always find this position hilarious. Especially in leu of the fact, that it is LGB who usually hold it. So much for being "tolerant", "accepting" and "going against stereotypes".
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 08:13 AM   #8
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Always find this position hilarious. Especially in leu of the fact, that it is LGB who usually hold it. So much for being "tolerant", "accepting" and "going against stereotypes".
There's a lot of hypocrisy in the LGBT+ community definitely, but that applies to virtually any and every group in my observation, regardless of race, religion, politics. People just suck, and are self serving when they feel like it.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 08:14 PM   #9
Leo656
The Franchise

I always feel bad for my bi friends, be they male or female. They tend to always get it from both ends (Hah-hah-hah), catching all kinds of grief from both straight people and "regular" gay people. "You're not bisexual, you're just afraid to pick a side." Like, what? That's gotta be pretty exhausting to hear all the time.

This always baffles me, whenever the marginalized groups can't get along. You'd think they'd know how it feels and not give each other so much of a hard time. But then, I genuinely believe that human nature is inherently tribal. So there's that.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 01:17 AM   #10
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

So, wait. Is it going to focous on Nightwing or Tim Drake?
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 11:10 AM   #11
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
So, wait. Is it going to focous on Nightwing or Tim Drake?
Tim and Dick are on HBOMax's Titans so I bet it might be Damian
Old 12-16-2021, 11:21 AM   #12
Coola Yagami
Overlord

"from Batwoman writers".

'nuff said. Hard pass.

Also, stop beating around the bush and actually make a good Batman show. Stop with this 'Batman's missing' or 'this is after he died' ********.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 03:05 PM   #13
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
There's a lot of hypocrisy in the LGBT+ community definitely, but that applies to virtually any and every group in my observation, regardless of race, religion, politics. People just suck, and are self serving when they feel like it.
I agree, but what I hate the most is a sheer arrogance of it: calling others out on their supposed bigotry, while being just as bigoted against people who technically belong to your own group.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 03:21 PM   #14
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Wouldn't surprise me one bit if the comics people were "encouraged" to go that route because they knew in advance this was coming, with a gay Tim Drake.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 12:55 AM   #15
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

First Two Cast Members have been announced and the characters they play reak of the Wokeness from Batwoman not surprising

Fallon Smythe & Tyler DiChiara Join CW Pilot 'Gotham Knights'

Smythe plays Harper Row. Described as streetwise, acerbic, and often underestimated, the blue-haired bisexual is a gifted engineer who can fix anything. But what Harper wants most of all is to repair the broken lives of her and her brother, Cullen, the only person she trusts.

DiChiara portrays Cullen Row. After years of hiding his true self from an abusive parent, the transgender teen is tired of being polite and agreeable. Clever and adept at reading human nature, Cullen is ready to fight his own battles.

https://deadline.com/2022/03/gotham-...se-1234972728/
Old 03-09-2022, 04:42 PM   #16
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Duela Dent and Carrie Kelly have been cast

Quote:
Olivia Rose Keegan will play Duela. Described as abrasive, unpredictable and a little unhinged, Duela is, above all, a survivor. Born in Arkham Asylum and abandoned by her father – the most dangerous man in Gotham – Duela forged herself into a brutal fighter and skilled thief.

Navia Robinson will play Carrie Kelley. Fearless, idealistic and plucky as hell, Carrie talked her way into being Batman’s unlikely sidekick. If there’s a burning building or a person in need, she’s the first to rush in. Just as long as she’s home by curfew.
https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/got...an-1235200296/

Niva Robinson is black so Carrie Kelley is black in this show another redhead turned black.
Old 03-23-2022, 09:49 AM   #17
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Mischa Collins will play Harvey Dent

https://collider.com/gotham-knights-...s-harvey-dent/
Old 03-23-2022, 01:24 PM   #18
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
So this will be in the arrowverse right ?
Is it?

Quote:
So was batwoman ? How do they explain that batman never that all these heroes including superman show up to save the day but not batman? I remember when I watched there were only hints he existed
Batman didn't exist and was never mentioned until the Batwoman show started... then it turns out he has been around the whole time, except he left Gotham and has been missing for years or something. Now he will come back to die, I guess? Assuming this is Arrowverse?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 11:44 PM   #19
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Spoiler Stephanie Brown is in this show

Quote:
Deadline reports that All American actress Anna Lore is the latest addition to the cast of The CW's Gotham Knights pilot. She's landed a lead role as Stephanie Brown, a character in the comic books who has gone by Spoiler and Robin. In the main DC Universe (outside of The Dark Knight Returns), she was the first female superhero to hold the mantle.
https://comicbookmovie.com/tv/dc/bat...2871#gs.vkurh1
Old 03-28-2022, 11:52 PM   #20
Leo656
The Franchise

Holy SH*T, they cast a white girl to play a white girl? Jesus, it's been years since that happened. Sure this isn't an April Fool's Day prank?

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote