The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-18-2022, 02:24 AM   #21
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I didn’t remember Jay and Silent Bob. Just looked up their cameo.

I thought of Saw. I only saw the first but the traps and mystery behind both villains seem to fit well.

It doesn’t necessarily need to be another horror icon. It could be another series that’s about solving murders. Maybe a TV show. I watched Bones. It ended but it’d be cool if those characters returned to their roles to help solve a Scream case.

Edit: Sarah Michelle Gellar appeared in I Know and Scream 2. Not a contradiction. Just a fun fact. I don’t remember how those movies end but I’m sure it could work.

I Know what makes you Scream - would be a cool title.

Last edited by Wildcat; 03-18-2022 at 02:45 AM.
Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 03:17 AM   #22
Leo656
The Franchise

Are you a fanfic writer? I kinda get that vibe from you.

Just asking.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 03:39 AM   #23
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Are you a fanfic writer? I kinda get that vibe from you.

Just asking.
No. I’m guessing that’s not a compliment

Like I’ve said I love see how far you can take an idea and expand on it but I’ve never written anything out. I should though. Just don’t really have time for it.
Old 03-18-2022, 04:03 AM   #24
Leo656
The Franchise

The question was a polite way of saying "You often have a lot of very wacky ideas", yeah.

I mean not altogether a compliment but also not altogether an insult. I write. It's just not stuff people read. Just self-amusement, really. There's maybe three people who've read any of it but it's a very tight-knit group. Not an easy club to get into.

Old 03-18-2022, 04:44 AM   #25
Wildcat
Foot Elite

It probably doesn’t seem like it on here but I understand how there needs to be a certain balance to things. I’ve actually written some stuff too. Original ideas and I’ve spent a lot of time working out details and order. I’ve never shared them though because I’m not finished.

I just honestly think a lot of things can actually work and be built on as things go along.

In the case of Scream the Bones tv characters were an FBI agent and Forensic team. It probably seems silly but both take place in the real world and deal will catching a killer. Other crime shows could work it’s just the one I watched and the I Know movies were similar so definitely.
Old 03-18-2022, 08:02 PM   #26
Shark_Blade
Emperor

They better not kill Gale now. Uh uh.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 09:01 PM   #27
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Probably because no matter how people keep pushing for it it is objectively the dumbest thing ever and would irreparably jump the shark from being "lightly self-satirical" into full-blown self-parody. There's no way to present it without it seeming false with who the characters are and how they've always been portrayed as people. It would blatantly be some "We are officially out of ideas." Like how in that one Critters sequel the guy who spent the whole series trying to wipe them out was now allied with them because "Eh, that's the only thing we didn't do yet." Made no sense and was dumb.

"Gail decides to go on a killing spree so she can write another book off of it"? Dumb. Plausible in a sense, but dumb.

"Sidney randomly snaps and starts killing people because It's All Just To Much"? Dumb. That is not at all how or why people become serial killers. Her killing herself due to all her trauma instead is 1000% more likely and is a thing people who've been traumatized in such fashion actually do. They don't become copycat serial killers, that has literally never happened.

Plus, in the latter, it sounds very much like Neve would not sign up for that movie anyway. She talks a lot about how Sidney has become the "ultimate survivor" and a role model for women who are recovering from trauma, and she has said out loud that she doesn't think she would sign on for a movie where Sidney was killed because it would undermine what the character has come to mean to so many people. If she wouldn't want to do a movie where Sidney gets killed, I highly doubt she would agree to one where she becomes the murderer, either, for exactly the same reasons. She'd probably rather agree to have her killed off if it came down to one or the other.

If the only way you can milk one more movie is to do a plotline which assassinates the characters people still care about for the sake of a "shocking" twist (which would not even be shocking because, as noted, "It's the only thing they HAVEN'T done yet"), then you may as well just call it a day and quit while you're ahead.
Oh man. Thank you so damn much for this. I was about to write something like this about the 'creative twist' of Gale or Sid being the next killer(s). It's so dumb, it's extremely creatively bankrupt just like The Fifth Turtle crap in the TMNT franchise.

Also, I agree with Campbell about Sid. As a woman who's gone through a lot of trauma, I have to say, I loved her arc throughout the movies, and I actually really liked that she got married, and is now a mother herself, and seems pretty happy with her new family. It'd be so gross to take that away just for a 'twist' everyone would see coming... Sadly, this is Hollywood, and sadly, the fans would probably love it anyway.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 09:22 PM   #28
Leo656
The Franchise

They'd hoot and holler in the moment, but in that moment everything good about the character and the series would be erased for a cheap "shock", which wouldn't even be shocking.

It's the kinda sh*t drunk/stoned people ramble about at Denny's after they see a movie and are just shooting the sh*t. "DUDE, wouldn't it be cool in the NEXT one if..." But sh*t like that always falls apart completely the second you even think about it. "No, it wouldn't be cool, it would be hack-y garbage. Use your noodle."

Could it happen? Sure, anything can. Everybody's got a price, if they offered Neve enough money to assassinate her character she just might, and she'd do the media rounds talking about how it made sense because "Sidney's story was over, and this is how we close that book for good and hand it over to the new generation"... but you know that in reality she'd hate it, and it would be sad to see and hear her go through that whole spiel.

I mean even Jamie Lee Curtis tried to put over being killed off in past Halloween movies that have since been retconned out. At the time she pretended to justify it but before too long she was like, "Yeah, no, that was garbage, I was furious." I just REALLY don't like to even see things like that happen. And they're preventable and avoidable. We just don't need to go there.

Old 05-09-2022, 09:26 PM   #29
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
It's the kinda sh*t drunk/stoned people ramble about at Denny's after they see a movie and are just shooting the sh*t. "DUDE, wouldn't it be cool in the NEXT one if..." But sh*t like that always falls apart completely the second you even think about it. "No, it wouldn't be cool, it would be hack-y garbage. Use your noodle."
Ugh, you know, I feel like most Hollywood writers now are like stoned people who ramble about crap at Denny's. Maybe also throw in, "and man, maybe we should put some REAL social messages in the movies, too!!!"

Quote:
Could it happen? Sure, anything can. Everybody's got a price, if they offered Neve enough money to assassinate her character she just might, and she'd do the media rounds talking about how it made sense because "Sidney's story was over, and this is how we close that book for good and hand it over to the new generation"... but you know that in reality she'd hate it, and it would be sad to see and hear her go through that whole spiel.

I mean even Jamie Lee Curtis tried to put over being killed off in past Halloween movies that have since been retconned out. At the time she pretended to justify it but before too long she was like, "Yeah, no, that was garbage, I was furious." I just REALLY don't like to even see things like that happen. And they're preventable and avoidable. We just don't need to go there.
You're absolutely right, and it sucks to me. I wish these actors would just say "no" to this stuff, especially if they do feel strongly about it. I get that they have families to feed-- er, mansions and yachts to pay off, but still. Is the paycheck really worth it? The answer is usually "yes"...
Old 05-09-2022, 09:34 PM   #30
Leo656
The Franchise

Christian Bale is making a Marvel movie.

If we needed any further proof that "art" and "cinema" are dead, that's it right there. Nobody has any integrity anymore, they're all just whores, the rest is just a matter of negotiation.

Old 05-09-2022, 10:54 PM   #31
Prowler
Emperor

I didn't know there were 6 Scream movies already. But I guess I'm not surprised.

As for Marvel... I don't watch those movies. I doubt I'd enjoy them. Much as I love Scarlett Johansson, I'm not sure that's good enough of a reason to force myself to watch the Black Widow movie. A character I know nothing about.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 11:27 PM   #32
Leo656
The Franchise

It's more or less an unwritten rule that if you liked "Man of Steel", you're gonna hate most Marvel movies. It just seems to run that way for most people. Disney/Marvel and WB/DC simply don't even try and attract the same type of audience at all; there's some crossover but even within that most people have a strong preference towards one or the other, and it goes far beyond which characters they like better. Their respective approach to super-hero movies in general couldn't be more different, most of the time.

I just mentioned the "Christian Bale doing a Marvel movie" thing because once upon a time, he presented himself exclusively as an "actor's actor", one who was only in the business for the love of craft, someone who loathed "blockbuster" movies or general audience fare. He wasn't even interested in Batman until they convinced him it was going to be a "real movie" and not a "silly little comic book movie" like Spider-Man or something. He was never interested in being a "movie star" in the conventional sense.

And now, he's doing a Marvel movie because if you want to keep working in Hollywood anymore, you pretty much have to. And it's sad. I'm sure he feels dirty, but bills on the mansion don't pay themselves I guess. But it pretty much goes against everything he professed to be about for as long as he's been in the business. In the past, he seemed rather offended when anyone even suggested that he'd ever do mainstream, casual-audience stuff like that.

I think most accusations of "selling out" are bullsh*t but I don't know what else you'd call it in his case.

Old 05-09-2022, 11:52 PM   #33
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

You don't like one of the existing, surviving characters becoming a killer? OK. Fine. I get it. What is a great Scream Part 6 story concept that is satisfying to old and new audiences and isn't rehashing anything from before?*

GO!

*: Because this isn't James Bond. "Bring in a new batch of kids and guess the 2 killers from the brand new characters" every 2-3 years probably isn't going to cut it. They can maybe do it every 10 years.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 04:39 AM   #34
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
You don't like one of the existing, surviving characters becoming a killer? OK. Fine. I get it. What is a great Scream Part 6 story concept that is satisfying to old and new audiences and isn't rehashing anything from before?*

GO!

*: Because this isn't James Bond. "Bring in a new batch of kids and guess the 2 killers from the brand new characters" every 2-3 years probably isn't going to cut it. They can maybe do it every 10 years.
I think the franchise should have stopped with 3. After that, it's just been basically rehashing a lot of elements of 1-3. I thought 4 was overall pointless, and the meta commentary on reboots was okay, though not as fresh as what was in 1-3. I liked 5 mostly because we got to see Sid happy, I wasn't super crazy about Dewey and Gale's marriage going down the tubes.

At this point, I'd much rather they retire Sid and Gale, and just keep doing stuff with the new characters if they're going to insist on continuing this franchise. Maybe go back to basics, and have one of the survivors from 5 go through trauma they're struggling to deal with. Not sure who they'd use in this case since there wasn't too much focus on a specific newb this time around like there was with Sid. See, the problem is that the franchise is chugging along. Either way, having the killer be Gale or Sid is an awful idea, and it's really not as revolutionary as you think it is.
Old 05-10-2022, 01:39 PM   #35
Leo656
The Franchise

Yeah, I'm fine with things just ending, and agree it's long overdue.

None of the money goes inti my pocket, so when franchises carry on long past their relevance I just find it vulgar when they keep getting brought back or recycled just to cash in on the name. I'd rather see them end before they get retarded.

Nothing does, because people are greedy, but it doesn't change the fact that it would be better off if more things just ended organically.

Kinda like how there's at least five too many "Saw" movies.

Old 05-10-2022, 01:42 PM   #36
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

If one of the OGs has to become the killer, though, I'd cast my vote for Gale, not Sydney. 200%.
Old 05-11-2022, 09:14 PM   #37
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Hey, cool. Hayden Panetierre returns from Scream 4.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/hayden-...-for-scream-6/
Old 05-11-2022, 09:30 PM   #38
Leo656
The Franchise

Would still smash.

Old 06-06-2022, 04:54 PM   #39
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Neve Campbell... passes on the movie?

https://movieweb.com/neve-campbell-p...box=1654541944
Old 06-06-2022, 05:07 PM   #40
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Neve Campbell... passes on the movie?

https://movieweb.com/neve-campbell-p...box=1654541944
Good.

Her arc is done. And killing her or making her the killer are lazy and predictable outcomes for the sequel anyhow.

Let the sequel sink or swim based on the n00bs if they're going to insist on making more of these.