The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 06-18-2020, 10:37 AM   #841
Weapons@theready
Hench Mutant

Here?s to hoping for Tokka and Rahzar for holiday 2020
Weapons@theready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 02:26 PM   #842
Bluelightsaber
Thug

I question Randy's actual fanness of TMNT. At one of the conventions they misspelled Rahzar on the placard as Rahza and in multiple instances Randy kept calling him Rahza. Like Raw-zuh.

And then there's April...
Bluelightsaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 04:06 PM   #843
Otter
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluelightsaber View Post
I question Randy's actual fanness of TMNT. At one of the conventions they misspelled Rahzar on the placard as Rahza and in multiple instances Randy kept calling him Rahza. Like Raw-zuh.

I feel like he's already said he doesn't like SotO, so no surprises there.
He's also explicitly stated that Trevor is running the Turtles show over at NECA.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 12:23 PM   #844
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluelightsaber View Post

Yeah I noticed that too when the Toy Fair pictures started showing up.
Hopefully they will get it right on the final packaging.
SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 01:08 PM   #845
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Kakarot View Post
Yeah I noticed that too when the Toy Fair pictures started showing up.
Hopefully they will get it right on the final packaging.
I never noticed that, however, I wasn?t really looking
Old 08-11-2020, 10:05 AM   #846
ls1z28
Hench Mutant

Was spirit of splinter a GameStop exclusive?? Pre order or could it be found in the wild?
ls1z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 10:08 AM   #847
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

Dudes, I only want a 1:4 Splinter and nothing else. I don't care about April, Casey, or SOTO stuff!
LeoRaDoMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 10:14 AM   #848
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1z28 View Post
Was spirit of splinter a GameStop exclusive?? Pre order or could it be found in the wild?
Far as I know it was a Loot Crate exclusive, at least in the US.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 10:27 AM   #849
Shogun26
Mad Scientist

i really wish i wouldnt have returned my gamestop splinter. If anyone has an extra MISB and would sell for cost + shipping, please let me know. thanks!

Guys...I think Turtle Mania is back for good.
Shogun26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 10:33 AM   #850
ls1z28
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
Far as I know it was a Loot Crate exclusive, at least in the US.
Oh ok. That explains the $200 + I?ve seen on line. Where do you sign up for the loot crate ?
Old 08-11-2020, 10:35 AM   #851
ls1z28
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRaDoMic View Post
Dudes, I only want a 1:4 Splinter and nothing else. I don't care about April, Casey, or SOTO stuff!
Put a trap with food out side, surely you?ll catch a real live one... lol

On a serious note, I?m sure he?s coming .. I mean we have Shredder and a foot soldier...
Old 08-11-2020, 12:34 PM   #852
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

Quote:
Put a trap with food out side, surely you?ll catch a real live one... lol

On a serious note, I?m sure he?s coming .. I mean we have Shredder and a foot soldier...
Hahaha, yeah probably around the same size.

But yeah Randy announced him in a Pixeldan video but it taking them so long.... I really expect something wonderful due the long period of time between 1:4 Shredder and possibly Splinter.

To me they're focussing too much on the 7" line atm and forget what it all started for them and the fans. I have zero interest in the 7" line.
Old 08-11-2020, 01:09 PM   #853
Leo656
The Franchise

Business is business.

Way, way, way more people collect toys in 7-inch scale than the 1:4 scale, and that's just a fact of life. Sure, they can sell the 1:4 stuff at a higher price point, but only to "hardcore" collectors and/or people with a lot of money. If we're being totally unbiased and leaving everything else out of it except for "What are they going to sell a ton more units of", it makes way more sense for them to focus on the 7" scale predominantly because even though they're cheaper, they'll move more, and thus probably make a lot more money.

Whenever I skim any forums about toys, I see a LOT of people harping on, "Well, this is what *I* want," or "*I* don't care about _____," when it comes to any and every single toy line that comes out, but that always comes off as very arrogant, to me, even if that isn't the tone people are trying to express. It feels like they forget that these companies are trying to 1. Make a profit, above all else, not cater exclusively to personal tastes, and 2. Reach millions of potential customers, and not only a few. There's plenty of things I don't care about, for example, but I'd never bang on about it because even if it's something I'd never buy for myself, I'm glad they exist for people who ARE interested.

Like for me, it's stuff like ReAction figures and FunkoPOP figures. I'd never buy them but I'm glad they exist for people who like 'em.

NECA apparently isn't a very large company. I haven't paid close attention to their 1:4 output, so I don't know how long it's been since they did anything with it, but if they took a break from it to focus primarily on the 7-inch scale, deductive reasoning tells us that they probably make a lot more money from 7" toys. Lord knows I am NO apologist for NECA, I've given them a ton of sh*t for the way they do business. But at the end of the day, it's not personal, it IS just business. Their main obligation is always going to be what keeps them in profit.

I know it's frustrating, but I'd try and look at it like this: Hopefully, if they continue to do well and make a lot of money with their current output, it will allow them to once again use their resources for making more toys in the 1:4 scale and other such things.

I love variety, even if there's things I'd never buy, and having holes in the collection sucks no matter what a person collects, so I truly do empathize. Try and have a little faith and patience. I know it's frustrating, but who knows? The fact that they have so much 7" stuff coming out must imply they're making money. If they make enough money, hopefully they'll get back to 1:4 more frequently.

I wouldn't buy them, but for you and others who want them, I sincerely hope they find a way to do it, sooner rather than later. But I understand they're always going to go with what sells more, that's just the sad facts of business with a not-so-large company like NECA.

Don't get me wrong, though, I hope you get what you want. I always hope EVERYONE gets what they want.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 01:13 PM   #854
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Oh ok. That explains the $200 + I?ve seen on line. Where do you sign up for the loot crate ?
Lootcrate.com

That one is long gone though, as are the next three themed crates which are Mirage, Arcade, and Toon.

Basically, if you want a TMNT loot crate you're out of luck until they announce something new which hopefully won't be for a long time since they haven't even fulfilled the last three crates yet.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 04:20 PM   #855
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRaDoMic View Post
I feel ya. I am also a 1/4 collector. I feel like it will be worth the wait. The do a proper 1/4 scale figure I think NECA realizes some details need to be even finer so I rather them no rush it. I rather we get the best representation of Splinter, Casey and April.
In the mean time, will see how the 1/4 toon turtles work out. Almost tempted to keep a set MOC
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 04:55 PM   #856
TCRI
Hench Mutant

I almost bought a 1:4 turtle, but I just don't have the space and didn't want it to dominate my room.

I used to have the giant turtles as a kid. My mum or someone teased me about them being dolls (they felt doll-like). SO that sticks at the back of mind too

If it wasn't for the 1:4 movie turtles we probably wouldn't have had the 7" scale.
Old 08-11-2020, 05:05 PM   #857
Leo656
The Franchise

All fair and true.

If I bought one Turtle in that scale, I'd need all four, and I don't have room for even one. So I just admire them from afar with eyes full of envy.

1:4 begat 7". If they keep selling tons of 7", they might do more 1:4. "Circle Of Life", and all that.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 09:34 PM   #858
Slime State Alumni
Hench Mutant

I'm shameless and will get any turtles stuff regardless of scale - as long as it's available to purchase I guess.
Old 08-12-2020, 04:14 AM   #859
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Business is business.

Way, way, way more people collect toys in 7-inch scale than the 1:4 scale, and that's just a fact of life. Sure, they can sell the 1:4 stuff at a higher price point, but only to "hardcore" collectors and/or people with a lot of money. If we're being totally unbiased and leaving everything else out of it except for "What are they going to sell a ton more units of", it makes way more sense for them to focus on the 7" scale predominantly because even though they're cheaper, they'll move more, and thus probably make a lot more money.

Whenever I skim any forums about toys, I see a LOT of people harping on, "Well, this is what *I* want," or "*I* don't care about _____," when it comes to any and every single toy line that comes out, but that always comes off as very arrogant, to me, even if that isn't the tone people are trying to express. It feels like they forget that these companies are trying to 1. Make a profit, above all else, not cater exclusively to personal tastes, and 2. Reach millions of potential customers, and not only a few. There's plenty of things I don't care about, for example, but I'd never bang on about it because even if it's something I'd never buy for myself, I'm glad they exist for people who ARE interested.

Like for me, it's stuff like ReAction figures and FunkoPOP figures. I'd never buy them but I'm glad they exist for people who like 'em.

NECA apparently isn't a very large company. I haven't paid close attention to their 1:4 output, so I don't know how long it's been since they did anything with it, but if they took a break from it to focus primarily on the 7-inch scale, deductive reasoning tells us that they probably make a lot more money from 7" toys. Lord knows I am NO apologist for NECA, I've given them a ton of sh*t for the way they do business. But at the end of the day, it's not personal, it IS just business. Their main obligation is always going to be what keeps them in profit.

I know it's frustrating, but I'd try and look at it like this: Hopefully, if they continue to do well and make a lot of money with their current output, it will allow them to once again use their resources for making more toys in the 1:4 scale and other such things.

I love variety, even if there's things I'd never buy, and having holes in the collection sucks no matter what a person collects, so I truly do empathize. Try and have a little faith and patience. I know it's frustrating, but who knows? The fact that they have so much 7" stuff coming out must imply they're making money. If they make enough money, hopefully they'll get back to 1:4 more frequently.

I wouldn't buy them, but for you and others who want them, I sincerely hope they find a way to do it, sooner rather than later. But I understand they're always going to go with what sells more, that's just the sad facts of business with a not-so-large company like NECA.

Don't get me wrong, though, I hope you get what you want. I always hope EVERYONE gets what they want.

Yeah I understand they do what would bring most money for them. I'm 100% sure that the 7" line is more profitable for them. But also they always say they're there for the fans. It's taking them so long that I'm almost losing interest. But nice of you you're still hoping for me they fullfill my wish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
I feel ya. I am also a 1/4 collector. I feel like it will be worth the wait. The do a proper 1/4 scale figure I think NECA realizes some details need to be even finer so I rather them no rush it. I rather we get the best representation of Splinter, Casey and April.
In the mean time, will see how the 1/4 toon turtles work out. Almost tempted to keep a set MOC

Nice to have a 1:4 like-minded Dromer . Agree not to rush it. I'm even hoping on real fur for this one! I have no interest in the 1:4 toon stuff. I especially only have the 1:4 TMNT and Shredder as a centerpiece of the collection. The reason behind it is the fact that's it's the best incarnation of the turtles imo so they deserve the best spot, on top of my 190 cm bookcases. Everything else is smaller and less prominent like it should be according to me. I don't think the 1:4 toon Turtles will sell that well and I prefer this incaration in 7". For me, the 1:4 preference for the 1990 figures also has something to do with realism and darkness. The goofy Toon Turtles in that scale wouldn't contribute to my interior at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCRI View Post
I almost bought a 1:4 turtle, but I just don't have the space and didn't want it to dominate my room.

I used to have the giant turtles as a kid. My mum or someone teased me about them being dolls (they felt doll-like). SO that sticks at the back of mind too

If it wasn't for the 1:4 movie turtles we probably wouldn't have had the 7" scale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
All fair and true.

If I bought one Turtle in that scale, I'd need all four, and I don't have room for even one. So I just admire them from afar with eyes full of envy.

1:4 begat 7". If they keep selling tons of 7", they might do more 1:4. "Circle Of Life", and all that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slime State Alumni View Post
I'm shameless and will get any turtles stuff regardless of scale - as long as it's available to purchase I guess.
I have plenty of room but never want something that is too dominant. That's why they are my holy grail. I'm a very selective and unique collector, and only need the core. So 1:4 Foot, April, Casey, Tatsu are not important to me and certainly won't buy them. I have a special place for Splinter in front of Shredder. While I have room for them all, even on top of my bookcases, I just want those and nothing more.

And no double things for me. Toon turtles in 7" and movie turtles in 1:4.

In my opinion the art of collecting is not to buy it all but to be selective and excel in things like displaying, organizing and structuring. If you've the money you can buy everything online, no real art at all and it would be quickly chaotic and bombastic.

BTW: new Michelangelo head sculpt looks awesome reminds me of the scene with Don when he waits for pizza and talk a bit about Splinter.

Raph also looks nice, the face when Splinter introduces him to April and he put his say in his mouth like a toothpick. But not better than his first face.

Don is good and nice to have him with open mouth because he was also funny in the movie and maybe laughs just as much a Mike.

Unfortunately my favorite Turtle Leo seems like a downgrade, that what you get when the first one is perfect