The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-17-2018, 08:52 AM   #1
Vegita-San
Emperor

The Dating Thread

Wanted to continue this elsewhere without derailing the other thread...

>>
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
I have to chime in on the relationship bit here. I know some feel they are a waste, and better off without, but my own personal feeling/experience is that I have NEVER regretted mine, am far happier in mine than I ever was before we were together, and we have had, in over 21 years together, a total of FIVE "big fights". A few minor tiffs, but most were just little bickering arguments that blew over in minutes. Differences of opinion mostly. But even with all the problems we've had- mostly health-related, and a few financial issues- we've never "fallen out of love", and are as close and happy together now as we were in the beginning. Closer, even, given that we both know the other is there for each other no matter what. That's what REAL love is all about, and how it should be.

As for the rest, I fully believe that happiness is a personal thing, no you shouldn't "rely" on another for it, but if you find "the right one" to share it WITH, happiness is multiplied. Happiness is about what you want out of life and whether you have that and who you choose to share it with (if anyone), not what you HAVE, or how successful you are. Kids, even, are not a measure of happiness, unless that's what you really want. I am glad I had one, and for where/how she is now, but I would not go through that again, and had never intended to in the first place, but I am still happy, that she is here, and that she is a part of us that will live on.
>>>>

Pretty much this is my current situation.

I've only been on three what I would call 'official' dates. but there have been less official parties and events that where more casual.. all have been in high school. and back when I Was thinner and slightly better looking. but no less more confident.

My luck in life is so bad, I sometimes feel like I Was cursed in a past life. If I want to achieve something, it usually doesn't work out.

now, out of high school for a long time, I'm still short, but fatter....and a lot less social confidence to think anyone would be interested. Especially considering the standard definition of husband for women on my facebook feed seems to be about a foot taller than the girl and a 40 day beard. even for the shorter women heh.

I've also all but given up hope. the last time I thought someone might be interested, I asked for her email..and the look of shock and horror I got the next day after asking her out to coffee one day was all the confirmation to know I mis judged again.

and to make matters worse, at this age, anyone i probably would be into is probably married or dating already anyway. I'd have to find a nurse or a career woman who's to busy for dating at this point...

So, that's my sad story in a nut shell.

other than that, more or less as happy as one can be, and healthy as one can be at this age. just want to give another side of life a try to see if It's as worthwhile as everyone says and I hope it is. nothing worse than dying alone and forgotten

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
love actually, whats wrong with me