The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you gotten the COVID vaccine?
Yes, I have gotten the COVID vaccine 52 77.61%
No, I have not gotten the COVID vaccine 15 22.39%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-15-2021, 09:36 PM   #21
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Well crap. The 1st Moderna gave me injection sight pain for a few days I hate to think what round 2 does.
I wouldn't worry, it's not inevitable that it will be worse.

I also got Moderna and the only thing I got both times was a really sore arm and minor swelling. It did last a bit longer the 2nd time, but I had no ill feelings, no headache... none of that.

edit: Oh, and no magnetism either.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-15-2021 at 09:52 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 10:10 PM   #22
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

2nd Moderna shot, that night I was fine. But I woke up with severe chills, cold sweats, and joint pain.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 10:12 PM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord

Never had a side effect from the second shot, maybe a little dizzyness but it went away on the car ride home.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 10:40 PM   #24
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
maybe a little dizzyness but it went away on the car ride home.
That's why I take someone with me with this sort of thing, I've got a history of feeling light headed or close to passing over over needles and would rather not drive, but that's all got to do with me and nothing that was ever in it. (And the worst one is the one that's taking out of you instead.) I envy people whose worst fears are things they can just avoid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
2nd Moderna shot, that night I was fine. But I woke up with severe chills, cold sweats, and joint pain.
That stinks. A friend of mine likewise go the fever chills for a day, though she's the only one I know who did.

Mom and sister were just blah/fatigued for a day. Uncle (lives here at present)...nothing. Guess I take after that side.

edit: Another friend who got Pfizer, and is a bit of a hypochondriac and was worried about getting ill, got nothing at all with the second, not even any arm pain.
Old 06-16-2021, 01:04 AM   #25
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Poll is lacking, needs to be "partly" or "fully" vaccinated heh.

Had my first last month, second is next month.
Old 06-16-2021, 02:57 PM   #26
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Poll is lacking, needs to be "partly" or "fully" vaccinated heh.

Had my first last month, second is next month.
For the purpose of the poll/thread, I would say that's a yes.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 08:03 AM   #27
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Compared to the 3+ million people who have died worldwide?
Only 6% of those died OF covid. 94% died from other issues and would have died from the flu or gunshot wound to the chest or from the car accident that decapitated them.

Not to mention, the vaxx still isn't fda approved outside of "emergency use".
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 04:18 PM   #28
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I'm sure the Alpha Variant would love to meet you...
Old 06-19-2021, 12:28 AM   #29
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Not yet, just haven't really had the time to get around to it. Mr D is now fully vacced though, with no real side effects. He did start getting really sick right after the second shot, but that was unrelated. An infection hidden under the skin bed of his foot stump, where a pressure wound was. It ended up with an amputation, but the vaccine itself had nothing to do with any of that.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 03:07 AM   #30
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I'm sure the Alpha Variant would love to meet you...
Is that the latest variant the liberal media is trying to scare everyone with? *yawn* Last I heard was the "Delta Variant," but it turned out the current vaccines work fine against it (not that it was even more deadly, only reportedly more contagious... possibly).
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 03:52 AM   #31
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Nope. I won't. I'm not hesitant about it, I'm resolute about that. Why do I need a vaccine from a disease that has a 99.9% recovery rate when I'm generally healthy? Plus even the media-idolized Dr. Fauci admits they have no clue about whether the vaccine prevents transmissibility or infection:

Quote:
"That's the reason why I keep saying that even though you get vaccinated, we should not eliminate, at all, public health measures like wearing masks because we don't know yet what the effect [of the vaccine] is on transmissibility," he told Newsweek.

What else do we not know about the virus? "We don't know what we don't know," Fauci said.

"We don't know that vaccinating people prevents infection. We certainly know that it [vaccination] prevents symptomatic disease, we don't know if it prevents infection," he added.
https://www.newsweek.com/coronavirus...travel-1558303

As for the unvaccinated "fueling variants", have people not read that the vaccine itself could fuel variants?

A vaccine is supposed to provide immunity to the virus, protect recipients from getting the virus, reduce deaths, infections, circulation and transmission of the virus. Uh....so is this COVID jab even a vaccine at all by definition, if even Fauci doesn't even know if it does the above?

Plus this vaccine has been rushed for Emergency Use Authorization, skipped animal trials, and has a surge of vaccine related adverse deaths unlike from years past with other vaccines, with almost 6,000 deaths and over 350,000+ reports (ranging from minor to major) of adverse effects. Furthermore, I'm not going to trust Big Pharma's own studies until I see other independent peer-reviewed studies about this vaccine, when Big Pharma has a laundry list of criminal activity for decades and they have legal immunity from any adverse effects from their vaccine. ...It's so safe they say, but yet they are not legally liable?

Plus, Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine have shown their efficacy against COVID-19 despite the politicized mainstream media propaganda against them.

Last edited by Refractive Reflections; 06-19-2021 at 04:19 AM.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 05:07 AM   #32
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Nope. And it's gonna stay that way.

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 04:51 PM   #33
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refractive Reflections View Post
As for the unvaccinated "fueling variants", have people not read that the vaccine itself could fuel variants?

A vaccine is supposed to provide immunity to the virus, protect recipients from getting the virus, reduce deaths, infections, circulation and transmission of the virus. Uh....so is this COVID jab even a vaccine at all by definition, if even Fauci doesn't even know if it does the above?
You might well recover alright, as in not have Covid , but if you fancy taking your chances of then living with life long permanent lung, brain, heart, nervous system damage as a result of “long Covid”... feel free to take the Russian roulette non vaccine route. Mate of mine died yesterday after a 14 month long battle against Covid. It absolutely ****ed him up. While an extreme case, any one of the many potential problems he dealt with could happen to anyone else.

To address the two points above. First, if you knew anything about virology (and my late mother in law certainly did, it was her Masters and she worked on finding trigger genes for certain cancers including breast cancer) that yes, a virus has to try and mutate to stay relevant in a vaccinated environment. Thing is, it’s far more readily able to mutate in a non vaccinated system as it has a lot more hosts and greater ability to duplicate and spread.

Second, your questions about what a vaccine is supposed to do. The Covid vaccines certainly do provide immunity. Nobody said 100%, and that actually applies to many other disease vaccines, not just for Covid. It is possible to have both vaccines and still suffer the effects of Covid after, I’ve had two people I know go through it. This also follows on to both getting the virus subsequently and transmission. I don’t know why the fixation on Fauci and his emails, but anyone reading broadly enough will see research pointing to massive reductions in likelihood for both, but again not 100%, which likewise applies to other disease vaccines too.

Basically if you are double jabbed, you can still get Covid, you can still suffer the effects, if you appear symptomatic while having it you can still transmit it, but it’s magnitudes less likely compared to some anti vax tin foil hat wearing non mask wearing naysayer. And breathe...

The sweeping vaccination program here in the U.K. has certainly brought the deaths down, in fact we had 0 deaths one day recently. The new delta variant and the restriction easing is seeing cases rise worryingly, but the hospitalisation rate rises are much lower, and deaths even slower. Still have to work on getting the under 30s jabbed as they are the main sufferers of delta right now.
Old 06-19-2021, 05:57 PM   #34
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Mate of mine died yesterday after a 14 month long battle against Covid. It absolutely ****ed him up. While an extreme case, any one of the many potential problems he dealt with could happen to anyone else.
Condolences. Poor guy, how awful to deal with it for that incredibly long, and ultimately lose to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refractive Reflections View Post
Did you read it? It does not say the vaccine would cause it, if that's what you're suggesting... All that article really talks about is concern over the timing of getting a 2nd dose and when people were, at that time, questioning if it was a better strategy to spread available doses out to get more people partly vaccinated sooner, instead of having 2nd doses on hold.

The "fuel" concern it talks about being that people who only have the 1st dose would have a weaker immune response than they would with 2 doses, that the virus could use to its advantage if it were to mutate under the "training wheels," so to speak, of only partial vaccination that isn't strong enough and mutates to bypass it.

It does not say the vaccine itself causes mutations...

Anyone unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated and isn't taking precautions is playing the part of a willing host to allow this virus and pandemic the opportunity to continue.

And if some insist on slapping a "Vacancy" sign on their forehead for the virus and invite it over to stay, then I hope like heck the vaccines the rest of us got hold up against any present or future variants, because if people allow it to keep up and mutate to the point that these vaccines are no good... people will have every right to be pretty ticked off about that.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-19-2021 at 06:47 PM.
Old 06-19-2021, 06:34 PM   #35
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

Yup got my second shot abt 2 weeks ago. Felt nothing at all both shots. NOTHING!

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 08:51 PM   #36
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

What is this witchcraft you speak of.
Old 06-20-2021, 12:43 AM   #37
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

A purely hypothetical question, would you be willing to take the covid vaccine if it protected you against the virus, but made you permanently sterile?
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 04:24 AM   #38
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

I got my first Pfizer jab into my arm within the first week of the month. A sore shoulder was all I got. My last vaccine will be sometime within the coming week.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 10:42 AM   #39
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
A purely hypothetical question, would you be willing to take the covid vaccine if it protected you against the virus, but made you permanently sterile?
For some people that might be an encouragement.

Though not much point in fictional hypothetical questions. What's the point of searching for reasons that people wouldn't get it? Question sounds as if it assumes people are getting a shot because they love doing that.

A vaccine that somehow caused sterility, but was still safe and useful against Covid, would probably just be reserved for seniors and anyone past middle age (including men who are certain they no longer want the hassle and cost of a kid), and they'd work to make another for younger adults.
Old 06-20-2021, 04:14 PM   #40
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Did you read it? It does not say the vaccine would cause it, if that's what you're suggesting... All that article really talks about is concern over the timing of getting a 2nd dose and when people were, at that time, questioning if it was a better strategy to spread available doses out to get more people partly vaccinated sooner, instead of having 2nd doses on hold.

The "fuel" concern it talks about being that people who only have the 1st dose would have a weaker immune response than they would with 2 doses, that the virus could use to its advantage if it were to mutate under the "training wheels," so to speak, of only partial vaccination that isn't strong enough and mutates to bypass it.

It does not say the vaccine itself causes mutations...

Anyone unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated and isn't taking precautions is playing the part of a willing host to allow this virus and pandemic the opportunity to continue.

And if some insist on slapping a "Vacancy" sign on their forehead for the virus and invite it over to stay, then I hope like heck the vaccines the rest of us got hold up against any present or future variants, because if people allow it to keep up and mutate to the point that these vaccines are no good... people will have every right to be pretty ticked off about that.
...But when are these vaccines being implemented? The point is, is that you don't vaccinate during a pandemic.

Quote:
Paul Bieniasz, a Howard Hughes investigator at the Rockefeller University, is particularly concerned this could happen between the time of an initial vaccination and a second shot to maximize the immune response.

"They might serve as a sort of a breeding ground for the virus to acquire new mutations," he says.

This issue is part of a debate over the best timing of vaccine doses. Some scientists have argued that it would be better to use the scarce vaccines to give first doses to as many people as possible, so the maximum number of people have at least partial immunity. That could help slow the spread of the virus.

Bieniasz worries that would also hasten the evolution of new strains of virus.

Scientists simply don't know how this will play out. For one thing, it's unclear whether the first shot of a vaccine is strong enough to prevent the virus from multiplying inside someone and being abundant enough to spread to somebody else. If the virus can't spread, how it has evolved in an individual becomes irrelevant.
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...irus-mutations
--------
Quote:
You might well recover alright, as in not have Covid , but if you fancy taking your chances of then living with life long permanent lung, brain, heart, nervous system damage as a result of “long Covid”... feel free to take the Russian roulette non vaccine route. Mate of mine died yesterday after a 14 month long battle against Covid. It absolutely ****ed him up. While an extreme case, any one of the many potential problems he dealt with could happen to anyone else.

To address the two points above. First, if you knew anything about virology (and my late mother in law certainly did, it was her Masters and she worked on finding trigger genes for certain cancers including breast cancer) that yes, a virus has to try and mutate to stay relevant in a vaccinated environment. Thing is, it’s far more readily able to mutate in a non vaccinated system as it has a lot more hosts and greater ability to duplicate and spread.

Second, your questions about what a vaccine is supposed to do. The Covid vaccines certainly do provide immunity. Nobody said 100%, and that actually applies to many other disease vaccines, not just for Covid. It is possible to have both vaccines and still suffer the effects of Covid after, I’ve had two people I know go through it. This also follows on to both getting the virus subsequently and transmission. I don’t know why the fixation on Fauci and his emails, but anyone reading broadly enough will see research pointing to massive reductions in likelihood for both, but again not 100%, which likewise applies to other disease vaccines too.

Basically if you are double jabbed, you can still get Covid, you can still suffer the effects, if you appear symptomatic while having it you can still transmit it, but it’s magnitudes less likely compared to some anti vax tin foil hat wearing non mask wearing naysayer. And breathe...

The sweeping vaccination program here in the U.K. has certainly brought the deaths down, in fact we had 0 deaths one day recently. The new delta variant and the restriction easing is seeing cases rise worryingly, but the hospitalisation rate rises are much lower, and deaths even slower. Still have to work on getting the under 30s jabbed as they are the main sufferers of delta right now.
The only thing the COVID vaccine does so far is symptomatic mitigation. With this vaccination using novel mRNA insertion, and rushing a vaccination that normally takes 5-10 years to develop and study, doesn't give the appropriate time to study the long-term effects of this vaccine.

Quote:
The second surprise from these protocols is how mild the requirements for contracted Covid-19 symptoms are. A careful reading reveals that the minimum qualification for a case of Covid-19 is a positive PCR test and one or two mild symptoms. These include headache, fever, cough, or mild nausea. This is far from adequate. These vaccine trials are testing to prevent common cold symptoms.

These trials certainly do not give assurance that the vaccine will protect from the serious consequences of Covid-19. Johnson & Johnson is the only trial that requires the inclusion of severe Covid-19 cases, at least 5 for the 75 participant interim analysis.

One of the more immediate questions a trial needs to answer is whether a vaccine prevents infection. If someone takes this vaccine, are they far less likely to become infected with the virus? These trials all clearly focus on eliminating symptoms of Covid-19, and not infections themselves. Asymptomatic infection is listed as a secondary objective in these trials when they should be of critical importance.

It appears that all the pharmaceutical companies assume that the vaccine will never prevent infection. Their criteria for approval is the difference in symptoms between an infected control group and an infected vaccine group. They do not measure the difference between infection and noninfection as a primary motivation.

A greater concern for the millions of older people and those with preexisting conditions is whether these trials test the vaccine's ability to prevent severe illness and death. Again we find that severe illness and death are only secondary objectives in these trials. None list the prevention of death and hospitalization as a critically important barrier.

If total infections, hospitalizations, and death are going to be ignored in the preliminary trials of the vaccines, then there must be phase four testing to monitor their safety and efficacy. This would be long term massive scale monitoring of the vaccine. There must be an indication that the authorized vaccines are reducing infection, hospitalization, and death, or else they will not be able to stop this pandemic.

These protocols do not emphasize the most important ramifications of Covid-19 that people are most interested in preventing: overall infection, hospitalization, and death. It boggles the mind and defies common sense that the National Institute of Health, the Center for Disease Control, the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease, and the rest would consider the approval of a vaccine that would be distributed to hundreds of millions on such slender threads of success.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/william...h=cae916652479

Besides, those anti-vaxxers have history on their side when the government and Big Pharma have lied to their citizens time and time again about the safety of rushed vaccines. From the 1976 swine flu vaccines and the 2009 swine flu vaccines, but somehow it's irrational to be skeptical about them. As for Fauci, you should read up on his incompetency and neglect, even the Huffington Post criticizes his handling of the HIV crisis in the 1980s yet the mainstream media gaslights the public about that past too.

Last edited by Refractive Reflections; 06-20-2021 at 05:04 PM.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
indigocuck