The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 07-22-2018, 06:07 PM   #121
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
All this time and still Season 4-6 are not released yet on iTunes.
Say, for the sake of argument, that the rest of the series is released digitally (and not on DVD). I don't think I'll double dip for seasons 4-6, as I've got the DVDs. I absolutely would purchase season 7, since it was never released on DVD. The only reason I purchased the first three seasons through amazon, is because I had purchased the VHS tapes for the original volume 1 release through volume 3.3 back in 2003-2005. Stupid me had to be the last person on the planet to switch from VHS to DVD.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 06:50 PM   #122
Shark_Blade
Emperor

There’s Season 7? Or do you mean Turtles Forever?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 07:16 PM   #123
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
There’s Season 7? Or do you mean Turtles Forever?
Season 7 (the Back To The Sewer season) was never released in the United States on DVD.
Old 07-22-2018, 08:47 PM   #124
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Wow I totally thought ‘Back to the Sewer’ was Season 6. Cheers for the heads up.

So they still haven’t release Season 4-7 on itunes (4 Seasons missing).

Anyway it’s pretty impressive they lasted 7 seasons.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 12:03 AM   #125
MothraLeo
Random Punk

I've been out of the loop...Seasons 1-3 are on iTunes???

Oh snap!

How is the picture quality? Is it HD?
MothraLeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 02:00 PM   #126
Leonardo2003
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MothraLeo View Post
I've been out of the loop...Seasons 1-3 are on iTunes???

Oh snap!

How is the picture quality? Is it HD?
The entire series is on YouTube now in complete 720p. Search “RexRude99”
Leonardo2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 10:28 PM   #127
MothraLeo
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo2003 View Post
Thank you! I saw it on youtube a couple years ago. I have been wanting to watch the series again but I'm holding out hope that we will get an HD release soon.

Still holding... hahaha
MothraLeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 09:17 PM   #128
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Upscaled 720, but still looks very good. It's very impressive though I doubt it will be up for long. Some episodes were even upscaled to 1080.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 07:19 PM   #129
SaurusX
Random Punk

Quote:
I see my channel has been noticed. Let's keep it to a small profile.
SaurusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 07:54 AM   #130
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaurusX View Post
I see my channel has been noticed. Let's keep it to a small profile.
As I said in the post prior, not sure how long it will be up, but you did a fine job on that upscaling!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 11:42 AM   #131
SaurusX
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
As I said in the post prior, not sure how long it will be up, but you did a fine job on that upscaling!
Thanks for the compliment. It was quite an ordeal to get it to its current state. In fact, some of those season 1 episodes are from a prior run, which have been replaced with more refined versions. This show was created and edited entirely in the digital realm, which caused a few more problems than I initially expected.

We'll never see official 1080p versions of this series, so I wanted to make my own.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:58 AM   #132
Leonardo2003
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Thanks for the compliment. It was quite an ordeal to get it to its current state. In fact, some of those season 1 episodes are from a prior run, which have been replaced with more refined versions. This show was created and edited entirely in the digital realm, which caused a few more problems than I initially expected.

We'll never see official 1080p versions of this series, so I wanted to make my own.
You're a legend in my eyes. You put my Widescreen uploads of the whole series from 6 years ago to shame!
Old 11-04-2018, 01:04 PM   #133
SaurusX
Random Punk

Anyone ever notice the two different versions of the S01E16 The King? Someone just pointed this out to me. Starting at around 20:30 the versions diverge with one having far more footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZupUjVPUC4Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ_wACs7a44

Last edited by SaurusX; 11-04-2018 at 01:06 PM. Reason: new thread
Old 11-04-2018, 01:20 PM   #134
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Anyone ever notice the two different versions of the S01E16 The King? Someone just pointed this out to me. Starting at around 20:30 the versions diverge with one having far more footage.

Interesting. It's not a big difference over all but the inclusion of Raph at the end is more comic accurate. I guess that version was made first and but realised it was slightly too long to air?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 02:30 PM   #135
ABrown
Banned

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Interesting. It's not a big difference over all but the inclusion of Raph at the end is more comic accurate. I guess that version was made first and but realised it was slightly too long to air?
Well the ending WITH Raph is definitely what aired on television, I'm 100% certain of it. The version without Raph at the end might've been one of the releases on VHS/DVD. Those had several goofs. About 1/3 of one of the Secret Origins episodes was missing. Heck, they left off The Golden Puck all together from the initial release of "Volume 11" on VHS.
Old 11-04-2018, 06:33 PM   #136
SaurusX
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
Well the ending WITH Raph is definitely what aired on television, I'm 100% certain of it. The version without Raph at the end might've been one of the releases on VHS/DVD. Those had several goofs. About 1/3 of one of the Secret Origins episodes was missing. Heck, they left off The Golden Puck all together from the initial release of "Volume 11" on VHS.
Which version had the side-by-side credits and opening sequence at the end? I have both the individual and compilation DVD releases for season 1 and neither have that.
Old 11-04-2018, 08:43 PM   #137
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Which version had the side-by-side credits and opening sequence at the end? I have both the individual and compilation DVD releases for season 1 and neither have that.
The original one that aired is the one without Raph. Peter Laird wasn't satisfied with it and had 4Kids animate a new ending that mirrored the comic, which ended up being costly, but worth it. The one with the new ending replaced the old one in re-runs, as I remember watching it during the Mutants Behind the Masks re-runs in late 2003. There is even a thread on the forum talking about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathknight View Post
Anyway, for those of you who wanted to know, they did show the alternate ending of The King today. Although I thought it was more like an extended ending cause it had the same basic ending it was just a tad longer.
The-Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 07:24 AM   #138
SaurusX
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Shredder View Post
The original one that aired is the one without Raph. Peter Laird wasn't satisfied with it and had 4Kids animate a new ending that mirrored the comic, which ended up being costly, but worth it. The one with the new ending replaced the old one in re-runs, as I remember watching it during the Mutants Behind the Masks re-runs in late 2003. There is even a thread on the forum talking about it.
Wow. It's a trip back in time with those contemporaneous threads taking place as the episodes first aired. Thanks for the explanation.
Old 11-05-2018, 05:53 PM   #139
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Wow. It's a trip back in time with those contemporaneous threads taking place as the episodes first aired. Thanks for the explanation.
No problem. I love this show and you can tell a lot of passion was put into it, especially with this episode. Peter Laird's TMNT Blog has an amazing collection of email conversations with Lloyd Goldfine while the episodes were being produced. Apparently it cost $12,000 to redo the ending!

Sunday, June 1, 2003
Spoiler:
Subj: "The King"
Date: Sunday, June 1, 2003 12:44:41 AM
To: Lloyd Goldfine

Lloyd,

I'm really happy that we were able to do this episode. I thought the dedication card with Kirby's signature looked VERY cool. I'm also glad you were able to make those changes to Raph coming out of the shower, the drawings staying on the page even after they came to life, the writing on the paper airplane note, etc. -- they were small but significant changes.

However... as fun as this episode was, I'm still a little disappointed. I don't know if you checked out the fan reaction online -- it was mostly very positive, with several saying that it was the best episode yet. But a number of people also said that they were -- like me -- disappointed by the fact that the episode, which followed the original comic so well and so faithfully, didn't end like the comic (wherein the paper airplane flies out of the shrinking portal, Don picks it up and looks at it -- though we don't see what's on it yet, Don tucks it in his belt and walks back upstairs, Raph -- who's been waiting impatiently for hot water -- yells at Don about whether or not he fixed the water heater, Don gives him a withering look as he goes into his room, Raph scratches his head and says "Geez -- what's eatin' him?", Don sits alone near a window in his room and looks again at the note, and here is where we see the note and Kirby's drawing of Don, and fade out).

I want to do what is necessary to bring the ending of this episode more in line with what I hoped it would be, and if 4Kids does not want to spend the money necessary, I'll put it up myself. The extra time needed to fit in this stuff could be balanced by editing out an equal number of seconds of fight scenes or scenes of monsters running at the camera, which we seem to have quite a lot of. It would be cool if we could get this thing going as soon as possible so that the revised episode would definitely be on the DVDs.

How do we begin?

-- Pete

P.S. I listened to the voice tracks of the first two "Turtles in Space" episodes and I loved them! I think these are going to be some cool episodes.

P.P.S. Can we put a Segway or two in an episode in the second season? You know you want to!

-----------------------------------

Subj: Re: "The King"
Date: Sunday, June 1, 2003 5:31:13 PM

In a message dated 6/1/03 9:12:19 AM, Lloyd writes:

<< Hey Pete -

I'm really sorry that you were unhappy with the end of the Kirby
episode; we went to a lot of trouble to rearrange the ending so it ended
as it did as per our conversation. Let's talk Monday about what can be
done.

Happy Sunday,

Lloyd >>

Lloyd,

To be clear -- I truly appreciate the hard work you and your crew did to make those last minute changes, and they did in fact accurately reflect what we talked about on the phone. I knew we didn't have time to make it exactly the way I wanted it.

To say I'm "unhappy" about the ending is perhaps an overstatement -- I used the word "disappointed" in my email and I see that as a step or two back from "unhappy". Perhaps I should have even gone so far as to say "mildy disappointed", as that is probably closer to reality.

We've talked before about the numerous little things in the episodes which, given enough time and resources, we would like to change, but we realize the reality of the situation does not allow us that degree of fine-tuning, and we live with that. This Kirby story, though, is -- for me -- different. I have a more personal connection to it than any other Turtle story I've ever worked on, and I would really like to see the animated version be as close as possible to it, in emotional terms. It's already amazingly close... I'd just like it to be that little bit closer.

Anyway, hope we can accomplish what I'm suggesting without too much travail. Talk to you soon!

-- Pete
Friday, June 13, 2003
Spoiler:
Subj: Re: Kirby fix
Date: Friday, June 13, 2003 1:25:18 AM

In a message dated 6/12/03 11:38:15 AM, Lloyd writes:

<< Hey Pete -

Here's the script for the fix at the end of the Kirby show.

Lemme know.

Lloyd
>>

Lloyd,

The fix is in!

In all seriousness, it (as reproduced below) is perfect. Thanks!

One comment (NOT a problem): I suspect that near the end when Don walks by Raph, there will be a medium closeup of Raph with the towel wrapped around him and his "clothes" (bandanna, kneespads, elbow pads, etc.) off. The fans would LOVE it if they can see Raph's actual beautiful brown eyes in this shot.

-- Pete

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
"Kirby"
(show # 1488-016)
REVISED ACT FOUR END SCENE
6/12/03

INT. KIRBY’S BASEMENT APARTMENT - ?

On Don as he leans against the wall, unfolds the plane, and looks at the note.

CLOSE ON DON - his somewhat sad react to the note.

DISSOLVE TO:

INT. APRIL’S BASEMENT – CONTINUOUS

Don comes slowly up the stairs(NOTE: he has the note from Kirby tucked into his belt until he takes it out later).

CUT TO:

INT. APRIL’S HALLWAY – CONTINUOUS

A naked-except-for-a-towel Raph meets Don in the hall as Don reaches the top of the stairs. Don continues on his way, ignoring Raph, until…
RAPAHEL
So what’s the scoop? You’ve been gone for ages – we got hot water or what?!
CLOSE ON DON AND RAPH
Don gives Raph a cold, withering stare then EXITS FRAME. Raph scratches his head, confused at his brother’s reaction.
RAPHAEL
Geez… what’s eatin’ him?
DISSOLVE TO:
INT. APRIL’S APARTMENT - CONTINUIOUS
Don enters, closes the door behind him, leans his staff against the wall, pulls the note from his belt and takes a seat near the window. He unfolds the note and stares at it.
CLOSE ON DON as he stares at the note.
CLOSE ON NOTE –It is a drawing of Don (see original comic) with the words "Don, Life at best is bitter sweet. See ya around pal, Kirby," written on it.
WIDE ON DON – He looks up from the note as camera slowly TRUCKS OUT.
DONATELLO
Hmmm…
FADE OUT
Tuesday, July 8, 2003
Spoiler:
Subj: Re: Revised Show 16
Date: Tuesday, July 8, 2003 11:15:20 PM

In a message dated 7/7/03 3:45:34 PM, Carole at 4Kids writes:

<< Dear Peter,
We now have all of the information we need to know regarding the
re-animation/post of the "Kirby" episode in order to accommodate your
requested revisions.

There will be a minute of new animation, add'l music and effects, slugging
and sheet timing for the section as well as additional talent and studio
costs. I spoke with Norman about extending the running time of the FoxBox
master (add'l :30) and he is fine with that. We have already delivered the
show to many territories internationally and I presume that it is not your
intention for us to recall those masters, correct? >>

Carole,

That is correct.

<< We would also need to
close caption the new master, which we would be able to use for the DVD
release as well. We would also create a new international master for future
sales.

All in all the cost would run $12,000. Peter, as soon as you approve these
additional costs, I will let you know when we can deliver the new master, as
the animation alone takes 4-6 weeks (including retakes) to produce.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Best
Carole >>

That all sounds reasonable and approvable. I look forward to seeing the finished result. Thanks!

-- Peter
The-Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 08:09 PM   #140
Leonardo2003
Foot Soldier

Quote:

Hey man, any update on what happened to the eps?