The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 05-19-2014, 10:57 AM   #201
Universal_Adam
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric_sheep View Post
How many mutants does shredder have around him now, 10? But kids gotta have those toys, right?
You DO realize that the original cartoon was pretty much created to sell toys right? Do you have any idea how many figures there were that were mutants associated with Shredder in the original cartoon and in the toy line?
Universal_Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:04 AM   #202
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universal_Adam View Post
You DO realize that the original cartoon was pretty much created to sell toys right? Do you have any idea how many figures there were that were mutants associated with Shredder in the original cartoon and in the toy line?
Very few? He pretty much only ever had Bebop/Rocksteady, and whatever other mutants he tried to create like Groundchuck/Dirtbag or the Punk Frogs turned on him in the same episode.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:05 AM   #203
electric_sheep
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Yes.

In all seriousness, it seems like TMNT's fanbase has a laaaaaarge portion of folks who became artists because of the green team, myself included.
Same here, first thing i ever drew is a picture of Vegeta from DBZ and TMNT.

Quote:
Who is talking about Original cartoon? That doesen't have to do anything with anything...
electric_sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:11 AM   #204
Universal_Adam
Random Punk

Quote:
Same here, first thing i ever drew is a picture of Vegeta from DBZ and TMNT.

Who is talking about Original cartoon? That doesen't have to do anything with anything...
You essentially criticized the fact that there are several mutants because "kids gotta have toys" Or at least that's how I read it.

My point is that in almost every animated series made, including the original, the point is to sell toys.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:14 AM   #205
electric_sheep
Banned

Quote:
You essentially criticized the fact that there are several mutants because "kids gotta have toys" Or at least that's how I read it.

My point is that in almost every animated series made, including the original, the point is to sell toys.
Well yeah but they can be a little more subtle about it, Shredder has this mutants that stand around him and do nothing, the whole shredder's lair is one giant toy comercial, who wants good stories when you have crappy designed mutants, right?

Last edited by electric_sheep; 05-19-2014 at 11:36 AM.
electric_sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:35 AM   #206
shinefra
Hench Mutant

I think Rocksteady Is ok way better than Slash but I really don't like bebop"s head on that body, its like at first they wanted to make him more like the old series but at the last minute they made his body skinny with a little bra just to be more "Original", it just doesn't feel right to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaeltheAwesome View Post
....is Bebop wearing a bra? WTF
lol I thought the same thing

Either way y love the fact that they will appear on the show.
shinefra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 01:38 PM   #207
NoName999
Foot Soldier

Quote:

Which is still a dumb thing to do because toylines are failing in favor of video games.

And yet companies are too dumb to evolve with the change.
Old 05-19-2014, 02:31 PM   #208
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName999 View Post
Which is still a dumb thing to do because toylines are failing in favor of video games.

And yet companies are too dumb to evolve with the change.
That's because parents are buying too many video games and not telling their kids 'No.' What kid needs an Ipad? Shouldn't they be playing in the yard or running around with their friends instead of sitting on their butts and staring at a screen?
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:10 AM   #209
pennydreadful
trash

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
That's because parents are buying too many video games and not telling their kids 'No.' What kid needs an Ipad? Shouldn't they be playing in the yard or running around with their friends instead of sitting on their butts and staring at a screen?
Hells no - keep those darn kids off my lawn!
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:09 AM   #210
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
Rofl. This isn't the 80s.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:44 AM   #211
Universal_Adam
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Very few? He pretty much only ever had Bebop/Rocksteady, and whatever other mutants he tried to create like Groundchuck/Dirtbag or the Punk Frogs turned on him in the same episode.
Let's see.
There was
Bebop
Rocksteady
Baxter Stockman
Slash
Tokka
Rahzar
Antrax
Scumbug
Leatherhead
Ground Chuck
Dirtbag

Just to name a few.

Before you say that Shredder didn't create all of them. No. He didn't. But if you read my post I said "Mutants associated with Shredder that were also in the toy line.

My point is that back then, and even today, cool mutants usually make cool toys. If kids see cool mutants, they will want those cool toys. I'm not going to fault someone for trying to make money, especially when I personally don't feel like the show is lacking anything because of it.
Old 05-25-2014, 10:21 PM   #212
stayunspoiled
Thug

Quote:
Let's see.
There was
Bebop
Rocksteady
Baxter Stockman
Slash
Tokka
Rahzar
Antrax
Scumbug
Leatherhead
Ground Chuck
Dirtbag

Just to name a few.

Before you say that Shredder didn't create all of them. No. He didn't. But if you read my post I said "Mutants associated with Shredder that were also in the toy line.

My point is that back then, and even today, cool mutants usually make cool toys. If kids see cool mutants, they will want those cool toys. I'm not going to fault someone for trying to make money, especially when I personally don't feel like the show is lacking anything because of it.
Add:
Mutagen Man
Muckman and Joe Eyeball
stayunspoiled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:15 AM   #213
ssjup81
Foot Elite

So, they're bringing these two in? Really tryng to tug the nostalgia heartstrings for us older ones, eh? lol Anywho, I like Rocksteady's design....Bebop's, not so much.

I hope they won't be portrayed as incompetent or dumb. That's one thing I hated about the OT. I love their portrayal in the beginining. An actual threat to the turtles for the most part given their strength and how they had to outdo them. Seems like with Baxter, the mutagen affected their brains. Maybe it was a side effect. Baxter losing his intelligence over time since flies have tiny brains isn't surprising, though.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:55 AM   #214
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
To be honest, I don't remember the OT having many mutants at all, mostly mad scientist-related stuff, until the later seasons, but even then the amount of mutants for the 2k12 series can't even compare to the OT quantity wise.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 07:45 PM   #215
MisfitKraang
Foot Soldier

I like the updates! They look really nice and cool my only complaint is please give Rocksteady boots!
Old 05-28-2014, 01:20 PM   #216
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Quote:
How many mutants does shredder have around him now, 10? But kids gotta have those toys, right?
3. He has 3. And you do realize that the only reason the original show was even made was to sell toys, right?
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:02 PM   #217
NoName999
Foot Soldier

If the original show jumped off a cliff would the current show have to as well?
Old 05-28-2014, 06:08 PM   #218
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Let's see.
There was
Bebop
Rocksteady
Baxter Stockman
Slash
Tokka
Rahzar
Antrax
Scumbug
Leatherhead
Ground Chuck
Dirtbag

Just to name a few.

Shredder only had two mutant henchman, Bebop and Rocksteady. Every character you listed was only associated with him for about one episode other than Baxter.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:44 PM   #219
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName999 View Post
If the original show jumped off a cliff would the current show have to as well?
You don't know how the animation industry works, do you?

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:05 PM   #220
NoName999
Foot Soldier

Enough to know that making show to sell toys is idiotic since the toyline is dying.

Tags
bebop, nick, rocksteady