The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 09-24-2017, 03:29 PM   #221
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Yeah, I imagine if the show went on another season we would have seen stuff like Tiger Claw/Alopex working alongside the Turtles, the Mutanimals with Mona and maybe even Bebop/Rocksteady, etc. Probably a second Usagi crossover, etc.

It's why I said this series had story potential to go on at least another season or two.
Let's hope the characters from the 2012 series get carried over to the 2018 series, since they are pretty much established, fans know these characters, there's no reason to redo the origin for the new 2D series.
Old 09-24-2017, 03:33 PM   #222
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
A minor nitpick, I do wish this crossover could've atleast had Tiger Claw, since he did have a connection the 80s turtles.

He could've fought alongside the turtles and Karai, since he is in a truce with them now.

We also could've gotten Mona Lisa, Pigeon Pete and Rockwell to appear among the Mutanimals, especially the former two since they are originally FW characters and it wouldve been nice to see the 80s turtles react to them as well as Slash/Leatherhead being allies instead of villains.
I hoped for seing how the fight between Tigerclaw and the 1987-1996 series turtles ended.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 03:45 PM   #223
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I love how this brought closure for Bebop and Rocksteady, both versions of them.
Old 09-24-2017, 04:19 PM   #224
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's not really closure for 80's Bebop/Rocksteady since they go back to working for Shredder/Krang, it's nothing more than a quick joke.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 04:30 PM   #225
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

80s B&Rs real closure was getting eaten by a giant plant monster
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 04:45 PM   #226
CyberCubed
Overlord

They probably escaped and are living in Dimension X somewhere.
Old 09-24-2017, 05:03 PM   #227
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It's not really closure for 80's Bebop/Rocksteady since they go back to working for Shredder/Krang, it's nothing more than a quick joke.
Well at least there was closure for the Nick versions.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:15 AM   #228
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
80s B&Rs real closure was getting eaten by a giant plant monster
Eaten?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 06:52 AM   #229
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
When will these episodes air on tv?

I'm guessing they will all be aired as 3 seperate episodes rather than one complete package like the DVD so the theme song will be played before each episode rather than just once at the beginning.

It might also fix some of the errors like having 80s Shredder and Krang on the villains screen rather than Kavaxas/Zombie Shredder and some of the shoddy editing between episodes.

I'm betting there will be an extra quick scene or two in to improve the fluidity of the narrative like it was originally intended, as the DVD seems to have been put together in a rush as the qualitys kinda bad.
Loved the crossover. It ties with the first four episodes from Tales as far as my favorite s5 episodes go. It was everything I hoped it would be, but yeah they really rushed this puppy to DVD alright. I was hoping we'd get these three episodes separated the way they've done all the multipart arcs on DVD in the past rather than edited together. I like knowing where one episode ends and the other begins, but they took out the crinkling comic book page sound effect in this one. When we get a complete series set, they'll probably just slap this edit along with the movie length Mutant Apocalypse on the season 5 portion.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:23 PM   #230
Ursalink
Foot Soldier

Honestly, better than the 80's turtles, they should have made a crossover with the 2003's turtles. Possibly an official sequel of "Turtles Forever". This series' Shredder has been a really big villain, but I think the Utrom Shredder still surpasses him. I'm quite sure it would have been interesting seeing together the turtles from 2012, 2003, 80's and Mirage Comics.

Like the title said "Turtles Forever!".
Ursalink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 08:16 PM   #231
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Looks like the Walmart Savings Catcher didn't find a lower price, even though its price lower at Best Buy.
Old 09-27-2017, 01:57 PM   #232
Desslok
Hench Mutant

These episodes were a lot of fun. Plenty of great character moments and the jokes were actually pretty funny. I laughed multiple times throughout.

One of my favorite things is that they played up 80's Shredder's penchant for indiscriminant name calling and insults. That was such a large part of his personality back in the day.

Such a jerk.

Watch Episodes | Latest Updates | More Fun
Desslok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 08:16 PM   #233
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

First time I've watched the Nick show since the last crossover, and I must say I enjoyed it quite a bit. Krang and Shredder were a riot. Pat Fraley's Krang was as perfect as ever, and Shredder's voice was done well too. There wasn't much to the story, but as someone said earlier, the character moments are what made it good. Interesting that it ended in a similar way to Turtles Forever.

The reused '87 animation was pretty obvious at the beginning in the fight between B&R, but overall I'll say this was much better than the last crossover, which left a bad taste in my mouth. I still like TF best overall (despite the cringe-worthy crying Turtles scenes), but this was a fun watch.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 08:23 PM   #234
Kit31
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPliggins View Post
First time I've watched the Nick show since the last crossover, and I must say I enjoyed it quite a bit. Krang and Shredder were a riot. Pat Fraley's Krang was as perfect as ever, and Shredder's voice was done well too. There wasn't much to the story, but as someone said earlier, the character moments are what made it good. Interesting that it ended in a similar way to Turtles Forever.

The reused '87 animation was pretty obvious at the beginning in the fight between B&R, but overall I'll say this was much better than the last crossover, which left a bad taste in my mouth. I still like TF best overall (despite the cringe-worthy crying Turtles scenes), but this was a fun watch.
There was another single-episode crossover prior to this in the the 2012 series called, "Trans-dimensional Turtles". You might want to check that one out, too. I will warn you, that it's in the middle of a space arc, so the first few minutes might be a bit confusing.
Kit31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 09:32 PM   #235
Powder
So tired of this place

Didn't he literally just say he watched it?

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 09:48 PM   #236
Kit31
Foot Soldier

I didn't know if he was referring to Turtles Forever or Trans-dimensional Turtles. It was a bit confusing. If he did watch TDT, then I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Edit: After reading it again, it seems like he did watch TDT. That was the closest attempt at Turtles Forever, but I guess he liked Turtles Forever better than TDT. I can respect that.

Last edited by Kit31; 09-27-2017 at 10:01 PM.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:40 PM   #237
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

Ah, sorry for the confusion in my statement! Yes, I saw TDT (which is the "last crossover" I referred to). It was the last ep of Nick I watched before W:BaR. I think this one was a definite improvement production-wise and story-wise.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 02:54 AM   #238
Kit31
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPliggins View Post
Ah, sorry for the confusion in my statement! Yes, I saw TDT (which is the "last crossover" I referred to). It was the last ep of Nick I watched before W:BaR. I think this one was a definite improvement production-wise and story-wise.
It was definitely more fun. Not that I had any real issues with TDT. W: BaR had kind of a weird ending, and I mean the very last line of the episode. I loved the ICK music video at the end, though.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:06 PM   #239
ABrown
Banned

I was wide awake at about one in the morning and noticed that the three episodes were available OnDemand. So I gave it a middle of the night viewing. It was exactly what I expected it to be: an unnecessary duplication of Turtles Forever. I mean had the 4Kids series not done the exact same thing eight years earlier, I definitely would've found these three episodes entertaining. But enough is enough. It's been fun Nickelodeon, looking forward to you making Turtles Forever III in about five years or so with the new series.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 08:10 PM   #240
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
I was wide awake at about one in the morning and noticed that the three episodes were available OnDemand. So I gave it a middle of the night viewing. It was exactly what I expected it to be: an unnecessary duplication of Turtles Forever. I mean had the 4Kids series not done the exact same thing eight years earlier, I definitely would've found these three episodes entertaining. But enough is enough. It's been fun Nickelodeon, looking forward to you making Turtles Forever III in about five years or so with the new series.
These eps didn't really play out anything like Turtles Forever though. These were about Bebop/Rocksteady comically being the stars for original cartoon Shredder/Krang.

I'd say the first crossover, Trans-dimensional Turtles from Season 4, was more of a sequel to Turtles Forever than this was.