The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 05-28-2014, 06:55 PM   #201
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

Gilbert Gottfried has also been let go from almost every voice gig except for one...Disney

why? because Disney understand that its not up to the actors to raise other peoples children

https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:33 PM   #202
Leolead
Stone Warrior

What's wrong with jason bigg?
Old 05-28-2014, 11:02 PM   #203
Leo656
The Franchise

Voice acting is a very weird business. For example, Tara Strong is right now most well-known for her work on My Little Pony, but she also voiced several super-vulgar, offensive, over-sexed, and extremely racist characters on Drawn Together a few years back. If you really want a serious laugh, listen to the cast commentary on the Drawn Together Season 1 DVD. It's amazingly, ridiculously funny to hear the voice of Twilight Sparkle (completely and admittedly drunk off her ass, no less), proudly proclaim, "I love doing kids' shows, but I *really* love when I get to come to work and yell 'f*ck' and 'sh*t' and 'lick a p**** hole.'" I'm amazed sometimes how eclectic and diverse some of these peoples' portfolios really are.

That said, every company is different. I neither know nor care if Biggs is still doing TMNT, but it IS always possible that a person can get fired for things they say on a public forum, or even blacklisted from future work. This is an entirely different industry, but recently I attended a wrestling seminar with Gerald Brisco, one of the top scouts for talent for WWE, and he flat-out said that they avoid working with anyone who is vulgar, profane, or blatantly obnoxious on FB or twitter. When their own guys do it, they get seriously reprimanded, and if someone they are scouting acts in a way similar to how Biggs acts, they won't even consider working with them. As he put it, it shows a distinct lack of character and an unprofessional attitude. I'm highly anti-censorship, but I can totally understand that. When I work at The Monster Factory, the head trainer always reminds everyone, "No matter where else you wrestle, or what you say on FB and twitter, you are representing this company through your actions and your words, so don't be an assh*le and make us all look bad."

Again, every entertainment company is different. Me, if I'm working for a company that markets mostly to children - regardless of what work I've done in the past, if that's what I'm mostly working on *right now* - I'm going to respect them and respect the audience by NOT going out of my way to be offensive or controversial just because I think it's funny. I *do* think pissing people off is hilarious, or can be, but sometimes it's just not appropriate. A guy like Biggs, though, I can tell doesn't care. They could fire him tomorrow and he'd laugh it off. He can do that, because you wouldn't believe what DVD royalties pay. He's more than set for life from those stupid Pie movies. He never has to work again, which is why he's such a douche.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 08:13 AM   #204
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Not only that, but he's also doing Orange is the New Black, so even if he does get replaced on TMNT, he still makes money regardless by doing other stuff. He'll still get work, so it's no skin off his back, and he knows it.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 03:11 PM   #205
Tubuloso 1984
Random Punk

This is the guy who was made famous for sticking his dick inside a pie. Why would he be fired for being too vulgar?
Tubuloso 1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 03:46 PM   #206
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubuloso 1984 View Post
This is the guy who was made famous for sticking his dick inside a pie. Why would he be fired for being too vulgar?
You know, you should warn people before you use extreme sarcasm
Old 06-03-2014, 02:49 PM   #207
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Catrambone really seems like a cool guy and he's seems humble as well.

Quote:
@domcatrambone
What's it like voicing Leonardo !

Dominic Catrambone
‏@domcatrambone
Like a dream come true! He's always been a favorite of mine. I'm honored. #TMNT #Leonardo @mayowaeleso @JATactor
https://twitter.com/domcatrambone/st...56185486749696
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:26 PM   #208
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yes, he really does, and he enjoys voicing the character, so that's cool.

Old 06-03-2014, 03:36 PM   #209
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubuloso 1984 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatswiththeheadbands? View Post
You know, you should warn people before you use extreme sarcasm
Was that sarcasm, though? He really did stick his dick in a pie and that really was what made him famous.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:45 AM   #210
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

I really don't think Biggs cares a thing about fans and how much an actor's work means to them.

I've admired Cam Clarke for so many years. Listen to this story he tells from 3:55 to 5:13 of this video and you'll see what I mean.

Here's another reason why Cam Clarke is so great. Back in 2012, he and the other three original voice actors reunited at the Jon Lovitz Comedy Club and Podcast Theatre and they sent a message to guy who was unable to make it to the reunion since he was in the emergency room. Jason Biggs should've listen to what Cam had to say at 0:18 when he joined the 2012 series.

Last edited by ranger_scout; 07-20-2014 at 10:34 PM.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:06 PM   #211
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Was that sarcasm, though? He really did stick his dick in a pie and that really was what made him famous.
Quote:
^^
That's why I thought it was Sarcasm

Last edited by Whatswiththeheadbands?; 06-04-2014 at 12:21 PM.
Whatswiththeheadbands? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:45 AM   #212
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Viewers will probably hear from Catrambone as Leonardo next week.

Quote:
Linda Iroff ‏@LindaofNote Jun 6
@domcatrambone Will we hear you this Sunday on TMNT? I hope so!

Dominic Catrambone
‏@domcatrambone
Not sure about this Sunday but you will hear the amazing @bauzilla as Tiger Claw! Perhaps next week @LindaofNote
https://twitter.com/domcatrambone/st...54512981970944
Old 06-08-2014, 09:50 AM   #213
CyberCubed
Overlord

Really weird if true. Jason Biggs back one week and gone the next?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:00 AM   #214
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Sometimes episodes are not always recorded in the order in which they air.
Old 06-09-2014, 03:18 PM   #215
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

He probably wasn't available to record all his lines for the next episode. Kind of rude of the person to say that they hoped they wouldn't hear him next week. I like Dom myself.

Old 06-09-2014, 03:37 PM   #216
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
Pizza Face was supposed to be after Wrath of Tiger Claw, remember?
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:33 AM   #217
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Quote:
Like I've said before, Jason probably wasn't available that day to record, so Dom filled in for him. He was available for this latest episode, so that's why we heard him. I guess it just depends on when the eps are recorded. This one may have been recorded before Jason got picked up for "Orange is the New Black" while Pizza Face was recorded while Jason was doing the show. It doesn't really take that much thought to figure that out. I don't know if he has been replaced, but if he has, then I think Dom's a good choice. Maybe Dom did have to fill in for another episode later on, and if so, that's fine. It happens.

Old 06-10-2014, 02:48 PM   #218
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

For now, unless there is a statement otherwise or long term disappearance, I have to agree it was probably only temporary with the other guy as a stand-in on an as needed basis.

That isn't to say I'm in defense of Mr. Biggs, because honestly I'm not too impressed with him as a person. At all. And to have an honorable character like Leo in his hands, he aught to feel a little fortunate. (God, Leo, Biggs, now Knoxville? Poor guy.) I do like what he does in terms of voice work for Leo's character though. It's good enough to pretend it's not Jason Biggs.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 03:35 PM   #219
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
For now, unless there is a statement otherwise or long term disappearance, I have to agree it was probably only temporary with the other guy as a stand-in on an as needed basis.

That isn't to say I'm in defense of Mr. Biggs, because honestly I'm not too impressed with him as a person. At all. And to have an honorable character like Leo in his hands, he aught to feel a little fortunate. (God, Leo, Biggs, now Knoxville? Poor guy.) I do like what he does in terms of voice work for Leo's character though. It's good enough to pretend it's not Jason Biggs.
I suppose we should probably wait till we get a press release for when will season 3 debut like this one about season 2.

Quote:
Season two stars Sean Astin (Lord of the Rings) as Raphael, Rob Paulsen (Planet Sheen) as Donatello, Greg Cipes (Teen Titans) as Michelangelo, Jason Biggs (Orange is the New Black) as Leonardo, Mae Whitman (Parenthood) as April O’Neil, Hoon Lee (Royal Pains) as Master Splinter and Kevin Michael Richardson (Penguins of Madagascar) as Shredder. Joining the cast will be Josh Peck (Drake & Josh) as Casey Jones, and Corey Feldman (The Goonies) reoccurs as Slash.
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...t-11am/205113/

Still what Catrambone said last month makes wonder if the change is permanent.

Quote:
Bob ‏@RevolverBobcat ยท May 19
@domcatrambone When first watching Turtles ep. Pizza Face, I didn't even notice a Leo change. Good job! Is this permanent or temp?

Dominic Catrambone
‏@domcatrambone That's good to hear! Not at liberty to say but do keep watching @RevolverBobcat
https://twitter.com/domcatrambone
Old 06-10-2014, 05:15 PM   #220
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
This, exactly. I've reached the point where, if I find an actor/writer/musician obnoxious, I just try really hard to tune it out and just focus on the work itself. If I boycotted everyone's work based on whether they're a jerk or not, I wouldn't have much to watch/read/listen to! (Though of course I do make exceptions in extreme cases.)

For all intents and purposes, he does a good job as Leo - but if he's replaced, it won't phase me for a second.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jason biggs, leonardo, seth green