The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 12-31-2014, 09:59 AM   #21
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

2014 couldn't have been THAT bad...
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 10:18 AM   #22
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Its just I'm not one of those super hardcore fans, that only likes one thing, I'm very open, and appreciate all incarnations of TMNT.
Shut the f*ck up.

I'm so sick of THIS bullsh*t.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 10:22 AM   #23
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Not for another 20 to 25 years.... just how old do you think some of us want to have to be by then? I don't even want to think about it.

Someone just make more decent movies between now and then, doesn't have to be reboots, I don't want to wait until I'm legit old. lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 10:23 AM   #24
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Shut the f*ck up.

I'm so sick of THIS bullsh*t.
And there's the evidence.

When you like something that someone else doesn't, They result to yelling and saying expletives.

These are the kinds of things you have to ignore.
Old 12-31-2014, 10:25 AM   #25
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Jesus christ, evidence of what? What are you talking about? You don't even know.

Quote:
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
Old 12-31-2014, 10:28 AM   #26
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

remember when even bad movies were a fun experience

and movies where made by people who actually cared

https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 10:28 AM   #27
Commenter 42
Banned

TMNT is a money making brand, especially when you push the spectacle angle. Of course it made money, but it made nostalgia money. You can only go to the well once if you screw up, and they screwed up.

If TMNT was the only superhero flick in 2016, it would do ok. Since it's not, and they're being cheap, well...
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 10:34 AM   #28
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Oh look who just signed on. This should be fun and hard to read.

Quote:
Old 12-31-2014, 10:49 AM   #29
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Yeah, I don't want another reboot either, And I was fine with the new film, Its just I'm not one of those super hardcore fans, that only likes one thing, I'm very open, and appreciate all incarnations of TMNT.

If people give you **** for liking something, that they do not like, Just ignore them and move on.
No, you're one of those fans that like anything if it has the name TMNT on it.

I consider myself a "super hardcore fan" as you put it but I'm very open to any incarnation of TMNT especially if the people behind it care about the franchise (see Nick show/IDW). In fact, this PD movie is the only version of TMNT that I legitimately hate. It has no redeeming qualities in my eyes. The people behind it don't give a **** about the characters or mythology. All they care about is $ and thanks to fans like you they got what they wanted.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 10:51 AM   #30
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post

I consider myself a "super hardcore fan" as you put it but I'm very open to any incarnation of TMNT especially if the people behind it care about the franchise (see Nick show/IDW). In fact, this PD movie is the only version of TMNT that I legitimately hate. It has no redeeming qualities in my eyes. The people behind it don't give a **** about the characters or mythology. All they care about is $ and thanks to fans like you they got what they wanted.
That doesn't sound like your open at all, You gotta be a fan of all things, TV, Movies, Video Games, Comics.
Old 12-31-2014, 10:53 AM   #31
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post

Exactly.

Yeah, I TOTALLY only love one version.

That one version being the original cartoon, the original movies, the 2003 cartoon, the 2007 movie, and the new cartoon.

Totally not open to new iterations of the Turtles as long as they're good.

It's bullsh*t apologist speak for liking a sh*t movie. "Oh teh movei isnt bad, you jus a HATER lol "

Quote:
You gotta be a fan of all things, TV, Movies, Video Games, Comics.
See?

Quote:
Old 12-31-2014, 10:56 AM   #32
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
That doesn't sound like your open at all, You gotta be a fan of all things, TV, Movies, Video Games, Comics.
I'm not open because I don't blindly accept a poor movie simply because it has the TMNT name on it?

That's not being open. That's being a sheep.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 11:04 AM   #33
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by massakre View Post
This.. sorry man.. give it another 25 yrs or so
Zero chance it'll take that long. Especially these days, established franchises don't get to lie dormant for long if there's any money to squeeze out of them. We'll be seeing a reboot pretty soon after this iteration has run its course.

I'm not expecting a Mirage adaptation necessarily, but if they do want to go in a different direction for the next go-round, taking more cues from the comics would be the smartest option. This movie series is bound to be remembered poorly, so I can see them wanting to "Batman Begins" the next round to give it a shot in the arm. Fingers crossed.

So alla y'all - if you want to see that happen sooner than later, please stop giving Platinum Dunes your hard-earned money.

Quote:

When you like something that someone else doesn't, They result to yelling and saying expletives.

These are the kinds of things you have to ignore.
Check your own post that he was replying too, homie. You took condescending shots at people and dropped a "****" yourself.

Glass houses...

Quote:
That's not what open-mindedness means at all, though. Being open means you're willing to consider something on its own merits and give it an honest chance. A lot of people approached this movie with an open mind and tried to give it a chance, and wound up hating it because it was a bad movie.

What you're describing is putting on the fan-blinders and liking everything regardless of quality, just because it's a part of the property. Which is actually crazy closed-minded itself - you're not open to seeing the flaws in anything. Open-mindedness goes both ways, negative or positive. If you've got a bias toward being positive about everything, that's not being open-minded at all.

Last edited by Bry; 12-31-2014 at 11:19 AM.
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 11:04 AM   #34
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
You don't have to be a big lover of all TMNT stuff to be a "real" TMNT fan. Someone who is open will try said TV shows, video games, and movies, but might not necessarily like them.

Do all Star Wars fans have to love the Star Wars Holiday Special to be open?
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 11:07 AM   #35
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
Check your own post that he was replying too, homie. You took condescending shots at people and dropped a "****" yourself.

Glass houses...
Friggin' hypocrites.

Quote:
Old 12-31-2014, 11:44 AM   #36
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

I don't like a lot of the things about the movie, especially poor creative descisions the 'learning martial arts from a book' thing. But I DO NOT want a reboot. I do want bay gone, I do want a new writing and directing and producing staff, and I want a 'GI Joe retaliation'-style continuation moving away from the first one's mistakes, but I 100% DO NOT want to sit through another origin AGAIN! Give me Bebop and Rocksteady, and Krang and the technodrome! Retelling the Shredder story again just to get the 'cycle of vengeance' B.S. incorporated? No thanks, I won't be getting a ticket!

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.

Last edited by Panda_Kahn_fan; 12-31-2014 at 11:58 AM.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 11:48 AM   #37
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Some people just needs to learn to deal with it, This new version of TMNT, The TV Show, and the new Movie, Are aimed at a new generation. Some people just don't like change.
Old 12-31-2014, 11:50 AM   #38
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Some people just needs to learn to deal with it, This new version of TMNT, The TV Show, and the new Movie, Are aimed at a new generation. Some people just don't like change.
you do realize by just accepting you do more harm to your beloved franchise

https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 11:51 AM   #39
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
JESUS

You do realize there are people here who hate the movie but love the cartoon right?

Or does that just not fit your personal bias?

Quote:
Old 12-31-2014, 11:57 AM   #40
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
JESUS

You do realize there are people here who hate the movie but love the cartoon right?

Or does that just not fit your personal bias?
I love the new cartoon and the new movie, Its made for a new generation, Your just trying to instigate things, For that I'm just gonna ignore and move on.

Tags
reboot