The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 12-31-2014, 04:14 PM   #61
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Hey, guilty pleasures aren't a bad thing. I have plenty of guilty pleasures that aren't TMNT related, and I know there are some people who wouldn't like that. And you know what? That's okay. But what saddens me is that this movie has just turned people into elitists who think that those who don't like aren't really TMNT fans, and that's just sad.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 04:16 PM   #62
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeah, the "true fan" stuff is rather low blow in-fighting no matter who it's aimed at and just not needed. Sort of thing people start resorting to I think when they've got little else left to go on.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 04:20 PM   #63
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Hey, guilty pleasures aren't a bad thing. I have plenty of guilty pleasures that aren't TMNT related, and I know there are some people who wouldn't like that. And you know what? That's okay. But what saddens me is that this movie has just turned people into elitists who think that those who don't like aren't really TMNT fans, and that's just sad.
Guilty Pleasures such as, Howard the Duck, That was the very first marvel comics movie.

And even the Super Mario Bros movie is also a guilty pleasure, Cause it was the first film based on a video game.
Old 12-31-2014, 04:25 PM   #64
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Guilty Pleasures such as, Howard the Duck, That was the very first marvel comics movie.

And even the Super Mario Bros movie is also a guilty pleasure, Cause it was the first film based on a video game.
but see man this is why people get annoyed..you completely brush over everything and only acknoledge the most random things that dont even have to do with the topic at hand

https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 04:28 PM   #65
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
but see man this is why people get annoyed..you completely brush over everything and only acknoledge the most random things that dont even have to do with the topic at hand
Someone mention guilty pleasures, so I made some examples.
Old 12-31-2014, 04:31 PM   #66
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Do you think there is anyway we can reach out to Viacom/Nickelodeon about a proper reboot of the TMNT movie franchise? Like a mirage style movie like the first one. I feel that we are in an age where fans are more vocal and have a say on what we would like.
Now back to the topic at hand, I doubt they will ever use the Mirage comics as a point of references for the sequels, The new movie borrowed elements from the IDW comics, and I wouldn't be surprise if they used some of the ideas for Bebop and Rocksteady of the IDW series into the sequel.
Old 12-31-2014, 06:08 PM   #67
Leo656
The Franchise

If "made for a new generation" and "made for simpletons" has to be the same thing, then screw it, this "TMNT" thing may as well get the ax.

The Nick show lasted one and a half good seasons before they ran out of steam, and the new movie is garbage to anyone who wasn't born yesterday. "Condescending"? Sure, it's also Plain Truth. The best things about this franchise currently is a decent comic nobody reads and a bunch of reprints of comics nobody's read in decades. And a bunch of people grasping at straws, arguing in circles about which piss-poor version of the brand is sucking more or less than the rest of it.

Hooray? Some "Renaissance."

"You're so mean! Nobody cares if anything's any good! It's about keeping 'the brand' alive! It's all for kids! All I care about is more plaaaaaastiiiiiic...."

The fact that so many people are willing to celebrate mediocrity, or even garbage, just because it has that brand name label on it... I honestly don't care anymore. We've Seen Enough. I'd rather the brand be remembered as something mostly good, with a few misfires, as it was for the first 30 years, and not the cycle of badly-done retreads it's apparently turning into. Nobody knows what to do with it, and the "fans" apparently can't tell sh*t from Shinola. Would it... would it really be so bad if they just... stopped? I'm actually rooting for that at this point.

"But if you don't like Everything, you're not a fan!" Guess I'm not a fan, then. Because it's gradually getting to the point where the TMNT stuff that Sucks is going to be far greater than the stuff that Doesn't Suck. And if you're "okay" with that, if "Being a TMNT Fan" means you suck it all down and say nothing about it, then screw it, I don't want to be lumped in with people like that.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 06:11 PM   #68
Purse Grabbin Puke
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
and see i have no issues with you saying you dont like it...granted i don't love it..its more of a quilty pleasure..but im not gonna sit here and berate you

im sure there are TMNT things you like i dont

as you said its not the individual things of TMNT we like or dislike its the TMNT idea that brings us here
What if you had to see Bubbly's hatred for the Next Mutation every time you post something? Would you either try and defend NM, or would you get annoyed at having to hear for the 1 MILLIONTH time that NM sucked?
Old 12-31-2014, 06:17 PM   #69
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purse Grabbin Puke View Post
What if you had to see Bubbly's hatred for the Next Mutation every time you post something? Would you either try and defend NM, or would you get annoyed at having to hear for the 1 MILLIONTH time that NM sucked?
Hey, did you know the new Ninja Turtles movie sucked ass?

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 06:17 PM   #70
Purse Grabbin Puke
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
If "made for a new generation" and "made for simpletons" has to be the same thing, then screw it, this "TMNT" thing may as well get the ax.

The Nick show lasted one and a half good seasons before they ran out of steam, and the new movie is garbage to anyone who wasn't born yesterday. "Condescending"? Sure, it's also Plain Truth. The best things about this franchise currently is a decent comic nobody reads and a bunch of reprints of comics nobody's read in decades. And a bunch of people grasping at straws, arguing in circles about which piss-poor version of the brand is sucking more or less than the rest of it.

Hooray? Some "Renaissance."

"You're so mean! Nobody cares if anything's any good! It's about keeping 'the brand' alive! It's all for kids! All I care about is more plaaaaaastiiiiiic...."

The fact that so many people are willing to celebrate mediocrity, or even garbage, just because it has that brand name label on it... I honestly don't care anymore. We've Seen Enough. I'd rather the brand be remembered as something mostly good, with a few misfires, as it was for the first 30 years, and not the cycle of badly-done retreads it's apparently turning into. Nobody knows what to do with it, and the "fans" apparently can't tell sh*t from Shinola. Would it... would it really be so bad if they just... stopped? I'm actually rooting for that at this point.

"But if you don't like Everything, you're not a fan!" Guess I'm not a fan, then. Because it's gradually getting to the point where the TMNT stuff that Sucks is going to be far greater than the stuff that Doesn't Suck. And if you're "okay" with that, if "Being a TMNT Fan" means you suck it all down and say nothing about it, then screw it, I don't want to be lumped in with people like that.
I think the Nick cartoon is excellent, and has been excellent all the way through. Am I just excepting mediocrity? I have an idea of what I would love to see as a TMNT fan, I haven't gotten it yet, but that doesn't mean I'm going to trash the failures or the iterations that I don't like, because if you actually go into something with an open mind, you might find things you never thought of and end up enjoying them.

Wishing they stop trying is really just dumb, sorry, but it is. You don't have to acknowledge the versions you don't like. They don't have to be in your life. I don't like a lot of versions of TMNT, I choose to only talk about or watch the ones I DO like. You have the same option.

Tags
reboot