The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 04:17 PM   #1061
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Shredder reminds me of IDW, which is a great route to go.
Old 05-28-2015, 04:30 PM   #1062
graphic_content
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Know what would have been awesome?

Dangerous and violent criminals turned into dangerous and violent animal mutants competent enough to pose a legitimate threat to the Turtles.

Nah. Bumbling sidekicks.
based on the OT bro. based on the OT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Oh I'm not like the best movie of 2016. Some would say I'm the Reverse.
I see what you did there. best show this season. except for Brooklyn 99, but thats another category altogether.
Old 05-28-2015, 04:31 PM   #1063
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic_content View Post
Okay. Doesn't make it the right way to go.

The OT got me into the Turtles. I love it.

Don't want to see it adapted to live action.

Quote:
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
Old 05-28-2015, 04:38 PM   #1064
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:

i think the issue is, people are treating the OT like more than what it really was

the OT got the turtles to be what they are today...yes if it wasnt for the OT Turtle Mania would never have happened

HOWEVER pass to first 10 episodes..the OT has no real story that can easily be adapted into a live action film

now you can borrow elements from it and make a great film..but now with these guys at the wheel

https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle

Last edited by The Boston Ninja Turtle; 05-28-2015 at 04:57 PM.
Old 05-28-2015, 04:54 PM   #1065
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
OT apparently looks ridiculous in live action.

Whoda thunk it.
Not half as ridiculous as the CGI eyesore in your sig
Old 05-28-2015, 04:56 PM   #1066
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Not half as ridiculous as the CGI eyesore in your sig
No, more ridiculous.

Quote:
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:20 PM   #1067
graphic_content
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Okay. Doesn't make it the right way to go.

The OT got me into the Turtles. I love it.

Don't want to see it adapted to live action.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
i think the issue is, people are treating the OT like more than what it really was

the OT got the turtles to be what they are today...yes if it wasnt for the OT Turtle Mania would never have happened

HOWEVER pass to first 10 episodes..the OT has no real story that can easily be adapted into a live action film

now you can borrow elements from it and make a great film..but now with these guys at the wheel
BUT YOU BOTH HIT IT RIGHT ON THE HEAD - the Fred Wolf cartoon got you both into the Turtles - it got me into them, and probably a majority of their existing adult fanbase. and while its true it RIDICULOUS, that's what the general populace remembers, and what the general populace will eat up in the theaters - at the end of the day, film is still a business.

my absolute favorite storyline of the Turtles is from the comics - a story titled: the 49th Street Stompers - but I will never see it in film format, nor should I ever expect to.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:21 PM   #1068
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:

my absolute favorite storyline of the Turtles is from the comics - a story titled: the 49th Street Stompers - but I will never see it in film format, nor should I ever expect to.
That is a great story, and I would have been amazing to see it in Live-action with the same care and dedication like Daredevil got.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:24 PM   #1069
graphic_content
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
That is a great story, and I would have been amazing to see it in Live-action with the same care and dedication like Daredevil got.
agreed, but given that the Turtles get handled with the 'this is for kids' gloves, sadly such will never come to pass...

...unless a dedicated indie filmmaker comes along, which I would totally back on kickstarter or something.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:28 PM   #1070
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
BUT YOU BOTH HIT IT RIGHT ON THE HEAD - the Fred Wolf cartoon got you both into the Turtles
But I don't care. Nostalgia takes a back seat to a good/better movie.

For me, at least.

Quote:
Old 05-28-2015, 05:28 PM   #1071
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Fight the Foot crew made a pretty good looking Raph costume, with a higher budget and some tweaking and add the rest of the brothers, it could have been pretty sweet.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:38 PM   #1072
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Sheamus posted this on twitter
Good night with good people in #NYC @GaryAWilliams @brian_tee @mirellytaylor

Old 05-28-2015, 05:41 PM   #1073
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Fight the Foot crew made a pretty good looking Raph costume, with a higher budget and some tweaking and add the rest of the brothers, it could have been pretty sweet.
They really did. Only thing I wasn't a fan of was the over the shoulder bits connecting the plastron to the carapace.

Never liked that, the few times I've seen it. Makes them look like they're wearing a sleeveless shirt.

Fantastic suit otherwise.

Quote:
Old 05-28-2015, 05:46 PM   #1074
Galactus
Foot Elite

I have said this many times before but the people behind these movies just don't seem to "get" it. They altered their plans to make the turtles aliens and even gave us a Japanese Shredder but didn't really include the reasons why fans wanted those things so badly.

They've seemingly gone into overdrive to deliver all kinds of fan pleasing elements in this sequel so if they happened to read the general reactions I can picture them scratching their heads wondering "we're giving them everything they wanted; what more could they want?"

Firstly while this movie looks to visually give us more of what we expect from TMNT I don't think there's any guarantee that it's story and characters will be any better done. We still have the same writers and what looks like the same hallmarks like the myriad celebrity support roles and Megan Fox in situations designed to humorously titillate.

But mostly it doesn't seem to have really learned any sense of balance. Throwing so many concepts and characters at us fan favorite or not has ruined many a movie. It also doesn't look like they've really fixed the identity crisis the last movie had. They tried to meld Dark Knight-esque realism with ultra goofy stuff, this isn't exactly a bad idea in fact if any franchise suited that approach it would be TMNT but it really needs the people to making it to "get" it, to understand which elements to present in which tone.

It's like they didn't have a sense of balance and that seems to have gotten worse. Here we have a realistic and menacing looking (at least compared to the last movie) Shredder and the Foot intermingling with Bebop and Rocksteady which look like they've stepped right out of the Fred Wolf show. I think even the biggest Fred Wolf fan would concede there's elements that don't lend themselves well to a semi-serious live action movie.

For years fans debated whether the movies should veer more towards Mirage Comics for their inspiration or the Fred Wolf show. Boosters of the latter often argued that characters like Bebop and Rocksteady needn't be bungling oafs but genuinely menacing characters but does the above picture look like they wont be bungling oafs? How is that going to mesh with what looks like a more serious Shredder?

Last edited by Galactus; 05-28-2015 at 07:32 PM.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:49 PM   #1075
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
I have said this many times before but the people behind these movies just don't seem to "get" it. They altered their plans to make the turtles aliens and even gave us a Japanese Shredder but didn't really include the reasons why fans wanted those things so badly.

They've seemingly gone into overdrive to deliver all kinds of fan pleasing elements in this sequel so if they happened to read the general reactions I can picture them scratching their heads wondering "we're giving them everything they wanted; what more could they want?"

Firstly while this movie looks to visually give us more of what we expect from TMNT I don't think there's any guarantee that it's story and characters will be any better done. We still have the same writers and what looks like the same hallmarks like the myriad celebrity support roles and Megan Fox in situations designed to humorously titillate.

But mostly it doesn't seem to have really learned any sense of balance. Throwing so many concepts and characters at us fan favorite or not has ruined many a movie. It also doesn't look like they've really fixed the identity crisis the last movie had. They tried to meld Dark Knight-esque realism with ultra goofy stuff, this isn't exactly a bad idea in fact if any franchise was more suited to that than TMNT but it really people to "get" it to understand which elements to veer in which direction.

It's like they didn't have a sense of balance and that seems to have gotten worse. Here we have a realistic and menacing looking (at least compared to the last movie) Shredder and the Foot intermingling with Bebop and Rocksteady which look like they've stepped right out of the Fred Wolf show. I think even the biggest Fred Wolf fan would concede there's elements that lend themselves well to a semi-serious live action movie.

For years fans debated whether the movies should veer more towards Mirage Comics for their inspiration or the Fred Wolf show. Boosters of the latter often argued that characters like Bebop and Rocksteady needn't be bungling oafs but genuinely menacing characters but does the above picture look like they wont be bungling oafs? How is that going to mesh with what looks like a more serious Shredder?
How do you hit the nail on the head every single time. Amazing. This, exactly, exactly this.

Quote:
Old 05-28-2015, 05:49 PM   #1076
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Sheamus posted this on twitter
Good night with good people in #NYC @GaryAWilliams @brian_tee @mirellytaylor

http://i.imgur.com/fxNMubU.jpg
Typical villains, thinking they aren't the bad guys.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:49 PM   #1077
Powder
So tired of this place

Yeah, Bebop & Rocksteady look way over the top here. Not great. I mean, if they were going for the absurd angle, they're perfect, but this sh*t's supposed to be "grounded in reality" & they've done nothing but contradict their own agenda from the start.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Old 05-28-2015, 05:52 PM   #1078
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Yeah, Bebop & Rocksteady look way over the top here. Not great. I mean, if they were going for the absurd angle, they're perfect, but this sh*t's supposed to be "grounded in reality" & they've done nothing but contradict their own agenda from the start.
Well, That's what people want, a live action version of the 80s cartoon, And I'm ok with that.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:53 PM   #1079
Huzzah
Mad Scientist

A similar contrast in IDW happened with Bebop and Rocksteady, looking Fred Wolf - like, but that didn't seem to eliminate their effectiveness. Mind you, I don't trust these writers to meld seperate elements as successfully as IDW has.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:54 PM   #1080
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huzzah View Post
A similar contrast in IDW happened with Bebop and Rocksteady, looking Fred Wolf - like, but that didn't seem to eliminate their effectiveness. Mind you, I don't trust these writers to meld seperate elements as successfully as IDW has.
I don't trust them to be able to pee into a toilet straight.

Quote:
Closed Thread

Tags
cybercubed thinks deep, tigerclaw is cybercubed, tmnt2