The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 04-29-2018, 01:18 AM   #21
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
The thought of being trapped in a burning building has never sat well with me. Or other fire-related situations.
Oh, that's good. The thought of being in any kind of situation like the World Trade Center is pretty mortifying... like, trapped on the 35th floor of something, when the 20th-25th is nothing but a raging fire? Jesus.

Also, Alzheimer's. The idea of slowly losing your mind and old, fading memories becoming blurred with reality as you slowly die, and not even realizing it... truly nightmarish.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 04:26 PM   #22
DWC
Banned

Lots of things...

Heights, dogs, needles, spiders, snakes and any sort of dangerous animal really.

I also have this really big fear of going blind for some reason.
DWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 06:24 PM   #23
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC View Post
Lots of things...

Heights, dogs, needles, spiders, snakes and any sort of dangerous animal really.

I also have this really big fear of going blind for some reason.
Well, that fear is not completely unfounded. Diabetes can make you go blind, for example. So in case that condition runs in your family or if you're in risk in diabetes atm, that's a valid concern. Bein blind sounds scary, indeed.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 06:28 PM   #24
DWC
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Well, that fear is not completely unfounded. Diabetes can make you go blind, for example. So in case that condition runs in your family or if you're in risk in diabetes atm, that's a valid concern. Bein blind sounds scary, indeed.
Yeah my mum and grandad are diabetic, so it's a worry. I will just have to take care of myself as best I can.
DWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 06:44 PM   #25
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Oh, that's good. The thought of being in any kind of situation like the World Trade Center is pretty mortifying... like, trapped on the 35th floor of something, when the 20th-25th is nothing but a raging fire? Jesus.

Also, Alzheimer's. The idea of slowly losing your mind and old, fading memories becoming blurred with reality as you slowly die, and not even realizing it... truly nightmarish.
This is why I hope I'll never have to work in a very tall building. Most buildings are not that tall in my country, so it's no worry. But really, how does one properly evacuate a skyscraper when there's a big fire? You're not supposed to use the elevators in case of a fire, so that means if you're in the 56th floor you gotta climb the stairs all the way down.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 10:01 PM   #26
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Eh, being blind isn't all that bad. Mr. Duckie has lost about 70% of his vision from diabetes, but he hasn't really been bothered by it. He still does most of the same things he ever did, like "watching" tv or movies (mostly listening and watching what little he can still see.) I am also veey nearly "blind", being so badly nearsighted that without my glasses I can see only blurred shapes. Would I love to have full vision back? Sure. But I'm so used to not seeing well that it barely seems a problem. He is the same way- he's learned to adapt and find ways to work around it.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 03:15 AM   #27
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

1 Spiders

2 ghosts/demons

I know pretty cliche and cookie cutter.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 03:53 PM   #28
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
But as you already said, people with dementia aren't aware of it themselves. It's worse for their families and friends. It must be worse to have AIDS or incurable cancer, and be full aware of it.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote