The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 11-15-2017, 05:07 PM   #1
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Human migration from Earth to Dimension X in the original series?

In the 1987–1996 series episode "Splinter No More", it's claimed that some cultists used an abandoned subway station beneath Manhattan to open portals from Earth to Dimension X during the 1920's.

May this have caused some Human migration from Earth to Dimension X in that series? I'm not talking of any mass-migration like Stargate, probably just some few cultists. But still, because of this there may have been a planet somwhere in Dimension X with Earth-Humans?

Would you like if the series had explored this deeper? Or maybe would like it being put into future TMNT versions?

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 01-31-2019 at 12:36 PM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 07:50 AM   #2
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

The cultists seem inspired by lovecraftian cultists, with the portal under new york, and the tentacled creature who came through the portal when shredder opened it. My guess is if those cultists made it to Dimension X, they fell prey to one of the many alien races there, or maybe settled on a small planet somewhere. I don't think they'd be a big enough of a presence to be of any threat to krang's army, or the Neutrinoes, or any of the others major powers of dimension X

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 09:13 AM   #3
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
In the 1987–1996 series episode "Splinter No More", it's claimed that some cultists used an abandoned subway station beneath Manhattan to open portals from Earth to Dimension X during the 1920's.
I should watch that one again. I remember really liking it.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 11:06 AM   #4
neatoman
Emperor

Guess it would explain this:
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 01:47 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord

The Federation from Mirage/4kids are blatant humans living in space. So maybe it's similar.

At least Neutrinos have elf ears, but there's no explanation for the human Federation.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:02 PM   #6
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The Federation from Mirage/4kids are blatant humans living in space. So maybe it's similar.

At least Neutrinos have elf ears, but there's no explanation for the human Federation.
One of them is named "Johnson" in the Fugitoid Micro. From that I can deduce they were originally just going to be earthlings in the far future before it was retconned to fit with the TMNT world. I know that's not a very satisfying explaination, doesn't give an in universe reason, it's just worth noting.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:04 PM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

The only reason the Federation existed was just to give the Triceratons some other alien race to fight against.

However now later incarnations just make the Utroms or Neutrinos their enemies, and do away with the Federation altogether. I mean there's no reason for a human alien race to exist when you can use some of the other alien races in the franchise instead.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:12 PM   #8
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:

Yeah, it's kinda funny how they're humans living in space. Perhaps Eastman and Laird just couldn't think of any other alien race to fight against the Triceratons.

Funny enough, when the Fugitoid meets the Turtles, he says something like "I guess people from your own homeland look like you"

Anyway, there were also TONS of non-human species living in the Federation planets.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:45 PM   #9
Overlord

Quote:
At least Neutrinos have elf ears.
And born with psychokinesis-telekinetic abilities.
Old 11-24-2017, 06:29 PM   #10
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:

I assumed it was a parallel evolution kind of thing. You know, like how Star Wars has humans on a bunch of different planets despite taking place "a long time ago".
Old 11-24-2017, 10:51 PM   #11
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Yeah, it's kinda funny how they're humans living in space. Perhaps Eastman and Laird just couldn't think of any other alien race to fight against the Triceratons.
They actually made the alien race human because they wanted to go against the typical concept of humanoids being the good guys.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 12:02 PM   #12
Overlord

I rewatched some season 4 episodes (greatest Technodrome location ever), and noticed several Earthlike rocky planets visible from that Volcanic asteroid. One of them was even orbited by cosmic dust ("rings").

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 02-16-2018 at 06:53 AM.