The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 06-22-2018, 02:13 PM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Exit Sonic: By Sonic The Comic Writer Nigel Kitching

Just read Sonic The Comic Online#275, a great anniversary story that finally put to bed all the long-running storylines from the last few years, but what was more interesting was the beginning of the new back-up strip "Exit: Sonic" written by original STC veteran Nigel Kitching.

Spoiler:
It's set in the far future, and we find that Sonic is a godfather to a child being raised by Amy and Tekno the Canary, and Amy named the child after Johnny Litefoot.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 01:17 PM   #2
2K3
Foot Soldier

Been a fan of Fleetway's "Sonic the Comic" since I was 8; probably one of my favourite interpretations of the Blue Blur. And Nigel Kitching is probably one of the best writers for the series.
2K3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 03:45 AM   #3
ZariusTwo
Overlord

The full special is out

http://www.stconline.co.uk/comics/exitsonic/

Spoiler:
Sonic is speeding along when Tails catches up to him. Sonic is feeling a bit under the weather but goes with him to meet up with the remaining Freedom Fighters. We learn Amy is now a mother to a son that she's named after Johnny Litefoot...but while the father of the child is unknown, she is in a relationship with BFF Tekno the Canary and Sonic is Johnny's godfather.

Sonic hasn't been feeling too well, and Porker Lewis has set up a chaos dialysis machine for him. Doctor Robotnik is a prisoner and is seemingly insane. Knuckles reveals Robotnik came through the group's Chaos Emerald Array, having been trapped in a Chaos vortex for many years. Porker explains the assembled chaos emeralds apparently drew Robotnik back to their world, since he too is made of Chaos energy.

Robotnik suddenly ambuses the freedom fighters, revealing that he had used a homing device hidden in his tooth to bring his faithful ally Grimmer to the headquarters so he could free him..and Grimmer brought a friend as well...Super Sonic!

Super Sonic destroys the diallisis machine, Porker traps him in a stasis feild and attempts to repair what he destroyed and partially succeeds, but the effort drains all the power in the room, leading to emergency power being run. Robotnik cheers on Super Sonic, but the unstable hedgehog murders Grimmer and almost Robotnik as well. Super Sonic chokes out regular Sonic, Porker blasts him with chaos energy but it's seemingly too late and Sonic is killed

But...PLOT TWIST, the diallisis machine was siphoning chaos energy from Sonic and storing it within the chaos emeralds, Porker revealed this was the cause of Sonic's illness. Robotnik steadily recovers...but he's now reverted back to his old self, Doctor Kintober. He rambles on about phase fields and quantium frequencies, and Poker reveals that's exactly what he did to merge Super Sonic and Sonic together, restoring Sonic to full health!

The story's epilouge sees Kintober moving his equipment to the floating island, where it's revealed his old Robotnik persona has been saved to computer. Kintober shuts the computer down
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 10:05 AM   #4
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K3 View Post
Been a fan of Fleetway's "Sonic the Comic" since I was 8; probably one of my favourite interpretations of the Blue Blur. And Nigel Kitching is probably one of the best writers for the series.
Agreed. I’m not a big fan of STC Online, but I loved Exit Sonic. Liked that one could understand what was going on even if you never read the other Online stories.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote