The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 01-11-2015, 08:01 AM   #21
Vicky82
Emperor

Yeah it's on in an hour

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 08:32 AM   #22
evan2000
Stone Warrior

Alright, just one more SpongeBob episode to endure through
evan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 09:13 AM   #23
Gunstar_Red
Foot Soldier

c/' "Forget your troubles, come on get happy
You better chase all your troubles away
Shout Hallelujah, come on get happy
Get ready for new episode day!

Mikey is smiling, come on get happy
Donnie's waiting to take your hand
Shout Hallelujah, come on get happy
We are going back to the sewer today!

Forget your troubles, come on get happy
It's a new TMNT episode today~!

Yeah!" c/'

...sorry. ^^; Anyways, the new time slot is bad. For me, it already aired really early in the morning, but I'm working all day. I've got it recorded, so I'm going to watch it late at night after work. The anticipation!

"Surrender to the fact that life isn't fair."
Gunstar_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 10:01 AM   #24
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan2000 View Post
Alright, just one more SpongeBob episode to endure through
Pshh... I went and got a shower and all that stuff instead to kill time, worked like a charm. (After watching two hours of TMNT repeats on Nicktoons first.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 10:10 AM   #25
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

why don't they air it Friday night or Saturday morning like they have in the past? Why the change to sunday? i don't get it.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 11:19 AM   #26
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Why are people acting like this is the first time the show has aired on Sunday?
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 11:24 AM   #27
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm more surprised that in the age of the digital internet, people still complain about missing an episode on TV when you could find it online by the end of the day. This isn't the 90's when you were out of luck if you missed an episode.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 01:30 PM   #28
evan2000
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I'm more surprised that in the age of the digital internet, people still complain about missing an episode on TV when you could find it online by the end of the day. This isn't the 90's when you were out of luck if you missed an episode.
Gone were the days. But the more things advanced, the more spoiled we become eventually. Not being able to keep up with the rest has become a problem now.
evan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 02:04 PM   #29
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Time to break out the conspiracy theories.

The Legend of Korra had good ratings throughout, so Nickelodeon renewed it for an additional three seasons before season one concluded. When season two premiered there was too little promotion and as result the ratings were dropping, this continued until midway through season three when the ratings were so bad they decided to just dump the restoring season and a half online.

TMNT debuted the same year and like Korra it had the third season (and maybe also the fourth, I can't remember) greenlit before season one had concluded. And much like The Legend of Korra, there has been a lot of oddities with promotion and airtime. And just like Korra, the ratings have dropped.

The conspiracy is that for whatever reason the producers want these shows fail.

Of course a more likely reason is that Korra and TMNT were both building upon previous successes, as such the network might just believe that they would bring in ratings regardless of how they handeled the airings, so they just decided to promote shows "less likely" to draw attention on their own. Which is a disaster for the "recognisable" shows since they still needed promotion for people to know when they were on...
Before I start to agree with you, I just want to mention that Korra also got moved to online due to the violence and storytelling. And with the storytelling that TMNT 2012 is getting, it wouldn't surprise me if it got moved to online, too.

Here's the thing: Nick would rather advertise reruns of the damn Sponge rather than TMNT or LoK. LoK ended on a good note, so at least it shows that Nick had nothing to do with the storytelling. But I feel like moving it to Sunday was a better choice: people usually go out on Friday nights, and it's shown from ratings. But Saturday is still the best timeslot.

I really think this show should be moved to Cartoon Network. Star Wars: The Clone Wars had intense story-arcs with a lot of violence. The soccer moms complained, but CN didn't really give a damn; they knew the kids would watch it anyways. With Nick, they mostly care about stupid shows, like the GODDAMN SPONGE.
Foombamaroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 03:29 PM   #30
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
If only it was that easy for every person. Some of us can't even see videos that Nick throws a lock on their site because our cable company is wrong.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 05:10 PM   #31
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
Call us old fashioned, but for some of us there's just something special about catching it when it airs on television.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 06:42 PM   #32
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:

The Legend of Korra had good ratings throughout, so Nickelodeon renewed it for an additional three seasons before season one concluded. When season two premiered there was too little promotion and as result the ratings were dropping, this continued until midway through season three when the ratings were so bad they decided to just dump the restoring season and a half online.

TMNT debuted the same year and like Korra it had the third season (and maybe also the fourth, I can't remember) greenlit before season one had concluded. And much like The Legend of Korra, there has been a lot of oddities with promotion and airtime. And just like Korra, the ratings have dropped.

Of course a more likely reason is that Korra and TMNT were both building upon previous successes, as such the network might just believe that they would bring in ratings regardless of how they handeled the airings, so they just decided to promote shows "less likely" to draw attention on their own. Which is a disaster for the "recognisable" shows since they still needed promotion for people to know when they were on...
I totally agree with this. The writing is on the wall. The show is treated very poorly. However, if they kill the show, how do they expect to make new figures if there are no more new characters to make figures of because of no show? I mean they have the other stuff but the main Nick toyline would be dead. Seems kind of dumb to me.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 11:54 PM   #33
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
I totally agree with this. The writing is on the wall. The show is treated very poorly. However, if they kill the show, how do they expect to make new figures if there are no more new characters to make figures of because of no show? I mean they have the other stuff but the main Nick toyline would be dead. Seems kind of dumb to me.
What on earth are you saying? Korra had little to no merch besides the show. In fact I don't think it ever had anything, no toyline and no comics.

Nick TMNT has a toyline plus the various merch with the Nick designs for the Turtles on them. They have no reason to can the show anytime soon especially with a movie sequel greenlit too.

If you really think Nick is going to pull the plug on anything, the IDW comic would likely go first. Considering Nick only gets a small percentage of the profits of the comic because they have to share the sales with IDW, I'd say that would go well before the show.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 03:08 AM   #34
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I must agree with you as most episodes of new show are up on youtube and torrents in less than a day after release so we dont have to worry anymore if we miss a a episode on tv. I remeber back in the 90's and the early 200'0s where we had not any other choice than to watch them on tv. I had missed a few 2003 series episodes because i was out or had something else to do at the time they aired. But now these times are gone. Yes i know that there might be a few people who dont have internet but how many are they? And at the time of this post the new episode is not on the internet yet we wil have to wait til the end of the day it seems
Old 01-12-2015, 02:06 PM   #35
Donnieangelo
Hench Mutant

I'm glad that I don't have Nickelodeon.

I don't think I'll stay here much longer.

It was fun while it lasted!
Donnieangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 07:15 AM   #36
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:

Sadly, this is a well known plot device the big networks used in trying to get rid of a popular show for some reason they didn't want to produce no more. Most likely contracts are what keeps them from cancelling the shows outright, so they just move it around, put specials or other shows in it's usual slot during rerun weeks, don't promote it and such, to the point where the ratings dip far enough for them to finally use it to justify their reasons of cancelling the show. The real question is though, what is it that got the producers/network from being behind the show 100% to all of a sudden being against it and making sure it fails? Is there someone behind the show butting heads with certain execs? A producer or an actor? (this is often the biggest reason behind the mishandling of a show, friction between ceos and show producers/actors.) Is the show really too expensive to produce? Could it be that the ceo's want to sell the product/characters? Maybe the success of the movie could be a factor? They rather dump all energy into the movie which was a modest success instead?
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 07:28 AM   #37
DarthRaphael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Sadly, this is a well known plot device the big networks used in trying to get rid of a popular show for some reason they didn't want to produce no more. Most likely contracts are what keeps them from cancelling the shows outright, so they just move it around, put specials or other shows in it's usual slot during rerun weeks, don't promote it and such, to the point where the ratings dip far enough for them to finally use it to justify their reasons of cancelling the show. The real question is though, what is it that got the producers/network from being behind the show 100% to all of a sudden being against it and making sure it fails? Is there someone behind the show butting heads with certain execs? A producer or an actor? (this is often the biggest reason behind the mishandling of a show, friction between ceos and show producers/actors.) Is the show really too expensive to produce? Could it be that the ceo's want to sell the product/characters? Maybe the success of the movie could be a factor? They rather dump all energy into the movie which was a modest success instead?

Not just picking on you here, but I want some proof that we know that Nick wants TMNT to fail. I think it makes more sense for a kids cartoon to have new eps premiere on the weekend, almost like the old Saturday morning cartoons. TMNT toys and merchandise is everywhere and I don't see any signs of it selling slowing down, so I can't think of a reason why Nick would want it gone.

I edit your posts
DarthRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 07:41 AM   #38
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRaphael View Post
Not just picking on you here, but I want some proof that we know that Nick wants TMNT to fail. I think it makes more sense for a kids cartoon to have new eps premiere on the weekend, almost like the old Saturday morning cartoons. TMNT toys and merchandise is everywhere and I don't see any signs of it selling slowing down, so I can't think of a reason why Nick would want it gone.
Lot of complaints from everywhere (look up IGN review, they even note it) that Nick gives very little promotion the show and very few people are aware when it is to air. And then when there is no new show, instead of just airing a rerun, they rather air reruns of Full House. It seems to me that Nick Toons was doing a better job of promoting the 2k3 marathon than the primary channel is with the 2012. If the network didn't want the show to fail, then why not air it as much as possible to get people to watch their network? It should be aired as much as Spongebob, since last I looked, TMNT is the second most popular show on Nick behind Sponge Bob. But instead of relishing that, the first thing they did was move it to another time slot and replaced it with Breadwinners and some other stupid show that is getting dismal ratings. Please tell me the proof that Nick does want the show to succeed when it keeps moving it out of successful timeslots and replacing it with crap shows?
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nick