The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 02-22-2023, 01:59 PM   #1
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

GOP Rep. Barry Moore Wants AR-15 as 'National Gun of America'

Quote:
https://www.newsweek.com/gop-rep-bar...merica-1782885

GOP Rep. Barry Moore Wants AR-15 as 'National Gun of America'

By Kaitlin Lewis On 2/21/23 at 10:07 PM EST

Alabama Representative Barry Moore, a staunch gun-rights supporter, is proposing that the AR-15 rifle should be the "National Gun of America."

Congressional records indicate that the bill was first introduced by Moore on Friday, but the House has not received the full text.

If Moore's proposal were to make it through both the GOP-controlled House and the Democratic-controlled Senate, the AR-15 would take its place beside some of the nation's most coveted symbols, such as the U.S. flag that was approved by Congress in 1777.
Christ, Alabama... If you want to make it your "official state gun" then you do you, but that has GOT to be one of the most Redneck things I've heard in a long time!

I don't care that hunters need them or that hobbyists like them, but using them for symbolic macho dick waving and making it a coveted symbol alongside the flag is rather gross. Pretty obvious he thinks he's trying to come up with a loophole to make ownership of them by anyone in this country immune from criticism, even when terrible things happen. Yet is he also working on a plan to help mental health issues in this country that might help curb the would-be murderous lunatics that have their hands on them or will?? Nah...
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 02:45 PM   #2
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Good. And good for them. A pretty decent piece.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 03:34 PM   #3
joe-eyeball
Stone Warrior

Nonsensical clickbait BS that’s not worth getting all worked up over! Bills that never stand a chance in getting passed get written and discarded all the time. He knows this and just wants to get a pat on the back from his constituents for bringing it up.
joe-eyeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 05:49 PM   #4
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

National anythings are sort of fluff items so...whatever?

However...

Quote:
but that has GOT to be one of the most Redneck things I've heard in a long time!
Nothin' wrong with that. I am from a long line of rednecks on my dads side and they are more or less good people. No need to denegrate them.

Quote:
even when terrible things happen.
Yeah, and terrible things rarely happen with rifles. Its more handguns, then people try to violate the rights of people with rifles.

Quote:
Yet is he also working on a plan to help mental health issues in this country that might help curb the would-be murderous lunatics that have their hands on them or will??
I am sure he could...but these are two completely separate issues.
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 02:08 AM   #5
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut810 View Post
Yeah, and terrible things rarely happen with rifles. Its more handguns, then people try to violate the rights of people with rifles.
Akin to lies, damned lies, and statistics.

In the same way that men proportionally have more car accidents on the road than women, but women cause bigger pileups, it's a tale of two sides here with firearms and mass shootings. Yes, more mass shootings have taken place using handguns compared to assault rifles (about double). However, and probably not surprising, more deaths have occurred per mass shooting when rifles have been involved compared to handguns.
Old 02-23-2023, 04:21 PM   #6
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Mmm, nah. If anything, our national gun should be the Winchester rifle.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 06:28 PM   #7
joe-eyeball
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Mmm, nah. If anything, our national gun should be the Winchester rifle.
My vote goes for the Colt single action army!
joe-eyeball is offline   Reply With Quote