The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 07-14-2016, 08:10 AM   #41
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Yuuup, just like with anything that gets popular, people will do stupid things. Not the game's fault, people are just lacking common sense when they play it.

I never play it alone, myself. I always have someone else with me to help me pay attention. [Also, I don't have a sense of direction. Even if the game itself is a map, I still get lost, I **** you not]
Old 07-14-2016, 01:29 PM   #42
Vicky82
Emperor

it come out in the UK today, I caught a Bulbasaur, a Spearow and a Abra in my house.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 01:32 PM   #43
CyberCubed
Overlord

I wonder if all these casuals will continue playing once they start adding Johto, Hoenn, etc. pokemon to the game. It seems these are the type of people who only know or like the original 151 pokemon.

Once they start adding new pokemon that went beyond their childhood nostalgia stage they'll probably drop the app. As expected of casuals, they're only playing because its something they remember as kids, once it goes on past that the casuals will move on just like they did when the new gens of the games came out.

Casuals.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 01:32 PM   #44
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

How are people catching anything in their houses? GPS doesn't work inside them.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 03:32 PM   #45
joe-eyeball
Stone Warrior

I watched a couple of my coworkers play this for about five minutes and that was enough for me! I seriously don't see the fun in this at all and it looked quite boring. I would much rather play sports, hike, fish, or really almost anything else! I was never into Pokemon and this game isn't going to change that! Oh well.
joe-eyeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 03:34 PM   #46
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe-eyeball View Post
I watched a couple of my coworkers play this for about five minutes and that was enough for me! I seriously don't see the fun in this at all and it looked quite boring. I would much rather play sports, hike, fish, or really almost anything else! I was never into Pokemon and this game isn't going to change that! Oh well.
Its basically a walking app where you see pokemon and try to capture it.

The actual games on Gameboy and DS are turn-based RPG's with actual strategy involved. Its Nintendo's second best selling franchise after Mario.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 05:00 PM   #47
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Its basically a walking app where you see pokemon and try to capture it.

The actual games on Gameboy and DS are turn-based RPG's with actual strategy involved. Its Nintendo's second best selling franchise after Mario.
I might be into Pokémon Go, if they had a trainer battle system in stand of fighting just in the gym.

It would be like if Pokémon go, if I can challenge other people. What's Pokémon with out a old fashion Pokémon battle? 2 people just walking on the street meet, and than face each other.

Oh yeah, Pokémon is the 2nd biggest franchise of all time, right after Mario of course. Nintendo just happens to own both copy writes.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 06:28 PM   #48
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle1237 View Post
I might be into Pokémon Go, if they had a trainer battle system in stand of fighting just in the gym.

It would be like if Pokémon go, if I can challenge other people. What's Pokémon with out a old fashion Pokémon battle? 2 people just walking on the street meet, and than face each other.

Oh yeah, Pokémon is the 2nd biggest franchise of all time, right after Mario of course. Nintendo just happens to own both copy writes.
It's expected that these features will be added to the game eventually. But for the moment, running around and trying to find all of them is pretty damn fun.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 11:16 AM   #49
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

NYPD Cops are under investigation, for playing Pokemon GO while on Duty.
http://gawker.com/two-nypd-cops-are-...-pl-1783733181
Old 07-15-2016, 02:46 PM   #50
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
NYPD Cops are under investigation, for playing Pokemon GO while on Duty.
http://gawker.com/two-nypd-cops-are-...-pl-1783733181
I love Pokémon, but I never let it interfere my job. This is kina of getting out of hand.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 04:30 PM   #51
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist

I'm having a blast playing. There's a big park near a ferry in my area and it's always packed with people playing now. It's a fun experience so far.

Let's see your best so far!

PangolinFeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 08:32 PM   #52
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Pokémon Go: Rare catch causes a Central Park stampede!

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/15...h-central-park

Lmao this cracked me up. They're storming for a rare Vaporean.

And here's another one of rare Squirtle:

Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 01:40 PM   #53
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Got a new phone today and downloaded the game. So far I've got a Squirtle, Ratatta, Weedle, Pidgy, and Beedrill.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 01:47 PM   #54
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Still butthurt over the fact that I was sans smartphone at SDCC this year.
Every single Pokestop near the convention center had a lure on it.

So many pokemon missed.
So so many.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 02:18 PM   #55
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by PangolinFeets View Post
I'm having a blast playing. There's a big park near a ferry in my area and it's always packed with people playing now. It's a fun experience so far.

Let's see your best so far!

http://i.imgur.com/V9B596xl.png
I am curious how are you guys getting your pokemon to such a high CP????? My Jolteon is 352, but level was 6 when I evolved it. This game feels like Pokemon Blue/Red all over again with rumors and speculation running rampant.

Any basic tips for getting high level pokemon would be appreciated
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 10:16 AM   #56
Electric
Epic Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
I am curious how are you guys getting your pokemon to such a high CP????? My Jolteon is 352, but level was 6 when I evolved it. This game feels like Pokemon Blue/Red all over again with rumors and speculation running rampant.

Any basic tips for getting high level pokemon would be appreciated
Best way to get higher CP Pokemon is to be a higher level trainer. Fastest way to do that is catch a bunch of the common Pokemon (pidgey, Rattata, weedle), use a lucky egg (if you have one), and then evolve them all to their next evolution. Each evolution gives you 500 XP, or 1000 if you used the lucky egg.
Used this trick a few weeks ago, and flew from like level 10 to level 12 in the 30 minute period of using the lucky egg.

Once you're higher, the evolutions can go higher and you're more likely to find higher level first evolutions. For example, I find eevees that are around 500-600 cp all the time, and evolving an Eevee with 600 cp into a Jolteon will basically give you 1000+ Jolteon, even though it's the weakest of the 3 eeveelutions

Loving this game. Now that I'm level 21, in starting to see and get a lot of better Pokemon. Have plenty of 1000+ mons, and a few of them are pretty awesome (Charizard, Ninetales, Nidoking/Queen, Dewgong, Dragonair, Snorlax, Electabuzz, and Magmar, to name just a few)

However, I really do hope that they include trading and battling soon, so it's more interactive with those around you than just fighting gyms

Last edited by Electric; 08-06-2016 at 10:28 AM.
Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 12:14 PM   #57
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

A Pokémon's base stat total + IVs determine its CP

You find higher level things as your trainer levels up

Trainer Tips is a good channel

This post brought to you by Team Instinct
Old 08-06-2016, 03:03 PM   #58
Peanut
Second Gear

I gave up on this **** pretty quick. It rewards people who do nothing but play the game. I didn't find time to play much for a few days and suddenly I was a dozen levels behind everyone in my area and without the ability to battle gyms there's pretty much nothing else to do. The novelty of just catching Pokemon has worn off. If I'm honest, even if the playing field was level I find everything outside of catching Pokemon awful, so I probably would have quit sooner or later anyways.

Now I'm just playing proper Pokemon instead.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 08:28 PM   #59
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric View Post
Best way to get higher CP Pokemon is to be a higher level trainer. Fastest way to do that is catch a bunch of the common Pokemon (pidgey, Rattata, weedle), use a lucky egg (if you have one), and then evolve them all to their next evolution. Each evolution gives you 500 XP, or 1000 if you used the lucky egg.
Used this trick a few weeks ago, and flew from like level 10 to level 12 in the 30 minute period of using the lucky egg.

Once you're higher, the evolutions can go higher and you're more likely to find higher level first evolutions. For example, I find eevees that are around 500-600 cp all the time, and evolving an Eevee with 600 cp into a Jolteon will basically give you 1000+ Jolteon, even though it's the weakest of the 3 eeveelutions

Loving this game. Now that I'm level 21, in starting to see and get a lot of better Pokemon. Have plenty of 1000+ mons, and a few of them are pretty awesome (Charizard, Ninetales, Nidoking/Queen, Dewgong, Dragonair, Snorlax, Electabuzz, and Magmar, to name just a few)

However, I really do hope that they include trading and battling soon, so it's more interactive with those around you than just fighting gyms
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
A Pokémon's base stat total + IVs determine its CP

You find higher level things as your trainer levels up

Trainer Tips is a good channel

This post brought to you by Team Instinct
Thanks guys I am starting to get the hang of things I am level 12 now and have some decent pokemon right now, but have a ways to go. Luckily I found a Charmander/Clarefary "Nest" in my area. Caught 4 Clarefaries and 5 Charmanders in the span of two hours.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 09:41 PM   #60
Electric
Epic Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
Thanks guys I am starting to get the hang of things I am level 12 now and have some decent pokemon right now, but have a ways to go. Luckily I found a Charmander/Clarefary "Nest" in my area. Caught 4 Clarefaries and 5 Charmanders in the span of two hours.

Now this makes me curious as to your whereabouts, as I too have a Charmander/Clefairy nest in my area...

Anyways, nests are great. Went to that nest maybe 3 or 4 times with only an hour or so each and I already had my Charizard.