The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 10-04-2021, 03:03 PM   #121
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if Mike was going to be the father.
It'd give odds 60/40. 60 that he isn't the father, 40 that he is. Suddenly giving the Turtles a bunch of kids seems like the complete opposite of what Laird has always preached about the TMNT, so I think the Regenta stuff was a bit of a misdirect on his part. Yet... maybe he changed his mind about that? I dunno, though. I highly doubt it.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 03:45 PM   #122
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It'd give odds 60/40. 60 that he isn't the father, 40 that he is. Suddenly giving the Turtles a bunch of kids seems like the complete opposite of what Laird has always preached about the TMNT, so I think the Regenta stuff was a bit of a misdirect on his part. Yet... maybe he changed his mind about that? I dunno, though. I highly doubt it.
What would you do, if you were going to finish this up?
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 05:16 PM   #123
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
What would you do, if you were going to finish this up?
Well, I'd approach it as "what would Laird probably have been up to, or where would he have been going?" and not necessarily just what I'd like to see as a fan. For the most part. But I'd definitely want to bring it all home and sort of merge all the side stories into one "big" one by the end.
Old 10-05-2021, 07:26 AM   #124
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Well, I'd approach it as "what would Laird probably have been up to, or where would he have been going?" and not necessarily just what I'd like to see as a fan. For the most part. But I'd definitely want to bring it all home and sort of merge all the side stories into one "big" one by the end.
Vague but telling. So you have some ideas and its just nowhere because you won't do it without Lawson, and he won't finish it without Laird and Laird just doesn't want to be bothered?
Old 10-05-2021, 10:27 AM   #125
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Vague but telling. So you have some ideas and its just nowhere because you won't do it without Lawson, and he won't finish it without Laird and Laird just doesn't want to be bothered?
Sounds about right. Plus I'm still not 100% sure that Laird won't come around at some point.
Old 10-06-2021, 01:46 PM   #126
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
So you have some ideas and its just nowhere because you won't do it without Lawson, and he won't finish it without Laird and Laird just doesn't want to be bothered?
Quote:
Sounds about right. Plus I'm still not 100% sure that Laird won't come around at some point.
A while back on Facebook I mentioned to you how I'd love to be involved in this venture, though as I can tell you sort of already have a pretty solid idea of how you'd like the story to go. If you were to get the go-ahead, I'd love it if I were given the opportunity to work with you on a Tales of the TMNT type story about the Mirage TMNT crossing paths with the Archie TMNT as it was briefly mentioned by Donatello in that last issue that they had come across their "dopplegangers" at some point in the past. Granted it probably wouldn't be as grim and dark as Transcension and Deliverance were, but I'd love to utilize some of the ideas Peter Laird shared long ago about a trans-dimensional space ship created by Kirby from the Donatello one-shot being involved. Maybe we could pitch like a one-off flashback story told from Don and Raph's perspective. I'm not expecting anything to come from it, but if it did, it'd mean the world to me!!!

www.jephael.com

Last edited by Jephael; 10-06-2021 at 01:57 PM.
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 03:11 PM   #127
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
A while back on Facebook I mentioned to you how I'd love to be involved in this venture, though as I can tell you sort of already have a pretty solid idea of how you'd like the story to go. If you were to get the go-ahead, I'd love it if I were given the opportunity to work with you on a Tales of the TMNT type story about the Mirage TMNT crossing paths with the Archie TMNT as it was briefly mentioned by Donatello in that last issue that they had come across their "dopplegangers" at some point in the past. Granted it probably wouldn't be as grim and dark as Transcension and Deliverance were, but I'd love to utilize some of the ideas Peter Laird shared long ago about a trans-dimensional space ship created by Kirby from the Donatello one-shot being involved. Maybe we could pitch like a one-off flashback story told from Don and Raph's perspective. I'm not expecting anything to come from it, but if it did, it'd mean the world to me!!!
A simple "Tales of the TMNT" story where the Mirage and Archie TMNT meet/team up wouldn't be a bad thing at all. Not super exciting to me, though. As a novelty, though, imagine how cool it'd be if (and this would be a huge IF) Lawson drew the whole thing minus where the Archie TMNT would appear on the panels... and then Chris Allan draws in the Archie TMNT in those places, smack in the middle of what are otherwise Lawson pages. Like an "Artist Jam" piece, but for a whole comic.
Old 10-06-2021, 03:25 PM   #128
frank_one
Mad Scientist

I would love to see Kirby back and somehow involved in the conclusion of vol. 4.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 06:55 PM   #129
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
A simple "Tales of the TMNT" story where the Mirage and Archie TMNT meet/team up wouldn't be a bad thing at all. Not super exciting to me, though. As a novelty, though, imagine how cool it'd be if (and this would be a huge IF) Lawson drew the whole thing minus where the Archie TMNT would appear on the panels... and then Chris Allan draws in the Archie TMNT in those places, smack in the middle of what are otherwise Lawson pages. Like an "Artist Jam" piece, but for a whole comic.
We need to make this happen.
Old 10-11-2021, 10:57 AM   #130
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
For me, personally, I'd hoped...

* Mikey is revealed not to be the dad of the Regenta's kids.

* Casey DID have sex with Karai and Karai is carrying his love child. And/or possibly they begin an affair.

* The alternate Splinter is revealed to not be what he seems, and rather a Splinter trying to get one over on them for some purpose (also, perhaps when he tips his hand we finally get the realization of the future vision from Vol. 2 #1 of a Turtle killing Splinter).
Why could you possibly have any aspirations of Karai being a rapist?
Old 10-11-2021, 10:58 AM   #131
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
What, people don't get super drunk and have sex in make believe world, also?
Old 10-11-2021, 01:52 PM   #132
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
We must remember there are different rules in comics than there are in media we are most familiar with like cartoons and movies. Characters can be anything in the original source material than elsewhere.

Quote:
What, people don't get super drunk and have sex in make believe world, also?
Not to mention Karai also went through alot in Mirage such as losing her daughter, so things like that also could lead people to do some crazy sh*t. Maybe she longs for a relationship, like most people do.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 03:41 PM   #133
CyberCubed
Overlord

Both Karai and Casey are 40-50+ year old adults in the Volume 4 run, Karai cannot "rape" Casey. Even if Casey doesn't remember it, that's not the way rape works between two middle age adults.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 03:57 PM   #134
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Both Karai and Casey are 40-50+ year old adults in the Volume 4 run, Karai cannot "rape" Casey. Even if Casey doesn't remember it, that's not the way rape works between two middle age adults.
Yikes. I don't want to know what your definition of rape is.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 06:04 PM   #135
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
If you're drunk or passed out, you cannot consent and its technically rape. Although I know plenty of people in long term relationships that are always going at it when drunk & no one feels bad in the morning about it so its not... But if it was, its always the guys fault. For some reason. A "friend" from high school always used to say "can't rape the willing" and I'm pretty sure it was because he only ever got lucky while drinking with ladies and they were always all drunk....
Old 10-11-2021, 08:03 PM   #136
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
yikes man, big yikes.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 06:57 PM   #137
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
Originally Peter Laird was going to draw everybody from the Mirage universe and have Ken Mitchroney draw the Archie reality, so maybe he could be a possibility. To make things a whole lot easier though, it might be a fun idea to have Michael Dooney draw the entire thing. After all, he was the artist who basically adapted the first season of the original cartoon into a comic book for Archie comics in the beginning!
Quote:
We need to make this happen.
If only, dude. If only...

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 11:10 AM   #138
Sharman
Foot Soldier

Quote:
For me, personally, I'd hoped...

* Mikey is revealed not to be the dad of the Regenta's kids.

* Casey DID have sex with Karai and Karai is carrying his love child. And/or possibly they begin an affair.

* The alternate Splinter is revealed to not be what he seems, and rather a Splinter trying to get one over on them for some purpose (also, perhaps when he tips his hand we finally get the realization of the future vision from Vol. 2 #1 of a Turtle killing Splinter).
You make some great points here (and in later posts) and I, too, certainly would have liked Vol 4 to adequately 'complete' the dangling threads of Vol 2. which still go unanswered.
Sharman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 04:10 PM   #139
sorrenmj
Random Punk

I wish he would finish volume 4
sorrenmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 04:14 PM   #140
sorrenmj
Random Punk

Five years later and still nothing. I would prefer Laird to complete this with the original team but if IDW ever did reprint them I could live with that. I just wish Peter would say either way whether he will or won't he finish the series, hmmm
sorrenmj is offline   Reply With Quote