The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 07-12-2009, 11:35 AM   #1
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Sarah Michelle Gellar and Chris Evans reprising ?

http://www.whedon.info/Sarah-Michell...ar-Teenga.html

Anyone remember when Laird mentioned a few times that he'd like them to reprise their roles? This wasn't so long ago either.

What are your thoughts on this?

At first to me Sarah seems like a perfect April, however after I looked how old she was she is not that young anymore.. She'd be 34 by the time the movie comes out (IF it comes out in 2011). And if it indeed ended up being a trilogy( of films (like Laird hopes) she'd be nearly 40 by the time the third one came out (counting they came out only 2 years apart). And while you could say she looks younger, I looked up some recent pictures and she is starting to look older. She's also pregnant but she would have had the baby before shooting would begin. So yeah I'm not so sure she'd be great for the role anymore, she seems too old. In comparison Judith Hoag was in her early 20s (~20) when she played April. And so was Paige Turco.

Chris Evans is around the same age as Elias Koteas was which is a good age for casey. If he grew his hair a bit he could pull it off, however I still don't like him since he'd still look too much like a "pretty boy" to actually be Casey, who has to be someone who looks more "rougher".

Last edited by sdp; 07-12-2009 at 02:48 PM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 12:42 PM   #2
Aztec General
Mad Scientist

Ummm...that link is from September 2008. You better change your thread title, it's very misleading.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:53 PM   #3
ToTheNines
[sic]

Dude, you scared the **** outta me. Change title before **** blows up lol.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 02:37 PM   #4
gobo
Wacky Action

Someone must not understand the point of a reboot if they still want Evans and Gellar to reprise their roles. But, let me echo the fact that this thread title is very misleading.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 02:45 PM   #5
Slap-Happy
Bad Boy

Thank GOD this isn't happening.
Slap-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 02:54 PM   #6
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I can see how the title can be read to be misleading, sorry, tried to add a question mark but its too late to edit titles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec General View Post
Ummm...that link is from September 2008. You better change your thread title, it's very misleading.
Its not even a year old, the quote is still relevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Someone must not understand the point of a reboot if they still want Evans and Gellar to reprise their roles. But, let me echo the fact that this thread title is very misleading.
So? its a reboot storywise, that doesn't mean they can't reprise their roles as the character. In animation reboots sometimes use their old VAs as well. Marlo Brando was in Superman Returns and that was a reboot.

You guys make it out like the quote is very old but its not, just a couple of months old its still relevant.

Its funny when the quote first appeared I remember people liking the idea, but I guess not. I mean I also don't like the idea, mostly because Gellar is too old and Evans too much of a "pretty boy" but other than that they wouldn't be too bad.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 02:57 PM   #7
The Shelf
Mad Scientist

NOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Wait, this isn't actually happening? *phew* We can only hope that it never does. I'm sure they're great and all, but I'd rather they get someone else. I loved TMNT '07, but I wasn't a fan of April or Casey in that movie.

EDIT: I don't think Gellar is too old by any stretch of the word, but she's too tiny, and I don't think her voice suits April very well. Same with Evans (the voice part, not him being tiny ) Plus, Evans was just annoying in Fantastic Four, so... No.
The Shelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:09 PM   #8
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Its not even a year old, the quote is still relevant.
But this was written before the current plans for the new movie had been cemented.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:14 PM   #9
johnnyblaze
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shelf View Post
NOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Wait, this isn't actually happening? *phew* We can only hope that it never does. I'm sure they're great and all, but I'd rather they get someone else. I loved TMNT '07, but I wasn't a fan of April or Casey in that movie.

EDIT: I don't think Gellar is too old by any stretch of the word, but she's too tiny, and I don't think her voice suits April very well. Same with Evans (the voice part, not him being tiny ) Plus, Evans was just annoying in Fantastic Four, so... No.
He was playing an entirely different character in Fantastic Four though so of course he's not going to act the same way. And he could very well just use a different voice for a live action Casey which would make sense since he'd be playing the character in a different medium in a different style film.
johnnyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 04:19 PM   #10
The Shelf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyblaze View Post
He was playing an entirely different character in Fantastic Four though so of course he's not going to act the same way.
That's irrelevant. I'll always see him as an annoying Johnny Storm. He might be able to play a good Casey, but I'd rather they just get someone else.
The Shelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 04:23 PM   #11
ToTheNines
[sic]

NO!
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:08 PM   #12
johnnyblaze
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shelf View Post
That's irrelevant. I'll always see him as an annoying Johnny Storm. He might be able to play a good Casey, but I'd rather they just get someone else.
The fact that he wouldn't be playing Johnny Storm and thus everything about him would be different in the film is irrelevant?
johnnyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:00 PM   #13
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!

we dont need buffy oneil
and chris evans is fine as flameboy but not casey...no way
Old 07-13-2009, 06:48 PM   #14
Vincent
Hench Mutant

I wouldn't have a problem with it, they could do worse, but I wouldn't mind a new April and Casey either. Best suggestions I've heard so far are probably Cobie Smulders and Taylor Kitsch.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:10 PM   #15
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post

NO!

Might not be my first choice, but he could probably pull it off fine.

I don't want to see Gellar as April, though, as much as I love the actress and as much as I love Buffy. Just doesn't fit to me. Her old Buffy co-star, Eliza Dushku, however... now she seems a perfect fit to me.

Though I dunno. Too pretty, maybe? April should look a little bit everywomanish.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:31 PM   #16
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post

Might not be my first choice, but he could probably pull it off fine.

I don't want to see Gellar as April, though, as much as I love the actress and as much as I love Buffy. Just doesn't fit to me. Her old Buffy co-star, Eliza Dushku, however... now she seems a perfect fit to me.

Though I dunno. Too pretty, maybe? April should look a little bit everywomanish.
I dunna, Andy, I's starting to agree that Evans, though a decent actor, is too much a pretty boy to be Casey.

And as for Eliza, I like her too, but I also agree April's more "average" than Eliza is.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:45 PM   #17
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I dunna, Andy, I's starting to agree that Evans, though a decent actor, is too much a pretty boy to be Casey.
Well... it's not like Casey Jones is Frankenstein under the mask. It's never been shown or alluded that he's unattractive or anything. As long as Evans could play up the machismo with naivete angle I think he'd be fine.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:40 PM   #18
gobo
Wacky Action

Eliza Dushku?? O_o And, here I was, always believing you had respect for the property. >_<

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:49 PM   #19
Ninjinister
無問題

I'd like to know why out of the thousands of images there have to be out there of this guy, somebody keeps bringing up the same damn pic.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:51 PM   #20
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Eliza Dushku??
She's got... spirit.