The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 09-13-2021, 09:48 PM   #21
Prowler
Emperor

Interestingly, I recently watched a clip from a season 2 Seinfeld episode where Jerry gets interviewed for a radio show and gets asked about his opinions on serious issues, to which he says "Look, I'm a comedian. Nobody cares what I think about serious issues."
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 02:09 AM   #22
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Interestingly, I recently watched a clip from a season 2 Seinfeld episode where Jerry gets interviewed for a radio show and gets asked about his opinions on serious issues, to which he says "Look, I'm a comedian. Nobody cares what I think about serious issues."
This days he would've been called a Nazi, for "fence sitting" and supporting "status Quo of evil US Reich".
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 02:20 AM   #23
Leo656
The Franchise

He got in a little bit of sh*t not even that long ago, for saying in an interview how everybody's too sensitive and it's impossible for a comedian to even be funny anymore, on account of everything being "offensive". You literally can't joke about a single damn thing without someone saying their "feelings" were hurt and trying to get someone "cancelled". He was right about that.

Haven't heard much from him since, come to think of it.

Never a big fan of the guy or his show, but he seems like a decent enough guy and a fairly sharp cat. Lo and behold, the guy speaks the truth and his supporters all turn on him for being "insensitive". That's always how it goes now.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 07:30 AM   #24
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
This days he would've been called a Nazi, for "fence sitting" and supporting "status Quo of evil US Reich".
They'd be dumb enough to call a Jewish man a Nazi? Yikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
He got in a little bit of sh*t not even that long ago, for saying in an interview how everybody's too sensitive and it's impossible for a comedian to even be funny anymore, on account of everything being "offensive". You literally can't joke about a single damn thing without someone saying their "feelings" were hurt and trying to get someone "cancelled". He was right about that.

Haven't heard much from him since, come to think of it.

Never a big fan of the guy or his show, but he seems like a decent enough guy and a fairly sharp cat. Lo and behold, the guy speaks the truth and his supporters all turn on him for being "insensitive". That's always how it goes now.
Some years ago, when asked about diversity in the media, he also basically said people shouldn't care how many black people and such are in a movie or show. "Are you entertained? That's the important part."
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 07:49 AM   #25
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:

Some years ago, when asked about diversity in the media, he also basically said people shouldn't care how many black people and such are in a movie or show. "Are you entertained? That's the important part."
Isn't Ben Shapiro Jewish? They have no problem calling him Nazi.

That DEF woulda gotten him cancelled today.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 09:32 AM   #26
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Isn't Ben Shapiro Jewish? They have no problem calling him Nazi.

That DEF woulda gotten him cancelled today.
Incredibly. I even read a whole article the other day about the author being gobsmacked that there's a prominent Jewish person in media or entertainment who not only bothers wearing a yarmulke but insists on it as a symbol of their faith.

BUT, he's against abortion and cutting your own dick off, so, y'know... Nazi.

I'm with him on some things, not so much others. Definitely not the abortion thing. He hates it, I'm all about it. I saw him once do a whole thing about how "If you're thinking about abortion because you can't give your child a good life, I will gladly take in and raise your child rather than have you abort it," and I'm like 1. Yeah, well, you're super rich, most people wouldn't even pretend to say that, and 2. Nah, you probably actually wouldn't do it, but it was a nice sentiment.

Some stuff he's spot-on but others way off. Like anyone else, I guess. I'm mostly with him on the economic stuff. I just couldn't believe it a few years ago when I saw the news videos about college kids not only trying to get him barred from speaking on campus, but how they were gonna lure his supporters into the parking lot so they could stab them with icepicks and stuff. Right there on camera; "We're gonna try and get some of his supporters to come over here, and then if they do we're gonna stab them. People like him and them don't belong here."

"Tolerant Left!"

Old 09-14-2021, 09:42 AM   #27
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Yeah, as soon as Ben Shapiro and Crowder start going on and on and on about abortion I completely tune out. Pretty much everything else... fairly dead on.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 09:46 AM   #28
Leo656
The Franchise

Anybody who's against abortion has never had to try and raise a kid on one income in a town full of crackheads and drunks. That'll snap you outta that fairy tale bullsh*t REAL f*cking fast.

Old 09-14-2021, 09:52 AM   #29
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Anybody who's against abortion has never had to try and raise a kid on one income in a town full of crackheads and drunks. That'll snap you outta that fairy tale bullsh*t REAL f*cking fast.
My only problem are the irresponsible party girls that sleep around, get knocked up, get an abortion... Then sleep around, get knocked up, get an abortion... Then...

Like lady you think after the 5th abortion you'd learn how to use birth control. Wtf.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 09-14-2021, 09:54 AM   #30
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
My only problem are the irresponsible party girls that sleep around, get knocked up, get an abortion... Then sleep around, get knocked up, get an abortion... Then...
Hey, let'em. Fine by me. Let them have 30 abortions, even. Better that than them regurgitating 30 sh***y kids into the world that will end up just like them or probably worse one day.
Old 09-14-2021, 10:12 AM   #31
Leo656
The Franchise

I don't like that sh*t either as it's trashy and low-class and someone should probably kick 'em real hard in the uterus so it doesn't work anymore and just call it a day... but at the end of the day, it's their own prerogative.

Be nice if so many chicks had respect for themselves and weren't huge whores who figure "I'll just take care of it later", but... lot of 'em are.

It's fine if a person has to have it done. But at the same time, if a person's had more than like, two or maybe three in a lifetime that person's entire life most likely has serious problems that need addressing.

I'll say people have the right BUT I also don't think it should be a revolving door thing. Get yourself out of trouble, but be more careful next time, that's how I look at it. Someone who's on their third or fourth one, I'll say it's their right but I'm also giving them some serious side-eye.

Old 09-14-2021, 10:44 AM   #32
Vegita-San
Emperor

I'm trying to explain to rob P on facebook how his son is coming off a tad....unhinged (using nicer words than that) on twitter with some of his twitter tweets, and him following in those footsteps, telling fans not to follow him if they like trump or vote a certain way, is not the way to go. and it's the fastest way to loose all the good will and reputation you've gained over a long career.

problem with that, is that rob still thinks the old way, that it's all about the constitution and nothing else. I'm trying to explain to him that the world has changed. it's no longer black and white, but ALOT more grey. and Democrats/MainStream Media and Hollywood are all connected with the hollywood agenda, trying to destabilize things to fit their viewpoint no matter the cost.

either he's not 'allowed' to recognize it on facebook, lest he get targeted, or he just doesn't understand how things have changed so much in the last ten years, i'm not sure. And yes, I understand to some older folks, alot of this stuff sounds like conspiracy talk...but it's the reality of today's crazy world.

I don't think he's too far gone yet though, as he hasn't gotten into the john dimagio or mark hamil rage zone, but it could be close.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 10:48 AM   #33
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
problem with that, is that rob still thinks the old way, that it's all about the constitution
What's wrong with that? What would you have it be about instead -- feelings?
Old 09-14-2021, 11:02 AM   #34
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
What's wrong with that? What would you have it be about instead -- feelings?
99% of the internet just agreed with you ;o)

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 02:06 AM   #35
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Jews and Asians are considered as "White people", when its convenient to SJW.
Especially in case with Jews, who are considered "Fascists", whenever Islamists-terrorists mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
I'm trying to explain to rob P on facebook how his son is coming off a tad....unhinged (using nicer words than that) on twitter with some of his twitter tweets, and him following in those footsteps, telling fans not to follow him if they like trump or vote a certain way, is not the way to go. and it's the fastest way to loose all the good will and reputation you've gained over a long career.
I just have a fun idea about hiring hundred bots and make them spamming something like: "We are you biggest fans and love everything you do, also we support Trump!" and see his meltdown.

I respect his works, but it doesn't mean he can't be full fool when it comes to politics, sadly.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 08:44 AM   #36
ABrown
Banned

I have a problem with pretty much ANYONE posting their political opinions on Instagram, celebrities being no exception. It's like, Alyssa Milano, I decided to follow you cause I was expecting you to post hot pics of yourself. I had absolutely no interest in reading your left wing dumpster trash propaganda. - Unfollowed
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 01:56 AM   #37
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

Seinfeld , Chase , Murphy , Murray.....they can all be funny , doesnt mean their nice off screen though

(Thomas Giertsen met Eddie at a party , prolly Shrek related , Eddie acted like a prick - would not shake his hand or talk to him)
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 02:05 AM   #38
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamato Yoshi View Post
Seinfeld , Chase , Murphy , Murray.....they can all be funny , doesnt mean their nice off screen though

(Thomas Giertsen met Eddie at a party , prolly Shrek related , Eddie acted like a prick - would not shake his hand or talk to him)
"Never meet your heroes," they say. It doesn't mean that your heroes will turn out to be pricks... but it means that they could. It is a risk.

I've been fortunate in meeting all of my entertainment "heroes." Maybe some were not as welcoming as I'd have liked but I really haven't had any horror stories in that way. Maybe with Stephen Amell, but then I never really put him on any kind of pedestal to begin with. He did a decent job on Arrow, I more or less enjoyed the show for a few years and decided to get a photo op with him and he turned out to be a prick within the 20 seconds we "met."

Arnold kind of dogged me, too... but maybe my approach wasn't super great either.
Old 09-20-2021, 10:16 AM   #39
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I've been lucky in that regard. Even Scott Hall, who had the potential to be an asshole was still cool to me.

I told him to this day whenever I bet someone online I do the 'toss the toothpick' motion and he thought that was awesome.

But then again, why would I talk politics when I meet a celeb anyway? Hey Judith Hoag, loved you as April O'Neil, btw didja vote for Trump or Biden?'

Old 09-20-2021, 10:45 AM   #40
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I meet a celeb anyway? Hey Judith Hoag, loved you as April O'Neil, btw didja vote for Trump or Biden?'
And it wouldn't even bother me at all if they said "I voted for Biden." Mostly I'd fear how they would... present that. Like, it might not be, "Oh, I voted for Biden," but it might be something more like, "What a silly question! I can only vote for the right side of history, not the side of orange nazis! Biden, naturally! You did too, right?" because then I would think less of them.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 09-20-2021 at 11:25 AM.