The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 11-17-2019, 09:36 AM   #1
FifthTurtles81
Random Punk

Nick TMNT DVD Fan Covers!

Apologies if Im posting this in the wrong forum, but I just wanted to show off some custom DVD covers I did for all 5 seasons of the 2012 Nick TMNT series.

I'm brand new to the forums and brand new to making DVD covers, so any feedback, comments or queries would be appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time to look.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imageedit_2_5149527712.jpg (18.2 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg imageedit_5_5795862683.jpg (18.2 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg imageedit_7_8967614612.jpg (18.5 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg imageedit_10_8481183025.jpg (18.1 KB, 57 views)

Last edited by FifthTurtles81; 11-17-2019 at 10:30 AM.
FifthTurtles81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 11:05 AM   #2
IMJ
Emperor

Those are absolutely terrific. I did something very similar way, way back for the Iron Man animated series of the 90's before those ever had an official release. It's a lot of fun.

It's clear you put some effort into those covers! -thumb's up-
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 11:14 AM   #3
FifthTurtles81
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Those are absolutely terrific. I did something very similar way, way back for the Iron Man animated series of the 90's before those ever had an official release. It's a lot of fun.

It's clear you put some effort into those covers! -thumb's up-
Thanks, man!
Oh, I wasn't able to include my cover for season 5- Tales Of The TMNT. as I could only upload 4 images at a time, so here it is:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imageedit_12_4693370510.jpg (18.8 KB, 48 views)
Old 11-18-2019, 08:10 PM   #4
WebLurker
Hench Mutant

Very nice. Would say that its a shame that they don't fit the actual DVD releases, for replacement of the commercial inserts.
Old 11-19-2019, 04:28 AM   #5
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Way cool, nice work on them!
Old 11-19-2019, 04:40 AM   #6
leighonardo
Mouser

These are fantastic! Very nice job.
leighonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 11:56 AM   #7
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Season 3

My favourite is the one from Season 3.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 08:53 AM   #8
FifthTurtles81
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
Very nice. Would say that its a shame that they don't fit the actual DVD releases, for replacement of the commercial inserts.
Oh! They actually do fit the dvd releases, they're exact dvd template sizes, I just had to resize them to meet the maximum KB upload for pics on here.

Or, unless you're in a country where Paramount released the big thick dvd sets?
In the UK, the boxsets are just single dvd cases with all 4 discs inside!
Old 11-23-2019, 08:54 AM   #9
FifthTurtles81
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
My favourite is the one from Season 3.
Thanks! It's based on the NES game cover from back in the day!
Old 11-23-2019, 10:22 AM   #10
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthTurtles81 View Post
Thanks! It's based on the NES game cover from back in the day!
In turn, it is based on a Mirage cover.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 11:06 AM   #11
FifthTurtles81
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
In turn, it is based on a Mirage cover.
Yeah, issue 7 I believe? Normally you only see the issue 1 cover get the redo with the current TMNT incarnations, so I had to use this image (I believe it was done for the Danger Of The Ooze videogame title screen?) as soon as I saw it!

I was wanting all the covers to sort of reference TMNT of the past, that's why I had the issue 1 cover for season 1, the Secret Of The Ooze cover for season 2 and the NES cover for season 3. Unfortunately, I couldn't come up with anything in that vein for season 4 and with Tales Of (Season 5), I knew I had to use some of those stark silhouetted images from the intro, because I loved the look of them so much.

Funnily enough, season 4 ended up being my favourite in the end. I'm pleased I managed to get the hokey/cheesy 70's sci fi style I was hoping for.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.
Old 11-23-2019, 08:07 PM   #12
WebLurker
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Oh! They actually do fit the dvd releases, they're exact dvd template sizes, I just had to resize them to meet the maximum KB upload for pics on here.

Or, unless you're in a country where Paramount released the big thick dvd sets?
In the UK, the boxsets are just single dvd cases with all 4 discs inside!
No, my point is that here in the States, at least, they were released in multiple volumes per season, not in complete collections. You could find the original and put it in a case, but it wouldn't match up due to the point that there are like thirteen-ish different cases in the complete collection, not five.

Still like the artwork, though.
Old 11-24-2019, 08:49 AM   #13
FifthTurtles81
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
No, my point is that here in the States, at least, they were released in multiple volumes per season, not in complete collections. You could find the original and put it in a case, but it wouldn't match up due to the point that there are like thirteen-ish different cases in the complete collection, not five.

Still like the artwork, though.
Oh, I didn't realise you guys didn't get boxsets at all, just the volumes. That sucks! I get what you mean now, I just did these covers as if all 5 seasons of the show had been released in those single dvd sized cases that can actually hold all four volumes/discs. That's how they released seasons 1-3 here in the UK, where I live.

Though even in the UK, you cannot get complete season 4 or 5 sets at all. 4 is only available in two separate 2 disc volumes and less than half the episodes from Tales Of aren't even available at all here. You can only get the Monsters and Mutants and Wanted Bebop And Rocksteady volumes on DVD.

I had to get a Tales Of import DVD set from Italy and the sleeve is all in Italian (Obviously!), so that's what spurred me to do all of these in the first place!
Old 11-26-2019, 12:15 PM   #14
Diorm
Hench Mutant

We do have complete seasons 1 and 2 in a single dvd case full of dvd for each but we never did get the season 3 one. Wich remind me, does anybody have this one? I would like a scan of the cover to put my volume 7-8-9 in one box.

Diorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 05:28 PM   #15
WebLurker
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Oh, I didn't realise you guys didn't get boxsets at all, just the volumes. That sucks!
Well, there were a couple American box sets, but they were just repackaging of the same single volumes in slipcovers. On the other hand, we did get all the volumes released. I mean, I did collect the entire series. I would've preferred it get full season BluRays (like Nick did for their Avatar stuff), but it is what it is.

Quote:
I get what you mean now, I just did these covers as if all 5 seasons of the show had been released in those single dvd sized cases that can actually hold all four volumes/discs. That's how they released seasons 1-3 here in the UK, where I live.
Sure.

Quote:
Though even in the UK, you cannot get complete season 4 or 5 sets at all. 4 is only available in two separate 2 disc volumes and less than half the episodes from Tales Of aren't even available at all here. You can only get the Monsters and Mutants and Wanted Bebop And Rocksteady volumes on DVD.
You meant the Tales of... monster story was it's own DVD in the UK? Here, that was part of the "Final Chapters" release. (Basically, season 5 was in three volumes in the States; Super Shredder -- which contained the last piece of season 4 plus the opening arc of season 5 -- Wanted: Bebop and Rocksteady -- which was just the multi-part Nick/'80s TMNT crossover story plus the flashback episode with Splinter -- and "The Final Chapters," which had the rest of the season. None of it was really in order after the "resurrect Shredder" story, but since season 5 was largely episodic, it's not that bad.)

Quote:
I had to get a Tales Of import DVD set from Italy and the sleeve is all in Italian (Obviously!), so that's what spurred me to do all of these in the first place!
Don't blame you.
Old 11-27-2019, 02:42 AM   #16
FifthTurtles81
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorm View Post
We do have complete seasons 1 and 2 in a single dvd case full of dvd for each but we never did get the season 3 one. Wich remind me, does anybody have this one? I would like a scan of the cover to put my volume 7-8-9 in one box.

https://s4.thcdn.com/productimg/600/...2588457340.jpg
I do have that set but no scanner, I'm afraid. Sorry. Have you tried dvdcover.com? I know they definitely had replacement cover scans or several of the Nick TMNT season sets and volumes, I just can't remember if they had a seson 3 scan or not!
Old 11-27-2019, 06:29 AM   #17
Diorm
Hench Mutant

Unfortunately there is everything but the season 3 on this website.
Diorm is offline   Reply With Quote