Notices

Old 02-18-2021, 12:20 PM   #1
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

May 2021 Solicitations

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #117

Spoiler:

Sophie Campbell (a & w & c)

A winner is crowned in Jennika's battle of the bands and two old foes make surprising revelations as the TMNT and allies prepare to take Mutant Town in a new direction! Important steps towards the next chapter of the TMNT saga are made here!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Best of Splinter

Spoiler:

The TMNT "Best of" series continues with everyone's favorite sensei– Splinter! Wise and with a tragic past, Splinter forms the core of the Turtle family. Taking stories from multiple publishers, this is the book to read for Splinter's greatest tales!
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 12:28 PM   #2
slashpieturtlemix
Mad Scientist

Those both seem mildly disappointing but we are getting somewhere I guess
slashpieturtlemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 12:29 PM   #3
ChosenOne
Banned

This band thing will still be dragging on in #117? Ugh...

Longest IDW TMNT "event" arcs: City Fall, Vengeance, Trial of Krang (including Dimension X), City at War, uh... Battle of the bands?

Two old foes? One of them has to be Saki, the other's a toss-up between LeatherKrang (though wouldn't that make it three old foes?), Rat King or Null.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 12:48 PM   #4
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
This band thing will still be dragging on in #117? Ugh...

Longest IDW TMNT "event" arcs: City Fall, Vengeance, Trial of Krang (including Dimension X), City at War, uh... Battle of the bands?

Two old foes? One of them has to be Saki, the other's a toss-up between LeatherKrang (though wouldn't that make it three old foes?), Rat King or Null.
#117 is the last issue of the current arc, at least going by the tpb details for Reborn Vol.3
Old 02-18-2021, 12:53 PM   #5
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
#117 is the last issue of the current arc, at least going by the tpb details for Reborn Vol.3
Watch the next arc be all about picking a campaign slogan for Sally...

Speaking of, I've been meaning to ask somewhere around here, this is as good a time as any: how many issues fit currently fit in an IDW TMNT TPB? It was five at first, right? Is it four right now? Or do I have it the other way around?
Old 02-18-2021, 01:09 PM   #6
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

that adult zanna or splinter in the back? its splinter.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics

Last edited by lonewarrior20; 02-18-2021 at 01:39 PM.
lonewarrior20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 01:19 PM   #7
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Watch the next arc be all about picking a campaign slogan for Sally...

Speaking of, I've been meaning to ask somewhere around here, this is as good a time as any: how many issues currently fit in an IDW TMNT TPB? It was five at first, right? Is it four right now? Or do I have it the other way around?
As per Sophie's comment elsewhere the next arc will feature Saki and the current tpb is roughly 6 issues; Reborn so far is 101-105, 106-111, 112-117 and the fourth volume will probably be 118-123, again as per Sophie's comments. It's also possible that picture from Tom Waltz's twitter relates to the next arc.
I believe the standard tpb size is anywhere between 4 and 6 issues worth of content depending of the page count (usually between 100 and 120 pages).
Old 02-18-2021, 01:27 PM   #8
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
As per Sophie's comment elsewhere the next arc will feature Saki and the current tpb is roughly 6 issues; Reborn so far is 101-105, 106-111, 112-117 and the fourth volume will probably be 118-123, again as per Sophie's comments. It's also possible that picture from Tom Waltz's twitter relates to the next arc.
I believe the standard tpb size is anywhere between 4 and 6 issues worth of content depending of the page count (usually between 100 and 120 pages).
Thank you for clearing that up. I'm surprised that it's not a fixed number of issues like before but I guess that's more flexible to meet the arcs' needs.

But isn't Sophie still on board until #122 at least? I don't see her picking up on the plot threads hinted at by Waltz in the last few days. I've been under the impression that the cover he posted would be for the arc after the next (so #123-#127 or somesuch).
Old 02-18-2021, 02:05 PM   #9
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Thank you for clearing that up. I'm surprised that it's not a fixed number of issues like before but I guess that's more flexible to meet the arcs' needs.

But isn't Sophie still on board until #122 at least? I don't see her picking up on the plot threads hinted at by Waltz in the last few days. I've been under the impression that the cover he posted would be for the arc after the next (so #123-#127 or somesuch).
I wondered if it was for the fourth annual which could mark his return to the continuity.
Old 02-18-2021, 02:09 PM   #10
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:

In the April Solicitations thread Sophie posted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie Campbell View Post
Right now it's looking like at least #123, possibly longer but we'll see.
and
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie Campbell View Post
He'll be back soonish! He has a scene in 117 and then 118-122 has him in it a bunch. Damn now I want a big soft pretzel.
back to back.

If her run ends at #123 and the current tpb are 6 issues long that logically indicates that the arc will last from #118 - #123 as Vol.3 is confirmed as being #112 - #117. It also doesn't make much sense for #123 to a separate story.
This arc will also be releasing from June to November, right across the anniversary period, so it should be something pretty substantial I would imagine.
Old 02-18-2021, 02:16 PM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord

I know covers usually don't reflect the content of the book, but it's weird to see human Jennika so much there. Makes me wonder if she will be de-mutated eventually if the whole female Turtle thing doesn't catch on.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 04:10 PM   #12
neatoman
Emperor

What is the Splinter collection going to contain?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 04:48 PM   #13
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
What is the Splinter collection going to contain?
I would guess IDW's Splinter micro will be one of the included issues but other than that it's hard to say.
Old 02-18-2021, 04:49 PM   #14
Allio
Foot Elite

At least the splinter micro. Since there is the Nick Splinter on there was there any splinter centric issues in the “nick” comic run?
Old 02-18-2021, 05:10 PM   #15
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
At least the splinter micro. Since there is the Nick Splinter on there was there any splinter centric issues in the “nick” comic run?
Zodiac from Amazing Adventures, first two issues.
Hahahaha!
Old 02-18-2021, 07:21 PM   #16
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I wondered if it was for the fourth annual which could mark his return to the continuity.
Maybe we get an annual the month before the ongoing starts a new arc that picks up from said annual and/or on all the stuff Waltz has been hinting at?

Quote:
In the April Solicitations thread Sophie posted and back to back.

If her run ends at #123 and the current tpb are 6 issues long that logically indicates that the arc will last from #118 - #123 as Vol.3 is confirmed as being #112 - #117. It also doesn't make much sense for #123 to a separate story.
This arc will also be releasing from June to November, right across the anniversary period, so it should be something pretty substantial I would imagine.
The way she words it in those quotes, it almost sounds like #123 being a stand-alone story is definitely a possibility. Notice how Saki is in the arc between #118-#122 but not in #123, for instance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I know covers usually don't reflect the content of the book, but it's weird to see human Jennika so much there. Makes me wonder if she will be de-mutated eventually if the whole female Turtle thing doesn't catch on.
I think it's just symbolic of how much her time as a human informs her time as a mutant. Her whole life is laid bare on that cover, and being human was a bigger part of it for her than for any of the other Turtles, in any iteration of TMNT ever. Jennika is a character I'm actually digging - unpopular opinion, I know - and wouldn't mind to see stick around for the long haul. Unlike that bitch Mona. What grinds my gears, though, is how much she overshadows the OG Turtles. But then again, what's yet another character stealing focus away from them in their own comic?

Last edited by ChosenOne; 02-18-2021 at 07:53 PM.
Old 02-18-2021, 10:59 PM   #17
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

If #123 is in fact the end of the run its possible that it could be a sort of epilogue to mutant town, just a single story that sends off the focus on the new mutants we've been so focused on. Thing something like Leonardo's Marco.
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 07:53 AM   #18
CyberCubed
Overlord

Even after the focus moves away from mutant town, I'm pretty sure it's always going to be there. I originally thought they would de-mutate everyone through a vaccine but it's fairly obvious they're cementing mutant town as a permanent fixture of IDW TMNT. Wouldn't be surprised if Old Hob eventually runs the place.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 08:17 AM   #19
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

The real question is, how does someone with two fingers play the guitar?
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 08:50 AM   #20
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
The real question is, how does someone with two fingers play the guitar?
Very poorly.
Hahahaha!