The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 06-24-2020, 09:16 AM   #3261
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Hi Bobby,

I was you could shed some light on when the Volume 11 is supposed to be releasing, the delay is to be expected but various outlets are showing different street dates at the moment including:

August 26th
September 1st
September 30th
October 6th

Thanks for your help
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 09:28 AM   #3262
AquaParade
Banned

Hi Bobby,

Can you debunk the rumour of a live-action series based on The Last Ronin being in development?
I assume you would know about it if it were true.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 03:17 PM   #3263
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

I have a question regarding the chronology of the latest issues. What is the proper order to read them in? What's the optimal way to read Shredder in Hell along with City at War, and where exactly does Jennika fall in the timeline? Also, will an updated reading order be officially released at any point in the future?
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 04:28 PM   #3264
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent View Post
I have a question regarding the chronology of the latest issues. What is the proper order to read them in? What's the optimal way to read Shredder in Hell along with City at War, and where exactly does Jennika fall in the timeline? Also, will an updated reading order be officially released at any point in the future?
There was a reading list for 1 - 100 included in certain versions of #100, the following is everything post #088:

Macro Leonardo
Macro Raphael
#089-93
FCBD: Casualty of War
#094-95
Shredder in Hell 01-05
#096-100

After that, as far I know, it's as follows:
Annual 2020
101 - 105
Jennika 1 - 3
106 - 110

hope that helps.

Last edited by hypered1; 06-24-2020 at 05:14 PM.
Old 06-25-2020, 10:28 AM   #3265
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
Hi Bobby,

I was you could shed some light on when the Volume 11 is supposed to be releasing, the delay is to be expected but various outlets are showing different street dates at the moment including:

August 26th
September 1st
September 30th
October 6th

Thanks for your help
I don't have access to the book/reprint calendar. Sorry, i'm not sure!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 10:29 AM   #3266
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Hi Bobby,

Can you debunk the rumour of a live-action series based on The Last Ronin being in development?
I assume you would know about it if it were true.
I have not heard anything like that. Seeing as how the comic is in active development I don't know how that would be possible.
Old 06-25-2020, 10:34 AM   #3267
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent View Post
Hypered's list seems reasonable.

I've largely stopped trying to place things exactly if it doesn't matter in terms of necessary story information needed to fully enjoy the story.

Time doesn't work linearly in "hell" so Shredder in Hell could have largely taken place any time between #51 and #100.

I'd put Jennika mini somewhere in #101-105 and the Annual in that same general timeframe, maybe a little later. I don't think the exact placement matters too much so there's some wiggle room.
Old 07-02-2020, 03:49 PM   #3268
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

What happened to Mondo Gecko? He has disappeared in some issues. He didn't show up in issue 105 which is surprising. He looked like someone who would be into going to that mutant metal concert.

Will he show up in other issues?
Old 07-08-2020, 10:58 AM   #3269
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
What happened to Mondo Gecko? He has disappeared in some issues. He didn't show up in issue 105 which is surprising. He looked like someone who would be into going to that mutant metal concert.

Will he show up in other issues?
Sophie has mentioned him in our discussions but I don't know if we're necessarily going to see him anytime soon. But i'm sure we'll see him eventually so I'll wait for that story to reveal what he's been up to!
Old 07-08-2020, 11:01 AM   #3270
ChosenOne
Banned

Is that octopus who was with Ray at the concert in #105 a new recurring character and Mutanimals recruit?

Last edited by ChosenOne; 07-09-2020 at 11:04 AM.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 10:15 AM   #3271
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Possibly! We'll have to read more to find out!
Old 07-12-2020, 11:36 PM   #3272
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Hi, Bobby!
The quick question - Amazon began to indicate the total number of issues in the series. Ongoing TMNT will end with number 118?

AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 03:48 AM   #3273
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
Hi, Bobby!
The quick question - Amazon began to indicate the total number of issues in the series. Ongoing TMNT will end with number 118?

https://thumbs2.imagebam.com/bb/4c/e...1349230346.jpg
Don't worry, that issue count can be totally ignored; if you scroll down slightly you'll see where it says 'Books in this series' and it lists all of the ongoing issues and a few others like the fcbd issues and the annuals. It stops at 118 (currently issue #109) as that's as far as the solicitations have previewed at the moment.
Old 07-13-2020, 10:49 AM   #3274
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
Hi, Bobby!

https://thumbs2.imagebam.com/bb/4c/e...1349230346.jpg
Nope, no plans to end at 118. An end date has never been discussed for the series.
Old 07-13-2020, 10:53 AM   #3275
AquaParade
Banned

Bobby, sorry if these have been answered...

- Do you know if the Deluxe hardcovers will reset with a "Volume 1" release starting with issue #101? It looks like the trade paperbacks may be taking this route.

- Any plans for Mateus Santolouco to return that you can speak to?

Thanks!
Old 07-13-2020, 12:31 PM   #3276
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
Don't worry, that issue count can be totally ignored; if you scroll down slightly you'll see where it says 'Books in this series' and it lists all of the ongoing issues and a few others like the fcbd issues and the annuals. It stops at 118 (currently issue #109) as that's as far as the solicitations have previewed at the moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Nope, no plans to end at 118. An end date has never been discussed for the series.
Thank you very much!
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 03:18 PM   #3277
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Bobby, sorry if these have been answered...

- Do you know if the Deluxe hardcovers will reset with a "Volume 1" release starting with issue #101? It looks like the trade paperbacks may be taking this route.

- Any plans for Mateus Santolouco to return that you can speak to?

Thanks!
To be honest that's still over a year (or possibly two) away at the moment and it also depends on the finalised contents of volumes 12 and 13, the latter of which may not be out until 2022, so even if an answer was given now there's no reason it couldn't change down the line.
That being said I personally would like to see some kind of identifier for the change of era to be implemented even if it's just in some small way.
Old 07-14-2020, 07:59 PM   #3278
AquaParade
Banned

A few more, if you have time Bobby:

I recently began a re-read of the series. I’m finally collecting the hardcovers so I can catch up on what I‘ve missed, but at issue 4, I am already puzzled by a couple things. I don’t mean to nitpick, but I am wondering if there are explanations for:

A. Stockman letting Hob go after Splinter and the turtles, instead of capturing and studying him. I suppose he was not injected with one of the serums, so he wouldn’t be quite as useful as the turtles or Splinter but it still strikes me as odd that they would let him go as opposed to studying him.

B. The turtles and Old Hob being able to speak English right after mutating. Is the English language encoded into the mutagen? Sorry for being a smartass, there is probably a good answer.

Thanks for any confusion you can clear up. I?m really enjoying the start of the journey, but I?m a tad hung up on these questions.
Old 07-14-2020, 09:39 PM   #3279
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior

Quote:
A. Stockman letting Hob go after Splinter and the turtles, instead of capturing and studying him. I suppose he was not injected with one of the serums, so he wouldn?t be quite as useful as the turtles or Splinter but it still strikes me as odd that they would let him go as opposed to studying him.
Just gonna throw in, Stockman is a brazen opportunist throughout the book. Given the fewer options he has while trying to get out from under Krang's thumb at the beginning of the story, using Hob to hunt the turtles makes sense. You know Stockman ran all sorts of regular tests on Hob as part of their deal.
Joey Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 11:05 PM   #3280
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Kamikaze View Post
Just gonna throw in, Stockman is a brazen opportunist throughout the book. Given the fewer options he has while trying to get out from under Krang's thumb at the beginning of the story, using Hob to hunt the turtles makes sense. You know Stockman ran all sorts of regular tests on Hob as part of their deal.
So he is running experiments on Hob. I guess that?s one of the bits I don?t remember. It still seems a bit shaky to me, but thanks for chiming in.

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz