The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 03-07-2021, 08:48 AM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

If I was to sell my PS3...

Trying to get a good handle on this. I have the original PS3. Original original. Bought maybe 2 months after it came out. The original of the original. It is backwards compatible with PS1 and PS2. I threw out the... I think 20 gig hard drive it came with and replaced it with a 120 gig one. It all still works great.

What should I be listing this at? Does anyone "in the know" know? I did an inventory on "games I would ever play on PS3 again" and the list is becoming nonexistent.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 11:42 AM   #2
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Trying to get a good handle on this. I have the original PS3. Original original. Bought maybe 2 months after it came out. The original of the original. It is backwards compatible with PS1 and PS2. I threw out the... I think 20 gig hard drive it came with and replaced it with a 120 gig one. It all still works great.

What should I be listing this at? Does anyone "in the know" know? I did an inventory on "games I would ever play on PS3 again" and the list is becoming nonexistent.
I still have my original bakwards compatible 80gb - did the same upgrades as well and then it went YLOD on me many years ago. I replaced it with the smaller chassis which I wound up using for it's media server more than gaming by that point.

I don't know if there is a substantial market for them. Some people loved the backwards compatibility until Sony updated it away.

I would do some basic eBay "Sold Sales" searches and maybe cross reference that with what you see as asking prices at maybe two different resale shops - Disc Replay and the like.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 03:45 PM   #3
Ninjinister
無問題

Dammit Andrew you know better than to post this in this part of the forum
Old 03-07-2021, 03:51 PM   #4
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Dammit Andrew you know better than to post this in this part of the forum
What's wrong with this? It's not a sale thread. It's a conversation about the market.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote