Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 06-08-2023, 02:58 PM   #841
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Raph / Donnie -- ??

Really, what do Raph and Donnie connect on? I want to label them as both as gearheads, but I'm not sure how commonly that's actually been shown for Raph? Though it would be a fitting thing to expand on for him.
Heart and brain. One thinks too much and the other acts on impulse. They balance each other out and together they can solve any problem and overcome any obstacle.

Or something like that
Old 06-08-2023, 03:13 PM   #842
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Really, what do Raph and Donnie connect on? I want to label them as both as gearheads, but I'm not sure how commonly that's actually been shown for Raph? Though it would be a fitting thing to expand on for him.
Raph and Donnie are both cynical about humanity in the 1987 cartoon and often wonder whats the point in helping people when they're not appreciated.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 04:00 PM   #843
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

True, the cynicism make them the reverse of Leo and Mikey.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 05:24 PM   #844
miru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pannozzi View Post
I've long found it mildly interesting that Jim Lawson is the only Mirage regular besides Peter and Kevin to have a character he (co-)created appear in any of the TMNT movies... namely Karai.
Though recently many of Ryan Brown’s characters also debuted in Mutant Mayhem. Have any Stephen Murphy, Michael Dooney, or Tristian Jones characters debuted in the movies yet? Even David Wise’s characters appeared before Brown’s.

David Wise… can he be considered the “third father” of the TMNT? He was the guy who basically solidified the 1987 series.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2023, 09:41 AM   #845
Turtlette
Mouser

I wonder where MM!Leonardo’s crush on MM!April is gonna go. It doesn’t seem reciprocal so… what’s gonna happen with it?

EDIT: Also if it’s almost universally agreed amongst the fandom that the turtles having feelings for/being in a relationship with a human is weird then why is it so prominent in canonical TMNT works?

Last edited by Turtlette; 10-10-2023 at 01:47 AM.
Turtlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2023, 10:18 AM   #846
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I don't know who these people are and how they relate to the Ninja Turtles.

Also next time, screenshot these things. People delete their Twitter posts all the time, but not if they're screenshotted. Hide em behind spoilers if you must, but screenshot em. Most of these links don't exist anymore for us to view.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 05:45 PM   #847
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Didn't want to make a thread for it, since I have nothing to contribute on the matter, but someone on the Reddit sub (if by chance not a user here) posted pics of today's dedication of the TMNT manhole cover and historic marker sign in New Hampshire, so just fyi if interested.
Old 11-26-2023, 02:54 PM   #848
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Candy canes fit nicely into some 12" figure hands for decoration. Mini candy canes (in wrapper) are a nice size on the ThreeZero Turtles. Just thought you'd like to know. Unless you're ahead of me on wholesome forms of weirdness and already tried this previously.
Old 11-29-2023, 08:49 PM   #849
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

So if "late November" was when those first sketches happened, then surly by now, so happy creation date 40th birthday, Turtles.
Old 01-04-2024, 02:57 PM   #850
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Just me, or is this card just begging to have the masks drawn on? Maybe some weapons added. Wish there was someone I exchange cards with who'd appreciate it.

Old 02-15-2024, 07:32 PM   #851
Turtle Soup
Thug

The Rise movie is really good.
Turtle Soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 11:21 PM   #852
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle Soup View Post
I actually completely forgot that existed. I guess since I saw Mutant Mayhem recently, I might as well watch the Rise movie too.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 12:30 PM   #853
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle Soup View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I actually completely forgot that existed.
It was so good that everyone forgot about it so quickly.
Old 02-18-2024, 04:12 PM   #854
Turtle Soup
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I actually completely forgot that existed. I guess since I saw Mutant Mayhem recently, I might as well watch the Rise movie too.
Rise movie is better than MM.
Turtle Soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 02:14 PM   #855
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I can't be the only one sometimes mildly annoyed that, simply based some art styles drawing them straight, some people insist that Leo's swords are not actually katana, despite being called katana and intended to be katana... like they demand accuracy for Leo's weapons, but some of the same people will happily continue to believe Raph's sais are bladed weapons.
Old 03-11-2024, 02:17 PM   #856
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlette View Post
EDIT: Also if it’s almost universally agreed amongst the fandom that the turtles having feelings for/being in a relationship with a human is weird then why is it so prominent in canonical TMNT works?
You mean "canonical" in TMNT works since Laird sold his rights? Because they're apocryphal and TPTB don't care. Which makes me not care about them or their works.

Quote:
I can't be the only one sometimes mildly annoyed that, simply based some art styles drawing them straight, some people insist that Leo's swords are not actually katana, despite being called katana and intended to be katana... like they demand accuracy for Leo's weapons, but some of the same people will happily continue to believe Raph's sais are bladed weapons.
I've seen some artists draw Raph's sais with sharpened edges on all sides. It's idiotic, but it's a thing. And Michael Dooney and Farley are probably the only artists who ever bothered to actually give Leo's katana their proper curvature.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 03-11-2024 at 02:23 PM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 12:00 AM   #857
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Somehow I doubt Wizard101 is commonly played by this crowd (hey, no judging, it's a cute game lol) so I thought it might be worth posting an Easter egg I came across tonight.

Look who I found!

Friend and I started a zone that's full of dinosaur people (among others) and hard to tell by the posture because it's a zombie, but he is a triceratops.

There's also a Shinobi (also referred to as "Shellnobi") Turtle pet with a pair of sai from an old retired game card, but sadly I don't have it. And Death school Ninja Pigs who are a bit suspiciously green skinned, but that might be a coincidence. Or not.