The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 01-25-2023, 07:30 PM   #141
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronardo View Post
Surely something's gonna give, right? When this bombs and the franchise inevitably disappears for several years, when it comes back surely somebody will realize the mistakes and course correct. I wouldn't normally say that, but it really can't get much worse than this, right? Unless it miraculously over-performs and therefore does get worse.

Or am I just giving Viacom too much credit?
there is just so much you can do with this brand.

all the notes have been hit over the years,sometimes multiple times over. about the only thing left to do is agenerational show. start the turtles off as kids. give it a few years rest. bring them back as teens. give it a few years rest, back as adults, all the way till death.

and if you change it too much ,it's not turtles anymore. that's the endless problem with reboots. you can only do it so many times.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 07:39 PM   #142
neatoman
Emperor

So... Do you think there is someone on the production who really hates this movie or something? Because so far, the official info has been scarce but we have had plenty of leaked concept art and of course these storyboards. Do you think it's one person or multiple people?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM   #143
Cowabung-Gal
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
So... Do you think there is someone on the production who really hates this movie or something? Because so far, the official info has been scarce but we have had plenty of leaked concept art and of course these storyboards. Do you think it's one person or multiple people?
It’s people who hate western culture in general. People who want to “change the world”.
Old 01-25-2023, 07:55 PM   #144
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
It’s people who hate western culture in general. People who want to “change the world”.
Change the world? By leaking storyboards and concept art for a kids' movie?
Hahahaha!
Old 01-25-2023, 08:03 PM   #145
Cowabung-Gal
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Change the world? By leaking storyboards and concept art for a kids' movie?
Guess there was some miscommunication on my part, sorry.

I meant, the people who make these awful adaptations, like Velma. They feel that the classic stuff is not woke enough so they try to erase the past with the new stuff. Seth Rogen hates Christmas enough to make a show that does nothing but sh** on it. And now he’s got his greasy hands on TMNT.

If the upcoming movie is really as bad as it appears to be, then someone who’s in the staff but genuinely cares about the source material is trying to warn us. Either that, or this was leaked deliberately because they love to see true fans seethe and freak out.
Old 01-25-2023, 08:14 PM   #146
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
there is just so much you can do with this brand.

all the notes have been hit over the years,sometimes multiple times over. about the only thing left to do is agenerational show. start the turtles off as kids. give it a few years rest. bring them back as teens. give it a few years rest, back as adults, all the way till death.

and if you change it too much ,it's not turtles anymore. that's the endless problem with reboots. you can only do it so many times.
The only thing they haven't tried is a more Mirage style adaptation.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 08:52 PM   #147
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
Guess there was some miscommunication on my part, sorry.

I meant, the people who make these awful adaptations, like Velma. They feel that the classic stuff is not woke enough so they try to erase the past with the new stuff. Seth Rogen hates Christmas enough to make a show that does nothing but sh** on it. And now he’s got his greasy hands on TMNT.

If the upcoming movie is really as bad as it appears to be, then someone who’s in the staff but genuinely cares about the source material is trying to warn us. Either that, or this was leaked deliberately because they love to see true fans seethe and freak out.
Aside from making April overweight and taking a few other... Drastic liberites with her design... I'm not really seeing too much to associate it with anything like Velma or that Santa show, ignoring Seth Rogen's involvement of course, and I'm certainly not seeing any spitefulness in the same vein as Velma. So I'm not really willing to label it as one those projects just yet.

Mostly my problem with this leaked scene and the concept art is that it largely fails to include anything I've ever appreciated about TMNT in favor of making another kids' movie that emulates movies like Shrek without even understanding what made Shrek work in the first place. Basically, I'm not really seeing TMNT in this but I'm not really seeing Velma either, what I'm seeing is Robots, Ice Age 4, Over the Hedge, Robots, Turbo, Boss Baby, Shark Tale, Bee Movie, Minions, The Emoji Movie and a bunch of other generic kids' movies with dumb humor and generic plots you can predict within the first five minutes. What little of TMNT I'm seeing is the stuff that deserved to be filtered out by successive adaptations, not clung onto so it can continue to rot the series.

No, I don't think they are being spiteful here, I think they're just indifferent towards the series itself and just keep doing what they think kids want because it was in other kids' movies. The thing with April might be done to make a specific type of crowd happy and in turn give them an automatic thumbs up by highlighting it instead of the problems, but I'm not really seeing any vitriol yet. Neither for the franchise or society. Maybe there is something like that in the movie but not in what we've seen so far.
Hahahaha!

Last edited by neatoman; 01-26-2023 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Made some glaring errors about explaining "Spitefulness", the errors are still in Roseangelo's quote of me below.
Old 01-25-2023, 09:04 PM   #148
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Aside from making April overweight and taking a few other... Drastic liberites with her design... I'm not really seeing too much to associate anything like Velma or that Santa show, ignoring Seth Rogen's involvement of course, and I'm certainly seeing any spitefulness in the same vein as Velma. So I'm not really willing willing to label it as one those projects just yet.
I believe the crux of the criticism of Velma is that it they wanted to make that show, they should have just made that show without attaching the Scooby Doo franchise to it. Just make it four new characters and boom, people might not hate it.

Here we similarly have something that seems to have the TMNT brand slapped onto it, while inherently not being TMNT.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 09:27 PM   #149
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
I believe the crux of the criticism of Velma is that it they wanted to make that show, they should have just made that show without attaching the Scooby Doo franchise to it. Just make it four new characters and boom, people might not hate it.

Here we similarly have something that seems to have the TMNT brand slapped onto it, while inherently not being TMNT.
Yes, this movie will probably come across like significant chunks could be slotted into just about anything else with minor changes, as if it's only a TMNT movie because that's what the writer got assigned to write. I do believe that, I'm just not so sure if the leaked storyboards were about the Black Ops Armadillos instead it would be a good scene, you know? It would still come across as something out of a generic CGI movie where most of the humor amounts to drawn out awkwardness and yelling with random arm flailing, you know? The core problem would still be there, as is the only additional problem is that it being done in the name of something that shouldn't be like that.

As for comparisons to Velma, the main difference I tried to point out is that I don't think this movie is inspired by disdain for either the existing material or something else like other people in the real world, just indifference to it.
Hahahaha!
Old 01-25-2023, 11:28 PM   #150
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Or the one or two things TPTB like about the TMNT, taking them and blowing them up out of proportion and throwing out everything else. Ignoring things that's worked well in the past and certainly not the least bit interested in anything in the source material.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 09:05 AM   #151
IMJ
Emperor

With the kind of fan reaction going on here the wrong trailer release could be devastating for this movie.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 09:51 AM   #152
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Prediction: trailer will come out, a lot of people will be upset about fat, black April, lots of bots and Mary Sue articles rallying about how racist, bigot fans are toxic and how fat, black April is amazing and empowering (probably citing how Rise of the TMNT was so awesome, and that was a black April).

That, or they just hide her from the trailer.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 01:50 PM   #153
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Paramount reported me on Facebook and Twitter for copyright infringement, for posting the recent pictures. The storyboards were just a link (that now doesn't work), but I'm sure they hated that, too.

Anyways, I'm now in Facebook Jail and have a strike against me on Twitter. Too bad they don't believe is positive fan relations.

Oh, and the lesson I've learned is that I won't be promoting anything about this movie.
Imagine getting paid to be that person who hunts the internet to rat out random harmless people who are posting images of things that are already too late and can not be unseen! And get into trouble when FANS couldn't really have known if it was an approved leak on their end. Hell, some got in trouble for using that official snack food press release. Do they even know what they're doing?

If an individual fan is such a threat then RIP Leaker. That won't be pretty if they're found out. You poor, incredibly brave soul.

Well... Mikey Derp still exists via the link so they haven't run over to Imgur to complain, but maybe having cropped one piece of a panel is less of a issue. Unrecognizable anyhow. (Though if it's a problem for the site I'll take it off.)
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 09:33 PM   #154
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Imagine getting paid to be that person who hunts the internet to rat out random harmless people who are posting images of things that are already too late and can not be unseen! And get into trouble when FANS couldn't really have known if it was an approved leak on their end. Hell, some got in trouble for using that official snack food press release. Do they even know what they're doing?

If an individual fan is such a threat then RIP Leaker. That won't be pretty if they're found out. You poor, incredibly brave soul.

Well... Mikey Derp still exists via the link so they haven't run over to Imgur to complain, but maybe having cropped one piece of a panel is less of a issue. Unrecognizable anyhow. (Though if it's a problem for the site I'll take it off.)
Just deep fry the image or something. Then it's transformative. Fair use, baby! Never forget about Mikey Derp! Never let THEM forget about Mikey Derp!
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 09:55 AM   #155
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

lol Had to look it up (eesh, am I old now?), so just make a mess of the image if need be?
Old 01-27-2023, 03:53 PM   #156
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't even know who this is aimed at. Us original fans are all 30-40 year olds now and we've not going to like this.

All the kids who grew up with the Nick 2012 cartoon are now either in college or are in their last year of High School, so even the younger generation won't like it, same reason Rise of the TMNT didn't catch on I imagine.

Like, which demographic is this aimed at? New 5-10 year olds?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 05:59 PM   #157
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yup. And most of them the kids that probably won't care less the following week because they've got so many other things competing for their attention and sad to say often care about their (or using a parent's) phone, tablet, etc more than they do toys...

If movies were smart they'd start printing the scannable codes on tickets for a mini game related to a kid/family movie to keep their attention after they leave the theater. Hell, then advertise in it that more codes to further the game can be gotten with the toys.
Old 01-28-2023, 11:51 AM   #158
Sumac
Banned

Unless it is a resounding success (I hope its not), it will be a moderate success, which probably will secure a sequel, but nothing else.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 01:41 PM   #159
Roseangelo
Emperor

I am free from Facebook Jail. Ready to put in all the effort to not promote this pile of crap.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 02:30 PM   #160
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Paramount is known for doing this stuff, They did it when leaks for the Transformers movies were posted online, So I'm not surprise that they took them down, But here's the thing, Don't post any leaks on Facebook, Because there's a 90% chance that you would get a temp suspension for posting leaks, Which is why I never do such on my Facebook account.

There's no reason to be mad about Paramount doing this, They been doing this with other IPs, Even though them taking these down confirms the legitimacy, It won't change my mind about the movie, I still plan on seeing it, This will be its own thing since there are other versions of TMNT out there for people to enjoy.

Tags
tigerclawisashill