The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 04-11-2014, 02:56 PM   #1
Ursalink
Foot Soldier

Potential "Turtles Forever 2"? (*Possible Spoilers*)

This is something I have been suspecting from sometime ago. Everyone who has seen the first "Turtles Forever" will know that the movie showed technically all the versions of the TMNT through the years. As the Utrom Shredder said "The Multiverse of the cursed Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles". But in the story, we only saw in action three versions of them: the turtles from the 80's animated series, the turtles from the 2003's animated series; and the Mirage's turtles from their very first appearance in a comic. Well, anyone who has seen that movie and compared it with the current series from Nickelodeon will agree with me when I say the new series has features from these three previous versions. Basically, the humor part comes from the 80's turtles, the dark and intense aspects comes from the Mirage's turtles; and the "spark" from the 21st century comes from the 2003's turtles.

I would even dare to say that the reality of Nick's TMNT could have been created because of the encounter for the three main Turtle Teams in "Turtles Forever". (Which, basically, it was). Even the Technodrome of the new series looks like a lot to the original Technodrome after the Utrom Shredder upgraded it with Utrom Tech. So I believe it woul be interesting if we see a sequel of the movie, call it "Turtles Forever 2". In it, the four Turtle Teams from the current series and the previous movie meet each other and they fight against an alliance of several Shredders. I'm even thinking about the possibility of using the unsolved plot of the 2003's series ("The Shredders War") to be solved in this potential sequel. Think about it: the current Shredder and the three Shredders from the 2003's series (the Utrom, the Demon and the Cyber one) as the big bads of the film. The 80's Shredder could also appear, but he would be just a "comic relief".

The current Turtles have already seen their 80's versions and we know they will meet each other in the future again; as the say there will be a guy "talking with himself" because he interprets a 80's Turtle and a current turtle. So, I believe my idea is quite possible. What do you think?
Ursalink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:47 PM   #2
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
The current Turtles have already seen their 80's versions and we know they will meet each other in the future again; as the say there will be a guy "talking with himself" because he interprets a 80's Turtle and a current turtle. So, I believe my idea is quite possible. What do you think?
No we don't know this.

Why do people keep saying they're coming back just based on something that was said six months ago? The episode by that point wouldn't even have been animated and/or completed yet.

It's the scene was made, but could easily have been edited out based on time constraints.

Wouldn't mind seeing them again, but let's hold the phone on knowing it's a fact.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 05:46 PM   #3
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

I guess anything is possible but I don't think your idea is probable at all for the Nick series.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 05:56 PM   #4
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Didn't Ciro say in a recent podcast that they're not doing a Turtles Forever 2?
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:23 PM   #5
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Lets have Turtles Infinity. Every incarnation meets each other no matter how obscure, including Next Mutation and those superhero style japanese turtles but wait til after this year so the new live action turtles can be included too.

Im justing joking but that would be pretty awesome. Id watch it.

Seriously though as much as I like sequels and as much as I loved Turtles Forever I don't see a part 2 being very interesting. Its just adding in the Nick turtles. Shredder was already pretty powerful in that. What would the threat be? Wipe-out turtle prime again?
Old 04-12-2014, 12:06 AM   #6
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior

I'd prefer Turtles Forever redux. I think I find a new thing to hate about the actual movie every time I think about it, and it's continuity is so ass that a sequel hardly even makes sense.

Not only that, but the mentality that applied to TF wouldn't be very applicable here. The draw with that movie was that there were two radically different versions of the same franchise juxtaposed, and with the Nick show trying to be a middle ground, where would it fit? There are subtle differences between the Nick turtles and 4Kids turtles, and to make a joke out of that, they would need to play said subtleties up--and I oppose doing that.
Old 04-12-2014, 01:52 AM   #7
victory_angel
Foot Elite

As much as I would like to see a Turtles Forever part Deux.

I don't think it would work to have all incarnations of the Awesome Foursome meeting up. We have the Nick Turtles seeing the 87 turtles. But the 87 Turtles haven't encountered their Nickelodeon Counterparts as of yet. I heard the actual encounter with the 87 TMNT is going to happen towards the last few eps of the season.

It would be awesome if they could at least have a reference to Turtles Forever, such as 87 Michelangelo commenting about experiencing Dajavu. I.E. Experiencing another version of themselves from another universe.

However if you have the Nick Turtles, 87 Turtles, and 2003 Turtles all meet up it might be interesting, but at the same time come across as too much.

The 87 Turtles are clownish and nonsensical. But that's largely because their show was more comedic.

The 2K3 version the turtles have their clownish moments, but majority of the time they do take things seriously.

The Nick Turtles have a blend of action and Comedy. Meaning they can be clownish, but they know when to be serious.

It might me easier to handle if the Nick Turtles are only dealing with one set of dopplegangers, so just the 2K3 guys or the 1987 Turtles, not both sets.

The villain would either have to just be Kraang or a villain made up just for that encounter. I mean I can see Nick Shredder teaming up with other version of himself from other worlds, but they would be too busy fighting with each other over who truly has the right to kill the Turtles.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:01 AM   #8
bridgegrn
Foot Soldier

There's no more crossovers. Ciro warned everyone not to get too excited and expect a whole big thing when the 80s turtles showed because it was just supposed to be a quick cameo but people did anyway lol. And I know that Rob said he recorded a line with Don and Raph interacting but that doesn't mean it's from a new episode. It could very well be a deleted scene from the episode that aired. There is no way Ciro and his crew would keep going back to the well like that and kill what was meant to be a fun little moment by repeating it. They are way too clever for that.
bridgegrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 05:41 AM   #9
Longview01
Foot Soldier

I don't feel the new Turtles has anywhere near the lvl of spark that the 2k3 Turtles did
Longview01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:13 AM   #10
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgegrn View Post
There's no more crossovers. Ciro warned everyone not to get too excited and expect a whole big thing when the 80s turtles showed because it was just supposed to be a quick cameo but people did anyway lol. And I know that Rob said he recorded a line with Don and Raph interacting but that doesn't mean it's from a new episode. It could very well be a deleted scene from the episode that aired. There is no way Ciro and his crew would keep going back to the well like that and kill what was meant to be a fun little moment by repeating it. They are way too clever for that.
That's a flawed argument. A "fun little moment" is just that, but a longer crossover can do more; hence the only way to ruin it would be if such quick bits repeat or the crossover repeats. Besides, despite your claim, the show has definitely beaten some ideas into the ground, like Don's crush on April, Mikey's stupidity, the show-within-a-show jokes, etc.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:00 AM   #11
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I have predicted that the Nick Turtles may see the 80's Turtles again based on the fact that Tiger Claw was swallowed by that worm and sent into the 80's Turtles' dimension. However, I don't think it'll be a full blow crossover as you think. I would think it would be a brief meet up, but this is just my prediction. I don't know if it'll happen or not, but you have to admit that this show does a good job of foreshadowing events, and this well could be one of those times. We'll just have to wait and see.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:23 AM   #12
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

I can already tell you what will happen: There will be an episode where iwill travel to the 87 universe through Kraang portal to rescue Tiger claw. There i will meet with the 87 shredder and krang and we will team up to defeat the turtles(the 87 turtles). Then at the end of the episode i will come back to Nick universe with tiger claw. That what going to happen.
Old 04-12-2014, 11:44 AM   #13
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
i can already tell you what will happen: There will be an episode where iwill travel to the 87 universe through kraang portal to rescue tiger claw. There i will meet with the 87 shredder and krang and we will team up to defeat the turtles(the 87 turtles). Then at the end of the episode i will come back to nick universe with tiger claw. That what going to happen.
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 03:54 PM   #14
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konchadunga View Post
I'd prefer Turtles Forever redux. I think I find a new thing to hate about the actual movie every time I think about it, and it's continuity is so ass that a sequel hardly even makes sense.
1000% agree, and I wish that movie would be struck from canon. I don't get the appeal for a sequel either, why retread on a movie that was basically an insulting take on the 80's show? The Manhattan Project's cameo did far more then Turtle's Forever ever could, including being respectful to the 80's show that it was 'spoofing.'
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 04:31 PM   #15
bridgegrn
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konchadunga View Post
That's a flawed argument. A "fun little moment" is just that, but a longer crossover can do more; hence the only way to ruin it would be if such quick bits repeat or the crossover repeats. Besides, despite your claim, the show has definitely beaten some ideas into the ground, like Don's crush on April, Mikey's stupidity, the show-within-a-show jokes, etc.
A longer crossover does nothing for their main audience. It was a fun little moment for older fans and parents who have kids who enjoy the show. There is absolutely no reason beyond that for the show to keep going back to the 80s cartoon. They want the show to stand on it's own 2 feet. And the show relying on their own continuity and jokes is completely different than revisiting past incarnations of the characters just because. Nice try though.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:32 PM   #16
bridgegrn
Foot Soldier

Plus let's not forget that Ciro has already told everyone that was all the cameo was ever going to be.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:50 PM   #17
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Plus let's not forget that Ciro has already told everyone that was all the cameo was ever going to be.
Yay!
That is the BEST news I've ever heard! I hope that is the last I ever see the 80s toon in this show
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:55 PM   #18
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior

Quote:
if that was all there was 2 that cameo, then y did ciro say that 80s raph would be talking 2 nick don?
Old 04-12-2014, 08:24 PM   #19
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwolf View Post
if that was all there was 2 that cameo, then y did ciro say that 80s raph would be talking 2 nick don?
Things change, things get edited. Did Ciro say there were multiple cameos?
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 10:09 PM   #20
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior

No, but he didn't say there wouldn't be, either. He said the upcoming crossover was short, not that it was unique, and courtesy of the same conversations, he is very aware many fans yearn for more.

Last edited by Konchadunga; 04-12-2014 at 10:17 PM.
Konchadunga is offline   Reply With Quote