The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Which version of April do you think is the hottest?
Mirage 4 1.56%
Reporter / old cartoon 116 45.31%
The first movie 31 12.11%
The second and third movie 17 6.64%
Archie 9 3.52%
New cartoon 79 30.86%
Voters: 256. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 02:18 AM   #81
NameGoesHere1066
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
I couldn't have said it better. I don't understand what's supposed to be so attractive about Paris Hilton, Nicole Richie,etc. A woman is supposed to look DIFFERENT from a guy as far as not looking like a twelve year old with tennis balls in their shirt...I'm not saying that all slender women are ugly, I'm just saying that curves are what make them so attractive and physically appealing in the first place.
I think being slender is having curves and being voluptuous, which April in the old was. She was slender not skinny. Skinny to me is being a tooth pick with no curves and has the--as you said, twelve year old with tenis balls in their shirt look. April in the new toon is thin but she still has a shape, and looks healthy. April in the new CGI movie was skinny, like bulimic skinny, she looked like a skeleton with skin. It for this reason, even though CGI April was attractive, I couldn't find her too pretty. She looked sickly.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:08 AM   #82
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr._Mutant_Man View Post
I remember Archie April had more of a variety of outfits than the cartoon version did too, although I still think she went back to the yellow jumpsuit a few times.
ooh, can I see some pics of Archie April in her diffrent outfits? please and thank you.

Quote:
April in the old toon was a mature adult with a great body with actual curves before the rise of anarexic skinny ass girls brcame popular in media
pfft, no kidding! Today it's disgusting how it's pimped in the media of girls so skinny they would have to jump around in the shower just to get wet! And this is what is supposed to be seen as ideal. And that's something that's being instilled in young girls minds today to be this skinny and it just doesn't look healthy. And it reflects in clothes stores. The sizes for the average blouse are ushaually small, extra small, with the biggest being medium. What are they trying to say if you aren't a size four! I guess I better start shopping for that muu muu.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Old 06-17-2008, 10:42 PM   #83
Mr._Mutant_Man
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NameGoesHere1066 View Post
I think being slender is having curves and being voluptuous, which April in the old was. She was slender not skinny. Skinny to me is being a tooth pick with no curves and has the--as you said, twelve year old with tenis balls in their shirt look. April in the new toon is thin but she still has a shape, and looks healthy. April in the new CGI movie was skinny, like bulimic skinny, she looked like a skeleton with skin. It for this reason, even though CGI April was attractive, I couldn't find her too pretty. She looked sickly.
I didn't really like April's design in the new movie. It was kind of distracting how skinny she was. She looked like any of the bad guys could snap her like a twig.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:06 AM   #84
gobo
Wacky Action

Snapping twigs is fun!

Old 06-19-2008, 11:52 AM   #85
NameGoesHere1066
Stone Warrior

not according to some guys I've talked to. Who wants to sleep next to a girl so skinny she would get lost in the folds in the bed sheets. Some guys like a bit of cushin' for the pushin'
Old 06-19-2008, 03:28 PM   #86
Revan
Han Shot First

That's the American Media's Beauty standard. And don't we all want her to be beautiful? Seriously though, it's a cartoon. Lots of cartoons are over stylized. Better too skinny that a little fat april.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:37 PM   #87
Jelly Bean
Stone Warrior

Hey you know what I think it's insulting that some of you are implying that skinny girls with no curves are anoraxic or some how doing it on purpose, some girls can't help not having any curves when they are thin. It's not anything that they do it's just the way their physique is. Not every girl can be gifted with voluptious curvy figures that looks like it was carved with a knife like April from the 80's toon is depicted or Jessica Rabbit from "Who Framed Roger Rabbit", or some of the models from Victoria Secret. If some girls have natural curves good for you nature smiled on you. Some girls just naturally have the lollipop look when they are thin and look like twelve year olds with tennis balls in their shirts. So this self rightous assumption that thin girls are trying to be anoraxic to fit some beauty standard is bull. And I'd like to point out that when it comes to girls with "meat on their bones" there is a stark diffrence between "curves" and "lumps and buldges".
it's pretty stupid that any company that specializes in serving up hot meat - specifically "Hot C*ck Meat" (Chickens? "C*cks"? Get it?) - in between a set of warm buns would have an anti-gay agenda. The irony is palpable.
-Leo656

--------

Old 06-19-2008, 10:48 PM   #88
Mr._Mutant_Man
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino View Post
That's the American Media's Beauty standard. And don't we all want her to be beautiful? Seriously though, it's a cartoon. Lots of cartoons are over stylized. Better too skinny that a little fat april.
A fat April could be interesting for a change. The turtles wouldn't have to worry as much about her being a damsel in distress, because it would be harder for the foot clan to run off with her.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:07 PM   #89
NameGoesHere1066
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Bean View Post
Hey you know what I think it's insulting that some of you are implying that skinny girls with no curves are anoraxic or some how doing it on purpose, some girls can't help not having any curves when they are thin. It's not anything that they do it's just the way their physique is. Not every girl can be gifted with voluptious curvy figures that looks like it was carved with a knife like April from the 80's toon is depicted or Jessica Rabbit from "Who Framed Roger Rabbit", or some of the models from Victoria Secret. If some girls have natural curves good for you nature smiled on you. Some girls just naturally have the lollipop look when they are thin and look like twelve year olds with tennis balls in their shirts. So this self rightous assumption that thin girls are trying to be anoraxic to fit some beauty standard is bull. And I'd like to point out that when it comes to girls with "meat on their bones" there is a stark diffrence between "curves" and "lumps and buldges".
um, whoa calm your self down cheeka no one is saying that girls who are thin are unhealthy. If you're naturally thin then thats fine, what we where talking about is the media having these skeleton skinny girls as the ultimate body type when most girls don't fit that standard and make clothes that a majority of girls can't wear. I don't know how you confused that with "OMG skinny girls are ugly if they don't have womanly curves and are sticking their fingers down their throat to be skinny twelve year old boys", like it was a personal attack on the average thin girl.
Old 06-21-2008, 07:35 AM   #90
Revan
Han Shot First

Quote:
Originally Posted by NameGoesHere1066 View Post
what we where talking about is the media having these skeleton skinny girls as the ultimate body type when most girls don't fit that standard and make clothes that a majority of girls can't wear.
What about Casey's overstylized physique? Or Saki's, or any male in the cartoon for that matter. That's just the nature of cartoons. Creators like to create characters who viewers don't mind looking at.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:10 PM   #91
gobo
Wacky Action

Too true. Fighters who weight train don't realistically have big, bulky muscles. That's just ridiculous! I get what you're saying though. I'm just nit-picking your choice of examples.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:19 AM   #92
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
A fat April could be interesting for a change. The turtles wouldn't have to worry as much about her being a damsel in distress, because it would be harder for the foot clan to run off with her.
I'm sorry but just..... LMAO!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-24-2008, 09:46 AM   #93
NameGoesHere1066
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino View Post
What about Casey's overstylized physique? Or Saki's, or any male in the cartoon for that matter. That's just the nature of cartoons. Creators like to create characters who viewers don't mind looking at.
I think the turtles cartoon has been pretty realistic as far as mens physiques go. Compared to some stylized marvel cartoons where the men look like Adonis's of Herculean porportions the men in 2k3 series look pretty average. Although I will say thatat least the women in 2k3 series don't look like amazons with breasts the size of their heads.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:53 AM   #94
Jelly Bean
Stone Warrior

what kind of fat do you guys have in mind for a "fat" April? Merly chunky with still traces of a figure or obese where she looks like a ball with limbs?

In eighther cartoon was there ever any episode where April wore a night gown? If so could some one show me?
it's pretty stupid that any company that specializes in serving up hot meat - specifically "Hot C*ck Meat" (Chickens? "C*cks"? Get it?) - in between a set of warm buns would have an anti-gay agenda. The irony is palpable.
-Leo656

--------

Old 06-26-2008, 01:35 PM   #95
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Old 06-26-2008, 05:06 PM   #96
NameGoesHere1066
Stone Warrior

oooh that is just disrespectful. April in the first pic loks more like a fat guy with a bear gut. Women don't really have that "over the belt" belly fat roll like guys do.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:31 PM   #97
Mr._Mutant_Man
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Bean View Post
what kind of fat do you guys have in mind for a "fat" April? Merly chunky with still traces of a figure or obese where she looks like a ball with limbs?
Depends on the plot of the episode.

If it's merely the result of hanging out with the turtles a little too often, then maybe the pizza causes her to put on a few extra pounds.

However, the "ball with limbs" idea reminds me of a dream I had when I was really young. As a young Turtles fan who had just seen Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, I once had a dream that Shredder had a device or something that made April blow up like that blueberry girl. Heck, he made the turtles do that in the Michelangelo's birthday episode. With old toon April's vain streak, I'm surprised the same didn't happen to April in the plot of an episode.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:09 AM   #98
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post

yikes sdp, did you draw those your self? Those are scarey!

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Old 06-28-2008, 03:15 PM   #99
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:

That is one of the most bizarre fanarts of this type I have seen in a while. Kind of amusing

Quote:
Sorry if I offended you with previous posts, JellyBean, even though that isn't what I meant. I just say this because I go to go school with girls who talk about starving themselves or are actually naturally skinny, and slender in a pleasant way, but think they are fat, etc, etc...

So once again, no offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:52 PM   #100
Dan
Banned

Quote:
Depends on the plot of the episode.

If it's merely the result of hanging out with the turtles a little too often, then maybe the pizza causes her to put on a few extra pounds.
Or maybe the turtles had a little fun with her and got her pregnant.
Closed Thread

Tags
a day inside may, april o'neil, zombie thread