The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 02-26-2021, 09:23 AM   #3341
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by slashpieturtlemix View Post
Bobby, I have to admit that IDW is going on being my favorite iteration of the series. You guys and gals are doing amazing work over there! So many easter eggs for everyone
Thanks very much for taking the time to write!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 11:31 PM   #3342
Ninjinister
無問題

Might be something to direct to Kev or Tom, but... is Last Ronin's Karai, Saki's daughter, or did she shack up with Saki's son?
Old 03-01-2021, 11:10 AM   #3343
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Might be something to direct to Kev or Tom, but... is Last Ronin's Karai, Saki's daughter, or did she shack up with Saki's son?
Good question, and I don't know. I do suspect Kevin or Tom would know!
Old 03-03-2021, 03:32 PM   #3344
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Hi Bobby, can you confirm whether the IDW Collection hardbacks will be continuing after Volume 13?
Old 03-03-2021, 03:51 PM   #3345
neatoman
Emperor

I know the issues of Last Ronin have been delayed a couple of time. When is the current schedule for issues 4 and 5? Or is this a "Done when it's done" sort of thing for now?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 04:34 PM   #3346
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
Hi Bobby, can you confirm whether the IDW Collection hardbacks will be continuing after Volume 13?
Yes, though it's possible under an altered name a la the new TPB collections. That's still being determined as far as I can tell.
Old 03-03-2021, 04:35 PM   #3347
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I know the issues of Last Ronin have been delayed a couple of time. When is the current schedule for issues 4 and 5? Or is this a "Done when it's done" sort of thing for now?
I could give you our target schedule, but honestly I think "done when it's done" is the most accurate way to look at it. The team is working hard, I know that at least!
Old 03-03-2021, 05:48 PM   #3348
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Yes, though it's possible under an altered name a la the new TPB collections. That's still being determined as far as I can tell.
Thanks Bobby, I figured it would be something like that (or like Transformers starting their Phase 3 hardback run). I also assume the paperback editions of the Collection books will be produced alternating with new volumes?
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 09:47 AM   #3349
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Thanks Bobby, I figured it would be something like that (or like Transformers starting their Phase 3 hardback run). I also assume the paperback editions of the Collection books will be produced alternating with new volumes?
I haven't heard any plans for that, but it's a reasonable guess!
Old 03-04-2021, 10:48 AM   #3350
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
I could give you our target schedule, but honestly I think "done when it's done" is the most accurate way to look at it. The team is working hard, I know that at least!
ahh, refreshingly honest. Thanks.

P.S. I'm glad the team isn't sacrificing the book to fit the schedule.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 11:52 AM   #3351
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

Quote:
That's frustrating. I don't know what sort of buyer says "I want my collection of books to look inconsistent when I put them next to each other."

I get post 100 it's all about the new customers and reaching a fresh audience. But isn't the goal to get the people who come in on issue 101 to be interested in the original 13 books as well? I know you don't deal in the collections Bobby but there has to be some logic in keeping things the way they are instead of plastering ALL NEW REBORN START HERE on volume 14 etc and ignoring the people that supported these books for years in favor of catching some new persons eye in Barnes and Noble.
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 12:44 PM   #3352
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookycookies View Post
That's frustrating. I don't know what sort of buyer says "I want my collection of books to look inconsistent when I put them next to each other."

I get post 100 it's all about the new customers and reaching a fresh audience. But isn't the goal to get the people who come in on issue 101 to be interested in the original 13 books as well? I know you don't deal in the collections Bobby but there has to be some logic in keeping things the way they are instead of plastering ALL NEW REBORN START HERE on volume 14 etc and ignoring the people that supported these books for years in favor of catching some new persons eye in Barnes and Noble.
I get what you're saying but if they do change and restart from volume 1, I would imagine it would be similar to how the Transformers hardbacks handled moving from Phase 1 to Phase 2 and soon Phase 3 (in September, although I don't know what the Phases are in reference to as I haven't read any of that series); they all share the same basic design but have slight style changes between each phase:

Granted until we actually see an image of the next volume we won't know how well the old and new designs will look side-by-side.
Old 03-04-2021, 06:42 PM   #3353
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I get what you're saying but if they do change and restart from volume 1, I would imagine it would be similar to how the Transformers hardbacks handled moving from Phase 1 to Phase 2 and soon Phase 3 (in September, although I don't know what the Phases are in reference to as I haven't read any of that series); they all share the same basic design but have slight style changes between each phase:
https://images1.penguinrandomhouse.c.../9781600106675https://images3.penguinrandomhouse.c.../9781631400407https://images1.penguinrandomhouse.c.../9781684058426

Granted until we actually see an image of the next volume we won't know how well the old and new designs will look side-by-side.
Thanks for the visual I was not familiar with how all of those volumes worked. I am still concerned about how the final product will be presented going forward with hopes to how it matches up with the current books.

The expectation is that Tom will eventually return to the book full time correct? The annual put out all of these pieces for seemingly only him to pick up and I would hope that even if there is a gap in his writing you'd be able to
experince his first and next run all in the same format comfortably.
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 05:06 AM   #3354
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Thanks for the visual I was not familiar with how all of those volumes worked. I am still concerned about how the final product will be presented going forward with hopes to how it matches up with the current books.

The expectation is that Tom will eventually return to the book full time correct? The annual put out all of these pieces for seemingly only him to pick up and I would hope that even if there is a gap in his writing you'd be able to
experince his first and next run all in the same format comfortably.
To be fair all of the IDW collections have used more or less the same visual layout, the only exception being the Ghostbusters volumes and although they aren't labelled as 'IDW Collection' they are presented in exactly the same way:
Old 03-05-2021, 10:39 AM   #3355
jignat
Foot Soldier

Hi Lapsed TMNT fan here.

Mr. Curnow,

I was wondering if IDW has published Mirage Vol.2 in a hardcover "Ultimate" format or if it will in the future?
Thanks.
jignat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 01:24 PM   #3356
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jignat View Post
Hi Lapsed TMNT fan here.

Mr. Curnow,

I was wondering if IDW has published Mirage Vol.2 in a hardcover "Ultimate" format or if it will in the future?
Thanks.
I believe this is what you are looking for however you have trouble finding a copy at a sensible price: https://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutan...4975800&sr=8-1
Old 03-05-2021, 01:52 PM   #3357
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
I believe this is what you are looking for however you have trouble finding a copy at a sensible price: https://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutan...4975800&sr=8-1
No, he means Volume 2 from the original Mirage series. Ran for 11 issues. Baxter Stockman cutting out his own brain and taking over a big bad robot was one of the highlights. Also DARPA.
Old 03-05-2021, 02:00 PM   #3358
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Oh right sorry. I think they've only released them paperback classics volumes before now?
Old 03-08-2021, 02:15 PM   #3359
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:

I agree with you completely, for what it's worth.
Old 03-08-2021, 02:16 PM   #3360
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jignat View Post
Hi Lapsed TMNT fan here.

Mr. Curnow,

Thanks.
I haven't heard about any plans like this, so I would assume not! But there are collection stuff i'm not aware of, so maybe it's possible!

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz