The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 02-26-2005, 01:30 PM   #81
Mondo J. Gecko
Mad Scientist

Still haven't got my cord yet... but I'm still playing Halo 2 way too much... ... if anybody wants to challenge me to a game or just wanna set up a T-Drome Custom Game I'll be on tomorrow night (Sunday the 27th) around 4 or 5 Mountain Time..... maybe earlier... gotta work tonight though... and don't forget to check out my clan's new site... its pretty cool... I was quite impressed with it... Chewbacca's Clan Site...

EDIT: Anybody read the Bungie.net Weekly update yesterday? Frankie left some hints about the downloadable content... said something about a tree and one level that he liked for the Graphics... remeber though, most of the levels have something to do with the Halo 2 storyline... I'm guessing a Delta Halo level and a Space level of somesorts...

Last edited by Mondo J. Gecko; 02-26-2005 at 01:35 PM.
Mondo J. Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 01:54 PM   #82
Peanut
Second Gear

You never can tell with Bungie. Frankly, their constant "hint" games are getting kinda annoying. I'd like to know if they've got any kind of date for the DLC.

Edit: News time!

Halo 3 In Production
Yes, we have news about Halo 3. IGN learned last week while drinking secretly imported beers with its informants that Microsoft is prepared for the battle of its life in this upcoming console war. From what we understand, Bungie is hard at work on, not so surprisingly, Halo 3, which will be ready day and date with the launch of PlayStation 3.

So, while Bungie said it's working on something else, well, we have different news. Sure, the smart creative guys at Bungie are working on something else, but you had better bet your bottom dollar they're also working on the next Halo. The release of Halo 3 at the precise launch of PS3 is a pure, military tactical move, similar to the PS2's greatest lineup ever launching simultaneously with the launch of the Xbox and GameCube. It's designed to counter Sony's upcoming launch with the best weapon Earth has on its side, Master Chief. Go, John 17, go! Save Earth from Sony!

------------------

So thoughts?

I've got two.
1) John's number isn't 17...it's 117. Idiots.
2) PS3 = OWNED!

Last edited by Peanut; 02-26-2005 at 02:59 PM.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 01:03 AM   #83
Duke
Mad Scientist

Well I figured Microsoft would do something smart at the PS3 launch and it looks like they are turning to the very heart and sole of the x-box gaming lineup for the answer. Although, I'm not really sure how much this will effect PS3 launch.
Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 01:15 AM   #84
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

PS3 vs. Revolution vs. Halo 3. Holy SH*T is gonna be ugly. Now THAT is a war.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:19 AM   #85
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

Thing is, most PS2 owners that like FPS alredy own an Xbox for Halo/2. Edit, didn't make my point clear here. This means they're pry already going to get an Xbox 2 for Halo 3. It's not going to increase their market by much.

It'll take Sony's buzz away though, but uh... launching on the same day? That's some dirty tactics... (keep note: Microsoft hit first...)
Kid Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 10:45 AM   #86
Peanut
Second Gear

Well if people know Halo 3 is coming out they'll get the Xbox2 anyways, but releasing Halo 3 on the same day as the PS3 will definately kill they're buzz a bit.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:35 PM   #87
Mondo J. Gecko
Mad Scientist

I think this is just a rumor and speculation... I won't believe anything untill I hear something from Bungie (which could be a long time) but who couldn't figure out that they were going to make a Halo 3... duh! If you've wrapped the single player campaign you know there something more coming... its a given... as for releaseing it on the same day as the PS3... thats dirty... I hope they do it...
Oh yeah... are they going to release Halo 3 on the X-box 2 on the same day as the PS3 or release Halo 3 on the original X-box?
Old 03-01-2005, 01:41 PM   #88
Peanut
Second Gear

Xbox 2 probably. Since Xbox2 is supposed to release before PS3 and Revolution, so I doubt they'd make a new game for an old system.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:04 PM   #89
Peanut
Second Gear

Some more good news for the Japanese game lovers.

Microsoft Partners With Two More Japanese Creators
Former Capcom Director Yoshiki Okamoto and Rez Creator Tetsuya Mizuguchi on board.

Here's the news article on IGN. I'm sure that'll help to bring over more of the Japanese game loving crowd.

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/592/592789p1.html
Old 03-03-2005, 03:20 PM   #90
Mondo J. Gecko
Mad Scientist

meh... this doesn't really impress me all that much... it just means that X-box is looking for more ways to earn cash and is gonna make more games I probably won't buy... mind you the only reason I'll be picking up an X-box 2 is because it'll have Halo 3 on it .. plain and simple...
Old 03-03-2005, 04:32 PM   #91
Peanut
Second Gear

Doesn't intrest me either. I'm not into Japanese games with the exception of what Nintendo makes, but a lot of people complain because there was so little Japanese content on the Xbox.
Old 03-03-2005, 07:44 PM   #92
Mondo J. Gecko
Mad Scientist

too true Peanut... Hey I finally got that Demo Disc with Conker and Splinter Cell on it the other day... man does Conker look good... for squirrel I mean... ... And so does Splinter Cell... I love where their going with splinter cell... its great... Worms 3D was pretty good too... I'm a big fan of the original 2D version though... anybody know if this new 3D Worms version will be over X-box Live? cause that would be super cool... conker online is gonna rock... though I wasn't too impressed with Unreal... it looked good... but I found it way to weird to play in 3rd person mode... I found myself switching to 1st person mode all the time... then getting thomped on by people using melee attacks...
Old 03-03-2005, 07:49 PM   #93
Duke
Mad Scientist

I played the demo of conker today and it has to be one of the best looking games i've ever seen on a console. I've seen better on really nice PCs but again for a console it was beautiful.
Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 07:59 PM   #94
Peanut
Second Gear

Yeah, Conker totally rocks. Splinter Cell: CT is looking amazing if just for the co-op play. That is going to be totally bad ass. Unreal is a bit weird, you need to flip flop from 1st to 3rd view a lot. As for Worms I'm a big fan of the 2d version as well, the 3d version seems kinda clumsy, but I'm sure you can get used to it. It's Live enabled as well.
Old 03-03-2005, 08:40 PM   #95
Mondo J. Gecko
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut
As for Worms I'm a big fan of the 2d version as well, the 3d version seems kinda clumsy, but I'm sure you can get used to it. It's Live enabled as well.
Yeah... it took me a while to get use to the controls and the whole 3D aspect... but after that I found it quite fun... and Live is gonna rock... it'll be super fun...
Old 03-08-2005, 12:42 PM   #96
Mondo J. Gecko
Mad Scientist

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/594/594...html?fromint=1

This is absolute crap coming from ign... Bungie has never posted anything for 30+ jobs and has never even came close to admitting they are going to make Halo 3... this makes me mad when IGN and the media come out and lie straight to the consumers face for a news story... grrrrr...

heres Bungies job listings --> http://www.bungie.net/Inside/Page.as...on=Main&page=1
no where near 30+ jobs in there...
Old 03-08-2005, 03:55 PM   #97
Peanut
Second Gear

Actually...I'm pretty sure that's true. I know for a fact Frankie has mentioned that Bungie has gotten larger, and will get even more so soon. What else could possibly make them hire more people than Halo 3?
Old 03-09-2005, 04:10 PM   #98
Peanut
Second Gear

http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=4507

New Xbox 2 interface screens. They're really going all out in terms of interaction and customization of your console. Very nice.
Old 03-09-2005, 04:28 PM   #99
Mondo J. Gecko
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut
http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=4507

New Xbox 2 interface screens. They're really going all out in terms of interaction and customization of your console. Very nice.
Yeah.. super nice.. I'm getting very interested to see how the new X-box system is gonna play and look... I'm loving all the customization and interaction feautures... Live is gonna be so much better now..

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/594/594...html?fromint=1

IGN has a ton of news coming from the GDC about the x-box 2... looks like E3 is gonna be good this year... can't wait for the unveiling of the X-box 2
Old 03-09-2005, 04:38 PM   #100
Peanut
Second Gear

Same here. I'm looking forward to it almost as much as Revolution, which is saying quite a bit. Although with Revolution still being such a huge question mark, a purchase isn't 100% guranteed. Xbox 2 is a given though.

Tags
microsoft, xbox