The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 03-05-2018, 06:26 AM   #161
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
That's just our resident troll trolling again ;o)...pay him no heed.

But yeah. all that stuff above , AND adding in super long breaks that where sometimes months apart didn't exactly make me have a love fest with this series.

I think this is the only series so far where some shows I've barely watched once, and some i had to force myself to finish.

This new series, so far, does not exactly SCREAM respect. It screams of 'This series has b een rebooted so many damn times, How can we make it feel different and look new?' the first iteration of this idea was Platinum Dune turtles. they apparently KNEW we'd hate the designs, but went ahead with them anyway because they looked different. and we all knew how respectful THAT version was.
Vegita-San finally calls out Cubed for hypocrisy.

But yeah, weren't there at least a few members that used to be excited for Bay and Platinum Dunes to work on a TMNT film before the trailer reveal?
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 06:30 AM   #162
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Vegita-San finally calls out Cubed for hypocrisy.

But yeah, weren't there at least a few members that used to be excited for Bay and Platinum Dunes to touch upon on TMNT film?
I usually try NOT to engage with idiots, as no one wins.. but every once in a while, it's deserved . but, what do I know. I'm clueless. ;o).

I think the only ones who where excited about PD's where plants. or very VERY optimistic people.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 08:10 AM   #163
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Because the 2012 show had none of those things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The love triangle got annoying in some eps, but it was ultimately just a running gag. As for dumb Mike? It's a problem in most incarnations, the 2k3 series made Mikey overly annoying after he won the Battle Nexus in Season 2 for the rest of the series.

Overused horror elements? Sure, but they didn't bother me too much. As for bad writing, every show has both its good and bad episodes, so this is the norm. In terms of the main plots they were handled well. As for ugly designs, what are you referring to here?

We might discuss whether those elements were good or not, but denying that they were present is rather meaningless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Who knows how the show will turn out; Batman Beyond didn't look good on paper either but it's easily one of the coolest takes on it.
Batman Beyond had very competent show runners behind it.

As an example of another good "radical" reboot, I can think of Beast Wars.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 08:48 AM   #164
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post

We might discuss whether those elements were good or not, but denying that they were present is rather meaningless.
How quickly one changes what little mind they have when they get called out on something ;o)...

Yeah. Batman beyond worked, because it had people who knew what the hell they where doing, and respected the franchise. the only things they really changed was the time the series took place in. everything else was pretty damn recognizable as batman staple.

Turtles is kind of a different beast than batman.

Now you have Playmates with more control. and their only concern is selling toys. and that's never good for a series, plot wise.

Old 03-05-2018, 08:53 AM   #165
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Yeah. Batman beyond worked, because it had people who knew what the hell they where doing, and respected the franchise. the only things they really changed was the time the series took place in. everything else was pretty damn recognizable as batman staple.
Hilariously enough, Batman Beyond arose from the concept of Batman being teenager and going to school, proposed by some higher ups at WB. Team that was working on Batman TAS saw it, was horrified and reworked it into what we have today.
It's kind of proves my idea that there is no such thing as bad concepts, only bad executions.

Later, WB attempted to make Batman schoolboy again (look Gotham High) and they eventually made this concept real with that series about female DC characters.
Old 03-05-2018, 08:59 AM   #166
sdp
Megan Fox = April

We haven't seen the show or even a trailer either to know it's outright "trash". People have the right to be critical since it does seem like not the best direction but it also doesn't deserve to be treated like crap since it hasn't even aired.

Quote:
don't they get paid too, or at least incentivized too?
Black Nerd has to be paid whenever he hosts stuff for companies like the latest reveal of Rise or the commentary at E3 or whatever but besides getting exclusives and free swag I doubt they get paid. Youtubers/bloggers are literally some of the cheapest marketing that has become available to companies since it's easy to get fans to shill for them.

They do it because they're living the dream, they get to talk about stuff they like and receive inside info/merchandise because of it. They were hardly ever critical even before they became their marketing shills, just now they have to be even less critical. I followed Pixel Dan and Black Nerd way before they were famous so while I don't enjoy their content much more anymore since it's a caricature of what they used to do, I can't say they're only shilling for money, they're just big fanboys and that's cool, more power to them.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:09 AM   #167
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Make em too different and they might as well be whole new characters. It almost feels like a failed premise of something else and someone said 'wait, replace the characters with the ninja turtles. Who cares if they don't use magic, they'll watch it anyway cause of pizza and cowabunga'.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:13 AM   #168
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Make em too different and they might as well be whole new characters. It almost feels like a failed premise of something else and someone said 'wait, replace the characters with the ninja turtles. Who cares if they don't use magic, they'll watch it anyway cause of pizza and cowabunga'.
Yep.

g bless the B:TAS team for saving batman beyond .

Old 03-05-2018, 09:16 AM   #169
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Totally valid points. I'm still excited for it, I didn't want another "safe/traditional" interpretation right after 2012 finishing, this should be a nice break before we return to norm eventually.
Old 03-05-2018, 11:24 AM   #170
Vegita-San
Emperor

when there are fart jokes in the first 4 minutes....I await your apology.

Old 03-05-2018, 12:24 PM   #171
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Can you specify your statement, please?
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 12:47 PM   #172
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
They are mutant animals... FREAKS! That why they do such terrible things!
Old 03-05-2018, 02:02 PM   #173
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
Fart jokes in the first few minutes.
Old 03-05-2018, 02:04 PM   #174
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
I don't think Vegita enjoyed the toilet humor found in the first episode of the 2012 cartoon, and so projecting that lack-of-enjoyment on to this new as-yet-unseen incarnation.

While I'm not exactly a fan of fart jokes myself, I recognize that kids think bodily functions are funny. Not only that, but our protagonists live in a sewer, so some form of scatological references are to be expected.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 02:26 PM   #175
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Fart jokes in the first few minutes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
I don't think Vegita enjoyed the toilet humor found in the first episode of the 2012 cartoon, and so projecting that lack-of-enjoyment on to this new as-yet-unseen incarnation.

While I'm not exactly a fan of fart jokes myself, I recognize that kids think bodily functions are funny. Not only that, but our protagonists live in a sewer, so some form of scatological references are to be expected.

Oh. I misunderstood his statement.

My apologies.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 10:42 PM   #176
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
I recognize that kids think bodily functions are funny.
I hated fart jokes as a kid and always found them annoying, I think most people think similarly when they were kids. For some reason it's adults from a certain generation that like fart jokes and seem to think that kids like fart jokes.

I see no evidence whatsoever that kids like fart jokes besides movies/shows constantly putting fart jokes.
Old 03-06-2018, 05:18 AM   #177
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
I hated fart jokes as a kid and always found them annoying, I think most people think similarly when they were kids. For some reason it's adults from a certain generation that like fart jokes and seem to think that kids like fart jokes.

I see no evidence whatsoever that kids like fart jokes besides movies/shows constantly putting fart jokes.
I work at a preschool and I can assure you, kids like fart jokes

Anything involving bodily humor, really. Mainly simply because they know it's taboo and they're not supposed to talk about it. Their sense of humor is not very advanced yet.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 08:24 AM   #178
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:

Are you only working with your sample size of one?
Do you have daily exposure to small children?

Because I have 10 years experience teaching animal science to kids, and let me tell you the vast majority of little kids I have dealt with want to know how the animals poop, pee, and whether or not they fart.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 11:57 AM   #179
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I taught kids for 6 years and I went to many different schools since I moved a lot. I just don't see kids naturally loving fart jokes, will they laugh at one? sure but to have so many in shows and cartoons, I think that's just adults thinking kids like them. Or those who enjoy that humor just shove it everywhere they can, I know plenty of adults like fart jokes, hell Howard Stern had a superhero named fart man.
Old 03-06-2018, 12:46 PM   #180
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Hm... maybe Turtles and the Mysticons accidentally got their pilot scripts mixed up. lol

Side note - Now that we've seen the designs and whatnot... Given Nick's love for show crossovers period, and the whole "magic" concept, what are the odds of a late in the series TMNT/Myticons crossover. (Still a little annoyed that they clearly stole some of TMNT's formula for that one and premiered it just as 2012 was ending... then screwed with the guys like this.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote