The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-12-2021, 11:54 AM   #41
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/v...ge-1235037720/

Quote:
The “Venom” sequel, which has been delayed several times amid the pandemic, was set to open on Sept. 24 in the U.S. and will now premiere on Oct. 15.

The delay comes as COVID-19 cases are skyrocketing in the U.S. due to the highly contagious delta variant. The surge has led to a decline in consumer confidence in returning to the movies. According to a recent survey conducted by the National Research Group, 67% of moviegoers say they’re “very or somewhat comfortable” visiting their local multiplex — which is a dip of 3% compared to last week, and down 14% from one month ago.
Old 08-12-2021, 01:26 PM   #42
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Disgusting. 0 cases of COVID in theaters.

And watch this be like the stock market again. 1 movie moves... then in 2 weeks they'll announce Ghostbusters Afterlife for Christmas 2022.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 08-12-2021 at 01:55 PM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 05:24 PM   #43
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
It's not a big delay, but it's still disappointing.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 07:14 PM   #44
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

This is how it started last year. One month... then other movies shift... then the first movie shifts some more, and so on.
Old 08-24-2021, 03:42 PM   #45
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Jesus Christ Sony

IGN
@IGN

BREAKING: Venom 2: Let There Be Carnage will reportedly be delayed again to 2022, taking Morbius' January release date
Old 08-24-2021, 03:50 PM   #46
IMJ
Emperor

Wow... It's going to fall victim to the Black Widow-style hype deflation.....
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 04:28 PM   #47
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Told you guys. I hope the marketing push for their aborted release date hurts Sony badly -- they deserve it. Maybe they, like Fauci, are waiting for 0 COVID?
Old 08-25-2021, 03:50 PM   #48
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I guess Venom isn't moving after all

Quote:

Sony recently pushed its other upcoming comic book feature, “Venom: Let There Be Carnage,” from September to October (although a studio insider says rumors the film will move further to 2022 are not true).

This story has been updated to reflect that “Venom: Let There Be Carnage” will not be moving from its October release date, per a studio insider.
https://variety.com/2021/film/news/s...rd-1235048973/
Old 09-06-2021, 04:26 PM   #50
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Nice ???? 12345678
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 04:27 PM   #51
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Well that's something. We're moving in the right direction now.
Old 09-12-2021, 02:16 AM   #52
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It's only going to be exactly 90 minutes. Which means it's an 80 minute movie. An 80 minute PG-13 movie about Carnage, featuring Venom.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/venom-s...n-quite-short/

Laughable. I won't see it in theaters.
Old 09-15-2021, 12:50 PM   #53
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Leaked post credit sequence

Spoiler:
The symbiote tells Eddie he'll show him 'one second' of what he and his kind have went through, and Eddie is transported into the MCU where he sees Holland on the television with the Symbiote remarking that he hates him but admits he looks 'tasty'
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 01:12 PM   #54
sdp
Megan Fox = April

The MCU has only gotten more comic accurate by bringing this whole mess of adding the Sony verse, the spidey multiverse, the foxverse, the netflixverse all into the MCU through shenanigans and making it hard to follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It's only going to be exactly 90 minutes..
superhero movies don't need to be longer than that, that's a big problem with movies today thinking length is equal to quality
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 05:49 PM   #55
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Pretty amusing:

https://cosmicbook.news/venom-2-sony...mzyOhU2ofah1sI

Also... did we know that She Venom was going to be in this? This is very much seeming like an incredibly BUSY, incredibly SONY Spider-Man movie.
Old 09-30-2021, 01:38 AM   #56
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Post credit scene now on Youtube

Spoiler:
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 02:25 AM   #57
Leo656
The Franchise

Man, I wish I knew that wasn't in English before I wasted time trying to watch it with the sound on. As is, I have no idea what's going on, aside from "Oh, look, Spider-Man." And I hate MCU Spider-Man so I don't even care about that.

No clue what's going on, but obviously the scene's played for laughs judging by the reaction of the theater-goers. Why the f*ck are Venom movies comedies, apparently? I skipped the first one, partly because the trailers just seemed too packed full of jokey bits. Like even if the movie itself is more serious and every single joke in the movie is also in the trailer, that's still more "goofy" stuff than I'd ever wanna sit through in a Venom movie. I don't think Sony "gets" Venom.

That shot where Eddie morphs into Venom and stands there looking at the TV is some late-90s syndicated TV CGI-level sh*t. Mah goodness.

1993-era Me was all excited that someone was gonna do a Venom movie "one day". It sounded like such a can't-miss. Me Right Now can't even fathom when I'd ever be bored enough to actually watch these things. Even if they're Not That Bad... they certainly don't look all that good, either.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 09:33 AM   #58
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

"Venom" still exists as a largely missed opportunity, to me. Here Sony had this golden opportunity to do something -- within a corner of the MCU -- really terrifying, bloody and brutal... and they do like this light, kiddy PG-13 comedy with cardboard characters instead. There's some funny moments that work but... why do this? It could have been this Cronenberg-like body horror thing, but done in an ultimately pleasing way.
Old 09-30-2021, 11:39 AM   #59
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Sony messed up big time not knowing what it had if it wanted to be more like the MCU. The only two names at Marvel that have a large enough cast to be able to have their own cinematic universe are basically Spider-Man and X-Men. They used to own Ghostrider and Punisher through their other distributors, they could've worked out a way to have all those characters in one universe. I mean the cartoon Spider-Man did a really good secret wars adaptation despite being restricted by what characters could appear and it ended up being mostly spider-man heavy cast yet it still felt like a big crossover.
Same with Fox counting they also had a huge chunk of the marvel universe with both X-Men and Fantastic Four; they could've ridden the wave of cosmic marvel and have better stories to tell from the characters they owned.

Alas they failed to realize what they had, everything is now basically under the MCU and we are going to have a bunch of characters wasted because of it. Yeah it's cool that we can see spider-man with the avengers, despite that spider-man isn't an original avenger but if they were separated each could've had their own universe and movies to tell stories and now the MCU is limited to the same amount of movies but now having 2/3rds of a bigger cast than it did to play with. If that had been the case from the beginning perhaps a movie like Iron Man and Guardians of the Galaxy would've never been chosen. I do realize we are getting the immortals and had black panther/dr strage and now some chinese guy in movies that weren't "big" before but I still think those were still done either because of diversity and before the Fox buyout/sony friendship.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 02:39 PM   #60
Sumac
Banned

Sony is basically fourth rate Marvel, with WB being second-rate Marvel and Fox (rip in peperoni) being third-rate Marvel.

They are even more greedy, impatient and disorganized than WB / DC and Fox and can't be assed to figure out vision or at least singular direction to their multiverse. As soon as they screw up another movie, they CANCEL THE **** OUT OF EVERYTHING and start from scratch.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote