Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egon1982 View Post
Sumac is a judgmental person.
Very much so and proud of it.

Quote:
I consider anthros as people who are different. He's no different than a book published in the south of the US that was a guide to why people of different skin were not human and even what whites thought about Native Americans " The Indian…is an untamable, carnivorous animal.
(Dr. Josiah Nott, 1847)"
Two things wrong with this whole paragraph.
1) Anthros not real. They don't care how you treat them, because, they don't exist.
2) Comparing treatment of fictional characters with some real life atrocities and prejudice is an epitome of idiocy, autism and plain disrespect to people who experienced and continue to experience hardships.

If someone commented on my life in style like "but cartoon animals have issues too" I'd made'em a laughingstock in a public, because, this level of autism shouldn't be tolerated.

Last edited by Sumac; 05-03-2020 at 05:30 AM.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 04:04 AM   #62
snake
Disgusting

Egon, what exactly are you trying to argue here?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 07:35 AM   #63
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Like it or not. TMNT attracts the furry fandom. There are a lot of furry fans who are into Alopex, Mona Lisa and Sally Pride. Or any of the animal mutants.

Sure there is a ton of fan art. and most often a lot that is nsfw. But that comes in the territory with this franchise.

When the central characters are talking anthropomorphic animals. Furries are gonna be all over it regardless.
Old 05-03-2020, 03:08 PM   #64
Powder
So tired of this place

The fact nobody realizes this is Jakesully on a dupe account goes to show how much this forum has changed.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 07:12 PM   #65
Leo656
The Franchise

I think a lot of people know or at least suspect, but since they're generally harmless and mildly amusing I think they have a longer leash. That's my theory, anyway.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 06:57 AM   #66
Jazzfox
Thug

Good gosh, on one side of the forum I'm talking about being an overweight lesbian, this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I have to confirm my furriness, lol, surprised I hadn't at least squeezed in a comment before I did a vanishing act for a couple weeks there. And yeah, I had to quote that image, because, goddamnit, soon as I saw that first Alopex appearance in the Raph Micro, I knew I wanted to find out more about the current IDW run

(Heck, I even showed another furry friend the Bebop/Rocksteady micro just because I loved the take so much, the FIRST question they had? "So, who was the fox/wolf person there anyhow?")

I actually don't know how big a furry following TMNT has, but readily assume there's a goshdarn sizable one, because simply by nature, furries as a whole seem to be thirsty for any content

That one anthro background character in Voltron? Has likely a dozen fan clubs and fan canons and such, furries seem to be savants for creating content and consuming it

...Whhhhhiiiiiich is where the rabbit hole just kind of hits China, as a consequence I've seen, very few furries are shy on their statuses and certainly less inhibited on their more 'colorful' shades of preference

So, yeah, lol, us furries are just darn weird, but I'd say for the most part harmless

Just, goddamn unfortunately, way more well known for the more extreme sides

Funny enough someone mentioned comparing Nazis and whatnot, anyone heard of Nazifurs?

(Seriously, don't even bother googling, it sounds EXACTLY like what it is and does not need you to even validate its existence)

I was going to end this post with a statement about personally being of the mind of folks can float their boat as they wish, but it ended up becoming super contrived about not ramming your boat into other folks boats and then inevitably thought there would already be anthro lewd of boats out there already...

Soooooo, instead, please enjoy this relevant comic on the subject of furry art:
https://i.redd.it/pmf5v205epg41.jpg

(NSFW for language, not art, lol)

(Please excuse any long time in replies, sometimes offline for long periods!)
Jazzfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 11:36 AM   #67
pferreira
Foot Elite

Never understood the furry culture.

(re-reads the OP's original question)

Why do I get the impression the OP was asking for links?
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 05:18 AM   #68
Egon1982
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Never understood the furry culture.

(re-reads the OP's original question)

Why do I get the impression the OP was asking for links?
What makes furries and bronies no different than Otakus (anime fans), Star Wars fans, Trekkies, Whovians, MSTies (MST3K fans) and other fandoms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Like it or not. TMNT attracts the furry fandom. There are a lot of furry fans who are into Alopex, Mona Lisa and Sally Pride. Or any of the animal mutants.

Sure there is a ton of fan art. and most often a lot that is nsfw. But that comes in the territory with this franchise.

When the central characters are talking anthropomorphic animals. Furries are gonna be all over it regardless.
What makes Bojack Horseman no different or Fritz the Cat?
Egon1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 09:51 AM   #69
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
What makes furries and bronies no different than Otakus (anime fans), Star Wars fans, Trekkies, Whovians, MSTies (MST3K fans) and other fandoms?
Maybe, because, none, but furries wear horrendous costumes and practice degenerate behavior?
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 02:15 PM   #70
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:

What makes Bojack Horseman no different or Fritz the Cat?
The furries were also into Bojack Horseman.
Old 06-29-2020, 03:16 PM   #71
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

To make a thread like this is rather... obvious. TMNT are anthropomorphized turtles. There should be no question that this fandom attracts "furry" enthusiasts.

The definition of a furry is as follows: an enthusiast for animal characters with human characteristics, in particular a person who dresses up in costume as such a character or uses one as an avatar online.

I myself appreciate animalistic characters in fiction who have human traits... Some of my favorites are: TMNT, The Beast from Beauty and the Beast, Beast from X-men, Nightcrawler from X-men, DC's Man-Bat and a multitude of other comics characters, werewolves, various talking Disney animal characters and the Looney Toons gang. But... I AM NOT A FURRY.

I don't see any reason to be judgmental toward someone who is into costuming or has a deep appreciation for anthropomorphism, BUT... and this is where things get weird...

There is a certain sect of fans that daydream about, write about, or are curious about questionable behavior regarding non-human animals and humans OR less harmfully they dress up as animals to participate with each other in... certain behaviors.

I think furry-ism is a harmless fandom but when you start having human-animal relations, IT GETS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS for the welfare of the animal. Let's not blame furries for this directly but we can't pretend that some people don't try to pervert the natural boundaries between humans and animals.

Humans of all stripes belong with humans of all stripes. Humans DO NOT belong with animals in any romantic capacity. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Last edited by PizzaPower1985; 06-29-2020 at 03:37 PM.
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 05:16 PM   #72
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

While TMNT would be considered furry. There is a part of the furry fandom known as the scalies. Scalies are basically like the furry fandom. But its all about anthropomorphic reptiles. Be it Dragons, Lizards, Snakes or Turtles.
Old 06-29-2020, 05:32 PM   #73
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower1985 View Post
or uses one as an avatar online.
Welp, a lot of us are doomed. lol

And all those who make and own and wear TMNT costumes to conventions or whatever... there's a bit of gray area. Heh.

Quote:
NO EXCEPTIONS.
Not a furry and I make only one exception *hugs Leo* but you're gonna have to pry him from my cold dead arms. lol

Really though I think it depends if someone sees those like the TMNT as people first, or animals first. To me they are just a different sort of people and only animals on the same level that we are.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 05:34 PM   #74
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Some of us love furry characters. But that does not make us a furry. To be a furry. you have to take it seriously enough that you would wear a fursuit.
Old 06-29-2020, 06:21 PM   #75
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post

Really though I think it depends if someone sees those like the TMNT as people first, or animals first. To me they are just a different sort of people and only animals on the same level that we are.
That's a really good point. TMNT fans probably just see the boys as human-like superheroes first and turtles second while Furrys probably come at it thinking of them as walking, talking animals first.
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fredwolfleothebrony, leo656thebrony