The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: What is Tmnt: Secret of the Ooze?
Overrated 16 48.48%
Underrated 17 51.52%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-02-2018, 06:31 AM   #21
Shark_Blade
Emperor

It's the worst TMNT movie ever.

No proper fighting, no weapons (using hotdogs to fight??), playing it safe, kiddie kindergarten jokes, dull dialogues, lame characters (Keno??? and the scientist guy??), and Shredder being useless and non-menacing like "first them....then you..." lmfao so cringy cheesy... I could go on.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 01:48 PM   #22
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post

No proper fighting, no weapons (using hotdogs to fight??), playing it safe, kiddie kindergarten jokes, dull dialogues, lame characters (Keno??? and the scientist guy??), and Shredder being useless and non-menacing like "first them....then you..." lmfao so cringy cheesy... I could go on.
It's not THAT bad.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 08:16 AM   #23
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post

Sounds alot like that Out of the Shadows film you champion so much.

I do think it is underrated but I can definitely see why others don't like it. It may be heavily toned down and the Vanilla Ice scene is an either you like it or you don't scene but I still get some enjoyment out of it and it does have so interesting plotlines and family moments.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 02:59 PM   #24
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Tmnt 2 is a bad movie, but it is so full of 90's spices and flavours one can still appreciate its crunchy nostalgic taste.
Tmnt 1is the only one worth watching but only if you're a fan.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 07:09 PM   #25
shihe
Hench Mutant

I consider everything TMNT slightly underrated.
But having this in mind, I don't think SotO is either overrated nor underrated. I think it's just... Rated?

I like it, but weirdly, I like the 3rd movie slightly more. Despite its flaws. (Everyone can speak English? Really?)
I mean, at least they get to use their weapons there. (Though how cool could it have been to have the movie tell the events of Turtles in Time THE GAME).

But back to SotO. I liked Keno. I still hope someday we'll get a random shell-kicking Asian pizza delivery guy appear in one of the animated shows just for an episode.
Even though it's my least favorite classic movie, I still hold it close to my heart. (Seriously, Super Shredder still gives me goosebumps when he first appears).
Old 03-13-2018, 04:19 PM   #26
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Secret of the Ooze is overrated, imo. I never saw it as a kid, though, so I don’t have any nostalgia for it. Only watched it for the first time today. It’s ok but I didn’t like that the violence was toned down. Also, too much humour such as the pizza jokes. I actually prefer Turtles in Time over this movie.

Last edited by Wesley; 03-13-2018 at 04:28 PM.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 03:16 PM   #27
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
Secret of the Ooze is overrated, imo. I never saw it as a kid, though, so I don’t have any nostalgia for it. Only watched it for the first time today. It’s ok but I didn’t like that the violence was toned down. Also, too much humour such as the pizza jokes. I actually prefer Turtles in Time over this movie.
Turtles in Time was a video game man not a movie. Apologies for being pedantic but...yeah I'm being pedantic.
Old 03-15-2018, 03:18 PM   #28
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I've heard people call the 3rd movie "Turtles in Time" (I think it was even promoted that way once) but as far as I know, its mostly just been offically known as tmnt 3.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 03-15-2018 at 04:01 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 03:14 PM   #29
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I've heard people call the 3rd movie "Turtles in Time" (I think it was even promoted that way once) but as far as I know, its mostly just been offically known as tmnt 3.
Yeah it's just a weird and slightly annoying mislabelling of the movie. I always saw it promoted as 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III'.
Old 03-22-2018, 03:33 PM   #30
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Yeah it's just a weird and slightly annoying mislabelling of the movie. I always saw it promoted as 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III'.
I didn’t know that. I assumed tmnt 3 had the subtitle Turtles in Time, as it was used in the dvd 3-disc collection of all 3 live-action movies I have. Lesson learnt.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 04:06 PM   #31
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
I didn’t know that. I assumed tmnt 3 had the subtitle Turtles in Time, as it was used in the dvd 3-disc collection of all 3 live-action movies I have. Lesson learnt.
Nah, that's something the fans picked up on throughout the years which isn't true. Check the film, it doesn't have that subtitle on screen either. Turtles in Time is the subtitle to the video game.
Old 03-26-2018, 02:27 AM   #32
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

TMNT II: SoTO seems to hover within an odd gray area: the movie isn't exactly overrated, but it isn't totally underrated either.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 09:59 AM   #33
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Nah, that's something the fans picked up on throughout the years which isn't true. Check the film, it doesn't have that subtitle on screen either. Turtles in Time is the subtitle to the video game.
I was a child in this era and saw the film in theaters. I remember the publicity well. It was just called "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III." To put things into perspective, one of the kids who claimed the film was called "Turtles in Time" also claimed the first film was R and that the original Alien was G....

Not quite related, but I have fond memories of seeing these films in theaters. The theatrical one sheet for TMNT III, with the Turtles riding horses in samurai gear, was beautiful, far better than the actual film (and lightyears better than the home video art!).

When I saw TMNT II at the theater, I was handed a fake dollar that had Mikey on it. For whatever reason, I thought it was part of a Kool-Aid promo, similar to one they had for The Jetsons Movie, where you turned in a Kool-Aid rebate to the theater and they handed you a Jetsons toy, but I can't find anything on it. It must've been a local thing that the theater had done. I wish I still had it (the same goes for that Jetsons toy).
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 02:44 PM   #34
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
I was a child in this era and saw the film in theaters. I remember the publicity well. It was just called "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III." To put things into perspective, one of the kids who claimed the film was called "Turtles in Time" also claimed the first film was R and that the original Alien was G....

Not quite related, but I have fond memories of seeing these films in theaters. The theatrical one sheet for TMNT III, with the Turtles riding horses in samurai gear, was beautiful, far better than the actual film (and lightyears better than the home video art!).

When I saw TMNT II at the theater, I was handed a fake dollar that had Mikey on it. For whatever reason, I thought it was part of a Kool-Aid promo, similar to one they had for The Jetsons Movie, where you turned in a Kool-Aid rebate to the theater and they handed you a Jetsons toy, but I can't find anything on it. It must've been a local thing that the theater had done. I wish I still had it (the same goes for that Jetsons toy).
Thumbs up, thumbs up and thumbs up.