The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 12-30-2017, 09:44 AM   #1
Vegita-San
Emperor

year in a nutshell..so, how was yours?

Lets see...January was rather un eventful.

Had a mini break down in February. Anxiety and depression got so bad, I couldn't drive anymore, and had to tell my doctor. started taking yet more medication to help with that. about 6 months later, i'm back to about 50%.

Oddly enough, around the same time, my sister lost her first baby she was carrying that I knew nothing about. it's like all the emotion transferred over and i got the brunt of it..really odd timing.

Stayed home from work for a month because I didn't trust myself to do anything. finally had to force myself out. things got a little better in the summer as medication finally kicked in.

Rest of the year rather un eventful, but finding people helping me to drive to and from places has been a pain. so long as someone is in the car, i'm fine and can drive like normal. but if i'm by myself, my mind has too much time to wonder about all the little bumps in the road, and that's when i get bad.

and to top it all off, I've got a depressed widowed grandma to deal with who has pretty much given up on living and thinks she's going to die any day now. at 92 and living alone, i guess ican't blame her, but she's NOT in as bad a shape as she thinks she is compared to some other people...and probably has the same anxiety issues I have. least i know what side I get it from..

sigh. seems like ever since the dog died in 2004...it's been nothing but divorce, depression and deaths. and grumpy family members who have to deal with it. If I wasn't so used to being by myself, and able to entertain myself with video games and 3D stuff....i'd probably be alot worse off too.

Hoping for a better 2018, but somehow I doubt it.

hopefully other people are having a better year.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 10:00 AM   #2
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

My year was dope. I'm glad to be alive.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 10:03 AM   #3
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Chugging along like the telenovella that it is.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 10:08 AM   #4
Prowler
Emperor

It was a rather boring year. Barely noticed it, tbh. Nothing noteworthy happened during it. Wasn't a bad year per se, but it felt like an extension of 2016 for the most part.

As for 2018, well let's hope it's a bit more interesting. I don't ask for too much.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 10:27 AM   #5
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Decent year, I guess. Didn’t care much for the dull weather, though. It was windy and rained a lot most of the time, but it was still better than previous years. Had a nice Christmas.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 10:55 AM   #6
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
Decent year, I guess. Didn’t care much for the dull weather, though. It was windy and rained a lot most of the time, but it was still better than previous years. Had a nice Christmas.
Lucky you to have had dull weather. Here it was possibly the hottest year ever. May to October/November was constantly super hot.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 11:32 AM   #7
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
As for 2018, well let's hope it's a bit more interesting. I don't ask for too much.
all I asks for is more positivity....less drama, and tons of 99 degree summer days. is that really too much?
Old 12-30-2017, 12:15 PM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord

What I'll remember most this year is how I watched about 500 movies, mostly catching up on old movies from the 70's, 80's, and 90's...online. On the 1.5x times speed setting. I was able to get through so many movies in literally half the time. I can't watch movies on normal speed anymore, it's too slow for me now. I never believed I would ever do something like this, but here we are. In just 1 year I feel like I've caught up on every major mainstream movie from the last few decades. What a time to be alive.

Besides that nothing much changed. Enjoyed the new big videogames like Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the 20+ PS4 games I bought, etc.

And now I am also 1 year older. So far being in my early 30's doesn't feel much different than my 20's. But I still feel older.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 12:40 PM   #9
newfan
Mad Scientist

Well happy birthday Cubed, whatever day it was.

My year wasn't particularly eventful but then eventful doen't always mean something good, I can be happy with mostly content.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 01:31 PM   #10
Powder
So tired of this place

The bad:

-Hadda put my dog down
-My Grandma (who is basically a parent to me) suffered a heart attack. Survived, thank God, but you can imagine the stresses that come with it.
-Was sick for like 2 & a half months straight.
-I almost got killed by a faulty ride at our state fair. Scariest sh*t ever.

The good:

-Made some new friends who are super awesome.
-Got to illustrate a short story in TMNT: Origin, which features the likes of Berger & Lawson, & was even backed by Kevin Eastman.
-Was gifted a prop from the first TMNT film (a blade from Shredder's armor).
-Received a nice royalty check from the NFL, who played one of my group's songs at a large number of games last season.

Had some hiccups with depression & all that, but I feel in better spirits overall. At least in some ways.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 02:05 PM   #11
Ninjinister
無問題

2016 ended on a high note and I felt the best I had since I was a kid. Then late January everything fell apart and just kept getting worse. I haven't recovered from a lot of it.
Old 12-30-2017, 05:56 PM   #12
Katie
Just...way too serious.

Had a pretty decent year with the exception of losing my sweet puppy, but she was a 15 year old Dalmatian and had a long and spoiled life.

I have the means to live well and pretty much do what I want, thank God for that. I am blessed for sure.
Old 12-31-2017, 02:27 AM   #13
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Best way to sum up 2017: It kept me busy.

Did I enjoy 2017? Ehh ..so-so.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 02:39 AM   #14
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Good
- Graduated from college!
- Decided to date someone
- Got to spend two weeks with Ceres - and a weekend with PrincessUtrom joining us
- One of my brothers got married. I'm not thrilled that he took "my" cat with him to his new home, since he's fine with their dog. But I feel better that he's made his place as "Lord of the (spiral) Stairs" as soon as he moved in. And won't let the 40 pound dog pass when he's up there
- Met Col. Eileen Collins, a retired NASA Astronaut

Bad
- The kitten I rescued in summer 2016 died from a lung fungus at the start of the year
- Had a long miserable night with a dying stray cat rescued off my back porch; mostly devastated that there was no way to save him because he was a great cat otherwise
- Did struggle quite a lot in my classes
- My other brother, who was engaged for a while, ended up breaking it off and basically went on a long drawn out spinout that eventually had him collapsing and spending some time at an ER. The two events aren't really related, but as far as I can tell, it's been a pretty bad year for him.
Old 12-31-2017, 06:34 AM   #15
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
- Decided to date someone
- My other brother, who was engaged for a while, ended up breaking it off and basically went on a long drawn out spinout that eventually had him collapsing and spending some time at an ER. The two events aren't really related, but as far as I can tell, it's been a pretty bad year for him.
Bunch of people i'd love to date. sadly the feeling is never mutual. sigh. home alone again on new years eve this year. how fun.

thankfully my spinout didn't involve a hospital stay. but sometimes it feels like it should. ugh. i know the bad year feeling. hopefully things get better!
Old 12-31-2017, 01:18 PM   #16
Katie
Just...way too serious.

Not having a “date” never stopped me from going out on New Year’s. Some of the best times I had were when I went somplace I had never been and knew no one there.
Old 12-31-2017, 02:25 PM   #17
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeah, you can still go and live it up...we're not even doing that, we're just staying at the house and watching stuff. With the "main event" being the Star Wars Holiday Special
Old 12-31-2017, 03:26 PM   #18
Vegita-San
Emperor

when you don't drink, and don't care for places where it happens, living it up becomes less and less.

I've found as i get older, holidays are more meant for couples and or couples with kids. and i tend to find them more throw away every year.
Old 12-31-2017, 04:57 PM   #19
newfan
Mad Scientist

I don't live it up at new year, often been to small family parties but the past few years have been fairly quiet.

Last edited by newfan; 12-31-2017 at 05:05 PM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 08:02 PM   #20
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Staying home and watching the ball drop in NYC (at 11 here). I have to get up early for work tomorrow....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote